Sign in to follow this  
Kamal

2 Hour free Slaying/unique deed idea

I propose a free deed stake that you can plant that has a timer on it. After 1-2 hours, the deed automatically vanishes - or similar time-frame.

Paying for a deed just to kill unique seems awfully wasteful; although that is what I and many other have done in the past.

This would also resolve the recent stealing of Kyklops corpse.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

This would be used for grief in more ways than I could even begin to type out.

• Like 5

Just trying to figure decent idea.

Help is always appreciated :)

• Like 1

You don't even need to plant a deed, just kill it ON a deed. lure it to the nearby one, if you don't trust the owner, lure it to your personal deed. You can lure the things across the map if it has you targeted, or you can bait it with arrows.

I'm sure you could come up with something more realistic, maybe like a huuuuge tent or gazebo made from chain barding which could be erected in minutes, surrounded by sharpened shafts and lava fields.

B)

Edited by bwg

Or we could just do more than plain black and white rules so the gms can actually do when events get griefed

• Like 6

Got it. Neither care to think of options to resolve an issue.

Could be, if no unique enters free-deed in 2 min, it dissolves. Before shooting down a notion, maybe contribute?

Some people dont get that I am trying to find solution and all they do is mock. 

Saddening.

Lets not get this thread shut down.

If you have no real input or just want to mock; stay off it while people try to think of good resolution.

Lets not get this thread shut down.

If you have no real input or just want to mock; stay off it while people try to think of good resolution.

My suggestion was more than serious. We dont need fancy ingame items and mechanics to cover a problem that comes only from people griefing when we have a whole team of staff to deal with that.

• Like 2

I agree - just saying; lets keep it from getting shut down in the process.

okay, I was at the slaying today and as surprised as the rest with the corpse theft.

a reasonable proposal would be that an area is found within the local area of the unique and a deed formed.

then after the slaying the deed can be disbanded. at 1 silver a month that's actually 15irons per hour!

so imagine the deed is active for 6 hours ...that's not even 1c. so lets say it's active for 18 hours so everyone can get organised. (3c)

founding cost 4.12s (1.21s tiles + 3s upkeep)

upkeep wastage -3c

disbanding gives 2.97s

total cost to a slaying committee 1.15s

all it takes is an alt, a log/shaft and a carving knife!

I'm sure that the 20+ people present would contribute 6 coppers each to cover the expenses and ensure a fair roll after the fight! ...I know I would! (I mean, what's a single blood worth? anything from 50c to 3s. so you're not gonna be out of pocket!)

Edited by JDBooker
  • Like 2

Moderate hosted events. With rules.

Edited by HolyGoat
  • Like 1

I wanna butcher the dragon. Using a deed for the purpose of a slaying is pretty damned abusable and if you want enforceable rules carry out your slayings on a pvp server

Using a deed for the purpose of a slaying is pretty damned abusable

How is it abusable?

I propose a free deed stake that you can plant that has a timer on it. After 1-2 hours, the deed automatically vanishes - or similar time-frame.

Paying for a deed just to kill unique seems awfully wasteful; although that is what I and many other have done in the past.

This would also resolve the recent stealing of Kyklops corpse.

Thoughts?

An alternative: there's a 'team' option in wurm. When a member of a team kills an unique, lock the corpse to the team leader, so that only he/she can pick items. This mechanics applies only for uniques. For a similar time with 'player' corpses.

• Like 1