Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

Reduce Trader Purchase Cost

Its obvious that the new coin distribution system is both growing in popularity and also being taken from the Trader's pool. Although I'm not terribly happy about this, I am accepting it as it has a large positive following and Rolf has been looking for a new system for a while. I do feel however that because of the reduction in Trader value that their purchase price should be rebalanced.

If Trader's are being phased out as a potential silver income then their only use will be to provide the money sink items you can't obtain anywhere else. These items are extremely useful and some of them are actively purchased and used in PvP areas. Because I have little to no experience in PvE environments I do not know how much activity a Trader sees beyond the monthly drains. A reduction in their cost to say... 25s? would balance with their reduced value as an avenue for silver generation. As it stands currently a Trader will not 'pay for itself' within a year of planting. It functions more as a convenient means of obtaining the various items available only through a Trader.

Comparatively a Merchant can 'pay for itself' within a month given correct placement and items.

• Like 1

Comparatively, merchants are part of the player economy while traders are just siphoning off money from a pool.

Sorry, no. Totally against this. If traders ever stop giving coins it would make sense, but currently they still do. This just re-positions the payback period for trader farmers back to how it was before (or even better).

• Like 1

When Traders stop purchasing items from players (the Trader draining mechanic), then would be a good time to reduce their price to even 5 silver so that those interested could place them upon their deeds for everyone's use to purchase items *from*. Until that time the price for them should stay at 50 silver to deter their excessive use for personal gain.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I understand where you are coming from, but it doesn't make sense as the "value" of a trader changes based on how much money is in the various pools, so it will never be "fair" as it isn't constant. It isn't constant across servers, or over time. And requiring Rolf to update prices as the player purchases change, is a non-ending task, so I think that is expecting too much. Besides, I am only guessing, but it seems decreasing the "value" of traders was totally intentional, so I doubt there will be a change - unless as others have stated, they stop purchasing items from players.

I would solve this by introducing more value in the current trades. Make them sell new stuff.

I got no example of what moneysink, or pay2win or cosmetic, or user friendly stuff it could be.

All i can say that it has to be alot of new stuff to make the trader worth the 50 silver cost.

Dont forget that 50s = 50 euro. And for that amount you could buy alot of stuff for IRL.

I would solve this by introducing more value in the current trades. Make them sell new stuff.

I got no example of what moneysink, or pay2win or cosmetic, or user friendly stuff it could be.

All i can say that it has to be alot of new stuff to make the trader worth the 50 silver cost.

Dont forget that 50s = 50 euro. And for that amount you could buy alot of stuff for IRL.

owBn0Rn.jpg

Isn't that 80€?

Also, a cookie for whoever finds the hidden message.

aha, true alec.

is just that im so used to see players in the WTB and WTS section on this forum, and they seem to trade in ratio 1:1.

But i guess to be able to sell silver, they must be cheaper then wurms own webshop.

But lets say 80 euro.

If i bought the cheapest beans and pork meat and some healthy massproduced vegetables, i bet u i could live 1 whole month on 80 euro =)

• Like 1

-1, remove traders entirely, have moneysink items purchased from any deed token via mail order.