Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Feedback wanted from PlayerAuctions

Feedback,
So Rolf you told me I had fallen for a scam involving macros, you are welcome to come check my toon any time :) I would like an apology for the accusation that I've fallen for a macro by the way, a serious charge in wurm. But as the rest of the  feedback is indicating, folks would rather pay an ingame shop then a 3rd party site that encourages breaking TOS. You can't get around that fact with playerauctions. Create an auction house for accounts and take a 5% cut. But don't tell us we're dumb, stupid, or send us to a 3rd party site that helps break TOS and expect us the paying players to not break TOS.
The short version: Sell this in an ingame shop or auction house, not a TOS breaking 3rd party site.

• Like 3

People are bringing up old arguments. I have considered the things you say and it's the same as the previous thread. FUD and illogical arguments about how other MMO games should affect our business model because of their restrictive Terms of Service. Extend that logic and we should avoid PayPal and Visa as well.

I've hidden those posts. Take it somewhere else than this thread.

This thread is for feedback from people actually trying the service.

The old thread got locked, and the issues are still valid. Would you like us to start a new thread for our concerns?

• Like 5

The old thread got locked, and the issues are still valid. Would you like us to start a new thread for our concerns?

I'd say he does. 

*edit*

Rolf, I appreciate that you believe the other MMOs have too highly restricted TOS.   And I highly appreciate that you do not have a similarly restricted TOS and allow us to sell our accounts and items for real money.  But the TOS of other games are just as valid as yours.

Edited by Lisabet
  • Like 2

People are bringing up old arguments. I have considered the things you say and it's the same as the previous thread. FUD and illogical arguments about how other MMO games should affect our business model because of their restrictive Terms of Service. Extend that logic and we should avoid PayPal and Visa as well.

This thread is for feedback from people actually trying the service.

You are confusing illogical arguments with solid facts.

• Like 1

Started the registration proces, mail verification went fine. Then I saw the list of data required to get to a status where I'd actually be able to buy or sell.

More personal info than I'm willing to give away to test any service online. End of the line for me, sorry.

• Like 11

At this point, methinks you are looking for blind approval, not feed-back.

I tried to register, I was confused why would I have to share so much personal information, I gave up.

The posts you have hid, that was feed-back, ; "we love, worship and do whatever you tell us to do" isn't feed-back, Rolf ... sorry.

Edited by Evening
  • Like 14

Well here is my feedback i went to the site clicked to buy a gnome but they wanted me to register so that was it i was done.  They don't have a guest pay option so i will wait for a gnome to come up for sale in the forums for in-game coins. (I know it would be hard to manage a guest pay but ebay seems to do fine with one)

Seems these gnomes might be more rare than we think if no one buys any, lol

• Like 1

For MembersWho Have Registered Outside of the 21 Secured Countries & Areas List:

Your account is able to send and receive messages from other members, as well as make purchaes, but can not sell. Payment options are limited to bank transfers.

Farewell.

Good Riddance!

• Like 1

Goodness, I wouldn't fill in that much personal info for a site I actually trusted; I'm certainly not going to for one that's already looking a wee bit shady.  I gave up at that point.  Being forced to use USD doesn't help much either.

• Like 1

I tried to open an account and it wouldn't accept my phone number. My cell phone with Virgin mobile as my only phone.

registered and purchased

tho it says on the buy page

"Seller will deliver via: Face to Face"

which im fine with if you want to bring em to pristine, I challenge you to sail through Xanadu in a breeze though :P

• Like 4

I've gone to the site, I do not like their business model / practices thus I will not be using them for any reason, buying or selling. This is my honest feedback about the site just as you have asked. I do not agree with them breaking the ToS of other games, I do not trust them to keep Wurms ToS, if they cannot do that they they cannot be trusted with any form of payment info or anything. Lack of trust is lack of trust regardless of anything else. If they cannot keep their word about one thing, how do I know they will keep their word and follow thru with what they say they will do. It seems that the only thing they want to follow thru on is making as much money as they can and they do not care about running a honest upfront business. That is my opinion of the site.

• Like 4

OK so with all the drama I was a little curious and fancied a gnome for myself.  The registration process asks for:

Normal account/password/email combination - I used non-wurm related details and my real email address

Full name and address - I faked the whole lot. In fact as it didn't recognise UK postcodes as valid I had to fake a zip code instead.

Phone number - I gave my real mobile number.

So all they have are my email and phone. I don't get much spam on either so I'll be watching if there's any increase.

Payment options are very US-centric, but paypal is an option so I used my normal paypal account I already use here. No issues.

