Sign in to follow this  
Delakar

Could there be a Kickstarter for Wurm 2.0?

New client, updated code etc?

What do you guys think? Could a Kickstarter crowdsourcing venture be a viable source of capital to get Wurm to the next level?

The only bad thing i see with things like that is it kind of puts off that your game is subpar or in financial ruin to the point there is no more hope left and i don't think he is there or that the game needs that kind of publicity.

Also there already have been talks about a big project that is almost complete that will hopefully boost performance according to Budda in one of his posts not long ago so i think they have already been doing things anyway. 

Edited by Kegan

The only bad thing i see with things like that is it kind of puts off that your game is subpar or in financial ruin to the point there is no more hope left and i don't think he is there or that the game needs that kind of publicity.

Also there already have been talks about a big project that is almost complete that will hopefully boost performance according to Budda in one of his posts not long ago so i think they have already been doing things anyway. 

True! I forgot that bit. Hopefully it's not just removing ALL wooden textures. =P

I hope Wurm Online becomes better at advertising on other game-related sites. I remember Xanadu advertise got me into this game 8 months ago, even if that advert was of poor style and quite...desperate.

The answer is no Delakar

The Kickstarter concept is ment to help new developers with their first game.

Kickstarter is not ment to be a social wellfare for old games that allready have established themself on the market.

And Rolf have been opening new servers almost 1 new per year right, this is not what u would see from anyone applying for a kickstarter.

Is almost like saying that Notch is unemplooyed now after selling Minecraft for 2.5 billion dollars and need to apply for a kickstarter =)

There is allready a ton of other Sandbox wannabe lookalike games on Kickstarter that are just dying to get your money.

Just dont be angry if u throw your money away on a thing that will never be fully developed.

I you dont believe me, look up what Totalhalibut / Totalbiscuit got to say about it on youtube.

Aye wouldn't call this really kickstarter appropriate, unless there was funding needed for massive server expansion or whatever.

Crowdfunding then.

You bring the crowd and I'll bring the popcorn.

Kidding aside, I try to get my friends to play here but they see the grind and go back to... farming Molten Core for 10 years to get rep. LOL

• Like 1

I only see Rolf and team running at full capacity. Depends if rolf wants to expand the team, even though it seems development is on track. 

I hope Wurm Online becomes better at advertising on other game-related sites. I remember Xanadu advertise got me into this game 8 months ago, even if that advert was of poor style and quite...desperate.

Desperate times call for desperate advertising :P

decije-moljakanje-350x186.jpg

Actually I think right now the team is hitting a very nice pace in terms of development, hate to do anything to mess that up, I am sure they will know "when its time."  Many people here have been playing 4-6-8 years, its not like the game is going to "die" if it doesn't double its population within the next year. 

I am in the camp that does not WANT a sudden inpouring of people who don't quite "get" the game. I'd rather people learned about it gradually via YouTubes and Streams, and discussions on other forums.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I think people forget that Wurm is extremely limited with the amount of players it can handle, if an advertisement on this scale were to take place the servers and lag issues would need to be fixed first.

Another problem is that the majority of gamers these days focus more on graphics than game play, its like the old saying "dont judge a book by its cover" well gamers seem to more now than they ever did and lets be honest if people judge wurm by a screenshot most will just carry on searching for another.

thats my 2 cents anyway

Another problem is that the majority of gamers these days focus more on graphics than game play, its like the old saying "dont judge a book by its cover" well gamers seem to more now than they ever did and lets be honest if people judge wurm by a screenshot most will just carry on searching for another.