Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Test client has a new BSB model + texture

I have always found grass blowing in the wind to be a source of a lot of graphic lag for me or at least it seems like it when i crank up the graphics and the animations. I have to turn down the tile density to get it to calm down some if on my older pc.  

I have always found grass blowing in the wind to be a source of a lot of graphic lag for me or at least it seems like it when i crank up the graphics and the animations. I have to turn down the tile density to get it to calm down some if on my older pc.  

True, I bet removing the waving grass and trees will increase performance 10000% more than removing some wood textures.

The new shader system better come soon after.

Putting up with mis-matching furniture is just unnecessary emotional trauma. This is Wurm, where the OCD roams wild and free(dom)!

Honestly, removing stuff like this makes me question why I bother playing. There's enough small changes, randomly implemented, with no overall suggestion of a plan, that worries me. I end up wondering why I bother investing time and mental energy into a game that can change drastically from one day to the next with no warning.

People may think that changing stuff like textures won't affect everyone, but the thinking behind these changes, and the lack of communication that goes with that, can.

• Like 1

Except the devs really can't win here.

Don't replace models for existing items, they won't match the new items.

Replace them, temporarily lose customization.

Except the devs really can't win here.

Don't replace models for existing items, they won't match the new items.

Replace them, temporarily lose customization.

Uhmm, when replacing the models for the existing items, they didn't match them with the new items anyway... 

And Wurm's track record for the length of a "temporary" period is scary...

But the BSB and the FSB DO match, so I am done complaining... for now :)

Hope they make the shader system first b4 they remove the wood texture of bsbs,s.I love my multi coloured bsb,s

The new FSB and BSB models look great, in fact I love that the bags on the bsb look more like real burlap than that horrible yellow, I'm always trying to hide it. In the long run though I'd rather keep the old models if it means I lose wood type textures. I am crossing my fingers that someone will take pity on us and fix the different wood textures to fit the new items coming in. 

Please keep the wood textures for bsb and fsb the same and ......

Please, please, loose the sacks of grain !

no, keep the sacks of grain!  When I stack my billions of BSBs, I overlap to save space and the sacks are what I use to select between them.  Also, when I tuck them under my forges, the sacks stuck out for selecting them.  Sacks are soooo important for me.

It's not bad looking, just miss my wood textures...

Edited by Coastis

I'd bet this is just part of the process. Scale back on the current variety, make it all generic, then add new shader capability and slowly roll out the new textures.  Easier transition I'd imagine.

• Like 2

I'd bet this is just part of the process. Scale back on the current variety, make it all generic, then add new shader capability and slowly roll out the new textures.  Easier transition I'd imagine.

This.

I'd have a whole lot more confidence in 'the process' if there were some actual published timescales to work from, even if only approximate ones.  What I see now is "wood textures gone, we may implement another way to see them at some point in the future, maybe".  How long have bridges been 'coming soon'?

I immediately regret my previous post, these sacks of dust and wood shavings need to be returned to their previous colorful infamy! Even built not intentionally the slight variety added a large amount of immersion.

• Like 1