Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Feedback wanted from PlayerAuctions

Hi!

In order to get some of you to try PlayerAuctions out and give feedback here I have created a couple of hopefully interesting offers:

http://www.playerauctions.com/wurm-online-items/

We're offering 10 Gold coins for 120$ each and also 200 new Garden Gnomes:

gardenGnome.PNG

These gnomes will be on offer for one month and no new ones will enter the game once the 200 on offer runs out or the time period ends. Just as with the other gnomes, the hats glow in the dark:)

The offers are valid both on the Freedom and Epic clusters. The gnomes will be delivered via the ingame mail system.

In case you want to try and sell stuff yourself, PlayerAuctions will offer a free commission fee for new sellers from the Wurm Community for their first successful sale.

To be eligible for this feature Wurm Users who register their account on PA must input: wurmonline  in the referral field when registering:

parefer.png

How it will work:

- The commission fee will be deducted as normal for the sale. However after it's successful completion, visit the PlayerAuctions live chat, and tell them you are a Wurm Community member and ready to receive your "Code Club Kick Back". 
- Their customer service will confirm your referral and the successful order completion, then send a request to finance to adjust the commission rate to 0 for the order, or refund the commission fee which will be processed within 72 hours if they had already disbursed payment to your account. 

Anyways, I'm mainly interested to see how you experience the site since as you probably know I have a large interest in the virtual economy aspect of Wurm as well as safe possibilites to exit if you ever want to quit playing. The main reason for this is that I think it gives the game a dimension where nothing is really pointless since you can get something back for your invested time and effort. So don't hesitate to give feedback here once you've used it.

Cheers,

Rolf

In order to get some of you to try PlayerAuctions out and give feedback here I have created a couple of hopefully interesting offers:

So the rejection of this wasn't comprehensive enough the first time, now you are trying to get us to use this dubious site anyway with promises of discounts and gnomes?

The information they require from people to use their site is somewhat more invasive than cavity searches at airports.

No.

• Like 21

Signed up, verified my mail and my account via phone. Payment went through just fine. 

• Like 2

So the fact the macro incident from player auctions that the players themselves had to point out to Rolf and the "disappointment" he felt in the players for the negative feedback they gave.... Guess we haven't learned anything :)

• Like 6

Well seems the gnomes are gone someone is going to make a profit off them, lol

Edit: Well now it is working again showed up as canceled at one time when i looked. 

Edited by Kegan

-1 Fail  Tried to order 2 gnomes and get this error with all my phone numbers

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your verification request with the phone number provided. Please note that only fixed line and contracted mobile phone numbers are supported by our SMS and Automated Call verification systems.

Well there is a typo on one of the pages i don't think it matters any in the actual price but thought i would post it...

Seems the gold is $1.20 not $120, lol

eS5lmiP.jpg

I agree i would have bought one from the shop but i guess he must be getting a kickback on the stuff that sells over there so he is wanting a part of the account sales that goes on so is trying to get everyone to use this site...idk

Yeah no problem there, but players don't want to use that particular site.

So the fact the macro incident from player auctions that the players themselves had to point out to Rolf and the "disappointment" he felt in the players for the negative feedback they gave.... Guess we haven't learned anything :)

Ehm,

that was a scam intented to harm Wurm and you fell for it man. GJ bringing that up here :)

We can sell gnomes ingame sure. But I want some of you to try this out and see how it is for yourself instead of spreading rumours. If you're sceptical you're free to refrain from trying.

I want sincere feedback in this thread, not FUD which will yield warnings.

• Like 1

I am glad to see you are aware of the incident I'm referring to. Not the least of which is chastising the player base hehe. Was it a scam? Yes. Did it show up the game? Yes. I only hope this round goes better :)

Well there is a typo on one of the pages i don't think it matters any in the actual price but thought i would post it...

Seems the gold is $1.20 not $120, lol

eS5lmiP.jpg

It says "100s" and then 1.2 for 1, so it seems fine.

• Like 2

Tried to order 2 again with different info and other phone numbers and still cannot verify account.  Seems I wont be getting these.

Did you try to contact their live chat? Maybe they have an answer at least..

• Like 1

bought a gnome to support your endeavor, rolf. i don't like this, but i like your game and will support you. 

everything went just fine, no hiccups

Edited by Mahngiel

bought a gnome to support your endeavor, rolf. i don't like this, but i like your game and will support you. 

everything went just fine, no hiccups

Have you already received the gnome, and what was the total charged to you?

I got charged 6,53$ (didnt use that refer thing Rolf mentioned in the OP).

~5.30€

Thanks.

I was very sceptical to PayPal when it first surfaced and was reluctant to registering. Things have turned out pretty good though and it works very well for most parts.

PlayerAuctions has been around at least since 2007 and I figure it may be worth a shot.

• Like 1

Othob it's from me/Code Club. They take some commission I guess.

Is that possible to pay directly in € or it's just an american website ?

My bank will charge me extra fee if i pay in an other currency.

I guess at the moment i will not use it because of the currency problem.

Is that possible to pay directly in € or it's just an american website ?

My bank will charge me extra fee if i pay in an other currency.

I guess at the moment i will not use it because of the currency problem.

I didn't try but at the top I saw a $USD text, maybe you can change it there.

Have you already received the gnome, and what was the total charged to you?

6.35 with their fees. Says 120 delivery time, so idk if these gnomes are even in the game yet