Sign in to follow this  
Ocean

Do new characters tend to make more rares?

I've heard this said a lot, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed.

Do new characters get moments of inspiration more often than older characters?

If so then it would be worth making new, free characters dedicated to churning out some rares.

Might be the case for materials (rock shards, clay, dirt,...) atleast my 5-month old alt got (in comparison with my 4year old main) more of them while mining/digging.

Havent noticed much change in the tool/weapon/armour departement. Then again, I'm always imping well over my skill with my main, so even if I get "inspiration", I usually fail to imp anyways.

• Like 1

I think its more to do with the tasks new players do, either bulk work, or setting up, a lot of digging, mining, brickmaking, they tend to do tasks that always guarantee a rare.

While working on my new mine on my mag priest, I was averaging 4-5 rare shards a day, simply because the change of a rare on a roll is 100%

• Like 2

I've heard this said a lot, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed.

Do new characters get moments of inspiration more often than older characters?

If so then it would be worth making new, free characters dedicated to churning out some rares.

the first week i played, i got the rare glow window thing like 100+ times a day. i'd say so.

• Like 1

Without spending 10 years with 10 characters doing the same 10 tasks at 10 different skill levels would you ever get enough data to be able to even consider making a judgement on the precise chance rates and who's best to get a rare- unless of course all of these percentages I keep hearing were actually confirmed by the developers.

It's like asking: "are white females under 25 living in a red house in the south of France more likely to win the lottery than any other person?".  That's the whole point of randomness - there is no pattern.

Any so called 'theories' would be too difficult and time consuming to test.  So unless it's proven that the developers have specifically written code to provide characters within certain demographics a bonus to getting a rare, So I say that any and all current theories are balderdash.

• Like 1

No! Typical Wurm myth generation based upon the lesser knowledge of new players then hyped up by a few older ones who tend towards either wishful thinking or unbalanced effects in others favor. Good for a brief shake of the head and little more.

=Ayes=

• Like 1