Sign in to follow this  
sasquache

Npc boat crews

+1 the player interaction i get but seriously sail xanadu with no wind in a knarr or caravel. You will try to jump off and feed yourself to mr.sharkie!

-1, Wurm needs less NPCs, not more. This is just another way to discourage player interaction.

Interaction would work well if Wurm had 10 times the current playerbase. At times I think Wurm has designs planned on some huge number that has never happened.

People complain about not being able to level every skill on one character removing how most games force interaction in crafting, but then complain that Wurm needs player interaction to work properly ( why mailboxes aren't ever fixed correctly, slow ass travel etc.) 

Edited by Kadore

+1, Wurm needs MORE NPCs, not LESS. This is just way to get rid of a silly time consuming thing and add a boost to cross server trade.

How about we just make ships not go at 0.87km/h (or even backwards) at minimum speed...?

<_<

It's a BY FAR simpler solution...

Edited by Zekezor

-1 on PvP servers, we need less pay to win rather then more

+1

I hate sailing, especially to deliver or pick up stuff, but when i dont have a choice and i must sail, i bring with me my lw tools and some lw sets, or other things i can grind on a go (working forge in big boats would be nice too)

+1

Player interaction is so low because it is FAR easier just to learn to do things for yourself.  If you want player interaction you need to cap growth which I cannot see happening (and not cripple them like priests I may add!).

So this idea is a good one, maybe just a one off payment of 5s per sailor for the ship with rare/supreme/fantastic ships being able to hold an extra 1/2/3 crew, sailors follow the ship and cannot be removed once placed.

what if they added time dilation {or whatever that is? : speeds up time for long journey travels}

OR you could all get community involvement and build / raise land bridges... maybe even could build a long enough bridge with small pylon islands for the bridge(s) base (not sure of the correct terms)

i see an opportunity to change the face of wurm with ways of connecting these continents / islands...much like the boat bridges.

hel you guys could even stream it over the course of the construction time, i can see it now:

"Largest Player Community Project online! come make Wurm History with us!"

there are player solutions out there, we dont need a hand out from Rolf.

hel the only other thing that may make it easier is maybe some kind of hot air balloon aerial, but THAT would have to be implemented as a handout of course. (too bad we dont have discovery / invention)

hel we have portals, so why not use them to travel? ( i mean they could be made to be used this way if rolf so decided im sure)

Edited by Wizlawz

the fact is trading between servers suck i shouldn't have to spend a whole day sailing to another server and having to have 10 other alts logged in so they don't fall out at server crossings if my boats went faster because i could buy a crew for it and not have to deal with all the alts that are just for the Knarr to travel between servers then i would travel around more, explore more people would have more deeds on different servers their would be more player interaction because i wouldn't look at as such a major hassle and want to go participate in events that people hold or sell things to other servers more often yes travel between servers should take some time but not hours upon hours yes wurm is a grinding game and everything takes time so shouldn't i get more time for the grind not much less just because i choose to travel if we went off of some suggestions by others on here never sailing always buying from neighbors everybody would still be on Indy and would never have gone to the other servers but people did so now theirs 6 to 700 people spread out a crossed 8 islands and have friends that i go see a lot that live on 3 of them penalizing me with slow travel time doesn't make me want to go to other servers that i haven't been to yet and make more friends which just adds up to a lot more travel time 

+1

The idea is good, but payment for an npc is a bit much, water and food is ok and sometimes a hit with a whip if they dont sail with full speed. ;)

For a deed guard i have to pay each month 1 s , thats ok he kill unwanted mobs. A npc crew that cost money will lower your money a lot that u get out from a trade.

That was the normal way  come to cheap sailor IRL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghaiing

Renny

+1

Hate travelling, especially with the dreadfully long server of Xanadu when traversing in a rowboat or sail boat. I refuse to ask others to join me because then I'd be wasting more than just my time. I refuse to make alts SPECIFICALLY to do things like this for me because why should I have to make more than one character just to be able to sail efficiently?

-1, Wurm needs less NPCs, not more. This is just another way to discourage player interaction.

what a load of crap when i need boat crew i don't use anything but a ton of alts not other players no other players want to come be your boat crew

I have seen his boat, when it drives by everyone crashes lol.

Agreed npc boat crews needed

+1 OR we can go into steam power and revolutionize wurm! boating for 5 hours to go from release to chaos or indy is just WTF

Edited by hyperdallas