Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 47

So even after the huge Negative response too the challenge server your still pushing this thru!!!!! -1000

While the new Siege Gear looks great it should be released on Epic and Chaos...  once tested on a normal test server!!!

And this Challenge server nonsense put too bed....

Wait, those art pictures... they look nothing like Wurm, especially the background on which they are displayed. What's going on here?

Niiice

Though Im a little unsure how one puts deals in place for unforeseen exploits  :P

Wont be able to build bridges underground.

Bridges can only be built when you can see your helper.. so this wont be possible 

I assume spyglasses would help?

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

please let us set cow corpses on fire and add fire to the challenge so we can burn each other down in flames, thanks.

Very interested in this challenge server stuff.

Looks like sieges might be pretty fun. :D

Wont be able to build bridges underground.

Bridges can only be built when you can see your helper.. so this wont be possible 

But do they have to be on dry land or can they be on a boat?

But do they have to be on dry land or can they be on a boat?

Offhand Id guess dryland, which does not rule out the usage of 1x1 dirt islands.

• Like 1

awesome news johan :)

but i see much for the pvp servers, hopefully in the new big update is some more for pve too ;)

The bridges looks great! 

Does this mean that 3D collision is in the game now as well so you can start working on 3D mines and jumping?

I hope seige equipment stay on challenge server for a few months so people can work out their exploits.

What I still don't see is a large catapult that has a "high range" formula when it comes to slopes which functions like a small catapult.

My one concern is trebuchets focus firing and walls now just insta popping. So I hope these are balanced well and possibly a 'can't build another one' within a 5x5 or something

Edited by MetalDragon

I guess magic turrets might fit into the lore of the land given that we can cast spells and stuff, but still . . . they seem out of place to me. Just saying. I think it's cool, and I think the pic you have there is pretty awesome. . . I just think they're kinda' out of place. 

A wall that you can walk through. . I actually don't like that. Seems very unrealistic to me. But I guess worse things have happened. lol. 

The rest of it sounds AWESOME and those statues. .. oh my gourd. . . yes. :)

Keep up the awesome work fellas (and lady(ies)?)

:)

A wall that you can walk through. . I actually don't like that. Seems very unrealistic to me. But I guess worse things have happened. lol. 

Similar to thorn bushes, so in respect to how wurm works, i can understand it. has to be easy to put up and easy to be bashed though. but it makes an interesting way to pvp that is for sure! im excited for them to be on chaos

the new look statuettes look good here in the forum.Shame we caunt c them in the game due too you making them half the size they were b4.The new look bsb,s and fbs borring.Whots next all boats will look the same wood type.Sorry but the work youve done this week has just taken from the game not added

Have we gotten a clear answer if all these new stuff, like balistas etc, will be challenge server exclusive? If so will it be implemented to Chaos and Epic later if they work out? I think everybody seems to think it will just be on challenge for now, but I have a suspicion it might be serverwide. If that is the case I suspect it will be some interesting and intense days in Wurm. =)

I mean imo maybe it's better if it's just on Challange to begin with, atleast until all the kinks, bugs and possible exploits are worked out.

Good work devs nonetheless! <3