Sign in to follow this  
Zalphor

Improved Fishing System

I had an idea while fishing and though its not complete or too in depth i thought it would be nice to make the suggestion.

It would be nice if fishing was a little more complex. for example while fishing it would be neat to catch and release, though that serves no survival purpose besides getting a higher fishing skill i thought that another system could be implemented in order for it to be worth while. 

The other system was that there would be schools of fish and each school would contain X number of fish. over time each different fish would grow and become higher Ql or higher weight. and in combination with the catch and release system if you were to release a low Ql fish it could have the chance to recover and increase in ql and or weight. Also fish breeding or letting nature take its course could allow for a higher number of fish in the pool.

And there is a third part to this fishing idea that wasn't mine but was really just something a village member thought would be nice. That would be that you could make a fish farm and be able to raise fish to eat or fish up. which i thought could become possible if you implemented the first 2 parts of the overall idea.

suggestions or thoughts?

I would love to see such a system implemented even if its in the distant future.

The biggest problem i've had with fishing is the lack of storage for the mountains of fish you catch.

Being able to cook a full fish and store it in an FSB would be a major improvement and i think, make the skill more commonly used.

• Like 3

yeah and could you imagine not needing to store fish if you had a fish farm out your front door? although i think they would have to program it so that fish don't magically traverse ground through the water table.

Some means of a fish farm would be great.

Though the main issue with fishing atm is the lack of storage besides stowing with salt in barrels.

I agree that fish cooking and storage would be a huge bonus.

The process itself is not very interactive, and there's little strategy involved unless you have ready access to a boat and an ocean. Maybe some kind of baiting could implemented -- applying a fish to a pole reduces the fish's weight by .1 kg, makes the pole "baited," and increases your odds of catching big fish. Introducing unique fish with special nutrition gains or buffs might be another easy addition for CC to make.

The other system was that there would be schools of fish and each school would contain X number of fish. over time each different fish would grow and become higher Ql or higher weight. and in combination with the catch and release system if you were to release a low Ql fish it could have the chance to recover and increase in ql and or weight. Also fish breeding or letting nature take its course could allow for a higher number of fish in the pool.

And there is a third part to this fishing idea that wasn't mine but was really just something a village member thought would be nice. That would be that you could make a fish farm and be able to raise fish to eat or fish up. which i thought could become possible if you implemented the first 2 parts of the overall idea.

suggestions or thoughts?

I would love to see such a system implemented even if its in the distant future.

The trouble with these is the additional data required within the database to keep track of all of these things.

I like the catch and release though, Fish could come out with a timer a bit like the temperature icons when smithing, and you'd have a short (as in minutes) length of time to rclick the fish and select release. It would effectively just be deleted from the database, but it would be a way to avoid ending up with piles of fish that you're not going to use for those that are fishing for different types/higher QL/heavier fish.

• Like 1

Also theres no ice. We needs coolers to keep our wines (beers) cool while watching the water flow by.