I would prefer to keep my transactions within wurm, buying silver from the shop to send through the mailing system, but if I *had* to pay real money for something this isn't so bad. However if Rolf is considering ditching the wurm shop and sending all purchases through this site I would object.

On the matter of gnomes: If they are truly a one off limited item they should be numbered. Nothing says limited edition like having 'Gnome 42' :D

• Like 3

LOL, do I see right that it's now cheaper to buy silver from Rolf on that site than from Wurm's own shop?

It won't let me register... awesome site....

I type information... press the register button and nothing happens.

EDIT:  I used internet explorer instead of firefox and it worked.

Edited by DoctorAngus

OK i see this game sells gold to different MMO,S.

One being AA=Archeage.

Most gold sellers for AA are bot hack infested sites and are aginst such games TOS.

If you plan to force players to purchase Wurm time or items in the future from there and not Wurm shop , i will never play Wurm or support youagain.

Its to bad Wurm is a great game , but i have seen places like that destroy games faster then you can say NO.

• Like 2

While I am slightly dubious about the whole idea., I can see Rolf is itching to get the ball rolling on this and for some helpful feedback.

I signed up, it asks for some basic information , as any site does when you are buying or selling things. Straight forward, email and sms verification was instant and the whole thing took roughly 2 minutes.

Full name and address - I faked the whole lot. In fact as it didn't recognise UK postcodes as valid I had to fake a zip code instead.

Phone number - I gave my real mobile number.

UK postal code worked fine for me leaving the space out. 

I would prefer to keep my transactions within wurm, buying silver from the shop to send through the mailing system, but if I *had* to pay real money for something this isn't so bad. However if Rolf is considering ditching the wurm shop and sending all purchases through this site I would object.

On the matter of gnomes: If they are truly a one off limited item they should be numbered. Nothing says limited edition like having 'Gnome 42' :D

My thoughts exactly. 

I know many have a bad opinion over the site but overall it was an acceptable experience and I went ahead and bought 20 gnomes , lol.  Looking forward to seeing how this works out. 

I used it and everything went fine. I can understand the need to shift forum markets as its already clogged with enough as it is. This way code club won't be responsible for botched sales as most bombard the devs when sales go sour. I have no problems with the site as long as the wurm team is ready to fix any problems that could arise.

• Like 1

Ehm,

that was a scam intented to harm Wurm and you fell for it man. GJ bringing that up here :)

We can sell gnomes ingame sure. But I want some of you to try this out and see how it is for yourself instead of spreading rumours. If you're sceptical you're free to refrain from trying.

I want sincere feedback in this thread, not FUD which will yield warnings.

I'll give you some sincere feedback, I typically use the same name in every game I play, I have for years, I don't care for hackers, bots and other cheats in games I play.

Why would I register a name I use all the time on a site that is against the ToS of most every game on the planet, outside of the vacuum that is the Wurm office, people do play different games with friends and some even try and maintain a sense of integrity, While you might have no issue attaching the name Rolf to whatever suits your fancy at any given time, I however do not.

I checked it out, and bought 2 of the gnomes.

This will be the last transaction that I do with this site.

The registration asks for a lot more info that I care for.

The entire site tries way too hard to look and feel legit. They are trying so hard to look legit it made me uncomfortable.

So I broke out the disposable visa card.

Part of the verification process is they pre authorize a small amount before they will take the card. This made me have call customer service since pre auths don't show in my online history.

Then after the customer service rep found the amount for me to enter into the website, I get taken back to the enter the payment details page again, and have to re enter everything and agree to the entire amount charge again. Made me feel like I was going to be charged twice. This is just bad process flow on their part.

Now it says upto 120 hours for ingame delivery.

Summary: The whole site feels shady. Too much personal details, wtf do they need my cell number for? And the last thing I want to do when buying something, is to call my CC company one the phone, and wait on hold for forever.

I would rather you Rolf, develop an (in game/web store) escrow service. Take a direct escrow fee yourself.

Edited by Sometouw

Allot of banks and instetutions use cell/home numbers to autotenticate transactions , so they can pretty well empty your bank account or make a new you with all the info they want..

Not my cup of tea , just be careful .

Not sure why Rolf is doing this?

I got 2 but it was kind of a hassle, had to enter the same info 3 separate times, once for the website (I presume), once for verifying my card and once for the final payment. Also had to verify both my email and my cellphone (!?). I doubt I'll ever use the site for anything else, there are easier ways but mainly because they facilitate RWT on games that don't allow it. Very shady.