Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Test client has a new BSB model + texture

And it looks pretty alright, save for the fact our wood variations are being taken away (Though hopefully the devs stay true to their word about shaders).

X5SOF0h.jpg

• Like 3

Looks really bland...

Seeing as it is a "bulk" storage, I dont think it needs to be too unique and special  :P

• Like 1

Nooo, I use wood type to remember what I have in which bin. I love my mismatching collection of different bins :(

• Like 2

Nooo, I use wood type to remember what I have in which bin. I love my mismatching collection of different bins :(

Can also use "rename"...

The wood does match the fsb it looks like but the bag is not the yellowish color anymore it is a strange white/brown kind of thing it would look much better with the yellow back..imo

Edit: Also there is a misalignment issue with it too the two box things do not align right...

Ic9eXRK.jpg

Edited by Kegan

I really didn't think this would matter to me that much, but seeing what's coming down the creek, I find it really matters!  Wurm just won't be the same - it turns out I rely on BSB colour a fair bit, even with renamed BSBs.  Please get the shader change in before you blow away the textures!

Alternately, perhaps you could make wood textures an option, so that those who struggle with performance can disable them, and those of us who don't can retain them?  As my PC seems perfectly happy to run 3 clients simultaneously across 3 monitors, all graphics maxed (60/30/30 FPS), I'd rather have wood textures than client performance boosts.

• Like 1

Yay for matching wood types!  :D

The lids could use some realignment, and although I generally hate loosing colours, I like the new colours of the sacks. It looks like natural hessian sacks.

How development decisions are made for Wurm.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUZk7VLLdE

Edited by ShadowRonin
  • Like 3

Yay for matching wood types!  :D

The lids could use some realignment, and although I generally hate loosing colours, I like the new colours of the sacks. It looks like natural hessian sacks.

I guess not completely back to what we had for sacks but a lighter version the ones they are using now are to brown i think. Here have a look at what i mean...

2al4Omg.jpg

UdIUsIL.jpg

Also the bsb looks a shade lighter then the fsb but that could just be lighting i guess in the ss at least they do match. I expect the barrels to be next  and i recon the same texture would be the best with them too if there is only going to be one.  It is just a shame we have to lose them at all but lets hope the new shader system comes in quick.   

Please keep the wood textures for bsb and fsb the same and ......

Please, please, loose the sacks of grain !

• Like 1

And when have you had an issue with performance in game.... I haven't and I run an old 32 bit computer with 4 gigs of ram....  So where did this mysterious performance problem come from?!? 

Seeing as it is a "bulk" storage, I dont think it needs to be too unique and special  :P

i was referring to the colours, they just seem... bland, really dull and boring. 

in my opinion

And when have you had an issue with performance in game.... I haven't and I run an old 32 bit computer with 4 gigs of ram....  So where did this mysterious performance problem come from?!? 

And that is you, and not other people.

Well Shrimpie I highly doubt the majority of the player base is using commodor 64's or 486's to play wurm....

If my stone age rig doesn't have issues how are the new 64 bit 16gig ram folks having any!!! 

So again effort being put into projects that limit our creativity for what reason that makes sense?!? 

While the replacement project "Shaders is benched"  While failed concepts like the challenge server are being pushed thru...

When the LARGE majority of the player base is AGAINST it....

• Like 2

I'm willing to bet a large sum of gold that there will be no noticeable performance boost gained by the removal of wood textures.

• Like 4

If performance is such a great issue and all of a sudden can be improved only and ONLY by removing wood types, why don't we get a black&white Wurm? That would fix all the performance problems ... which, of course, are based entirely on the wood type used for bsbs, fsbs and boats!!!!!!

• Like 1

Or just, you know, make the different wood types optional for those with less robust machines.

• Like 1

I guess not completely back to what we had for sacks but a lighter version the ones they are using now are to brown i think. Here have a look at what i mean...

2al4Omg.jpg

UdIUsIL.jpg

Also the bsb looks a shade lighter then the fsb but that could just be lighting i guess in the ss at least they do match. I expect the barrels to be next  and i recon the same texture would be the best with them too if there is only going to be one.  It is just a shame we have to lose them at all but lets hope the new shader system comes in quick.   

I see what you mean. They apparently look better in poor lightning. Luckily for me, I am so far behind on imp'ing lamps on my deeds, that I don't think I will ever catch up :)

Pretty sure this whole thing is more about time devs spend on an item making several versions with different textures rather than performance.

On a 4gb slow as ___ laptop, no items cause lag, people + houses do... Yet we have how many floor/wall/roof types, or how about faces, hair, clothing/armour choices? but wood is the issue,

So yeah, definitely say this is more about devs spending less time on 1 item and having more time to work on new/old models

hmm shame to see another item lose its unique texture set of different types of wood,hoping the shaders will be implemented first before this too goes bland. the worst one for me is boats though, although i like the new models

If performance is such a great issue and all of a sudden can be improved only and ONLY by removing wood types, why don't we get a black&white Wurm? That would fix all the performance problems ... which, of course, are based entirely on the wood type used for bsbs, fsbs and boats!!!!!!

Or let's just use dwarf fortress graphics. That should solve everything.

• Like 1