Sign in to follow this  
Balmore

Veggies for all of us

First off: I am not asking for the same bonus Libila has.

However, Libila is also able to sacrifize favor items of the other gods, but only gets half the favor those gods do.

E.g. Vynora has double favor on yoyo's, while Libila gets half of what Vynora gets.

Magranon has double favor on door locks, while Libila gets half of Magranon's favor on them.

Same for Fo / Lib on square pieces.

Now, how comes... that when I sacrifize a 98.9 QL onion... I don't get ~20 favor like Libila does, but only 0.01 favor?

Even if Libila would still remain very special in this case, I think farming would even be a viable way for farming, IF the other 3 gods only got 25% favor.

However, I do deem this to be very unfair.

• Like 1

You can start off by getting your info right to begin with because no veggie I know of gives "~20 favor".

+1

Slight edit to the OP though, a 90ql veggies gives ~10favor. So a 90ql veggie giving 5 favor sounds about right.

wow i get 50 favor for sacrificing 99.99ql corn :))))

yeah sadly i ll have to give a - 1 to this one, imo its pretty balanced atm, and if this was enabled it would be too easy to spam favor..just leave it as it is

First off: I am not asking for the same bonus Libila has.

However, Libila is also able to sacrifize favor items of the other gods, but only gets half the favor those gods do.

E.g. Vynora has double favor on yoyo's, while Libila gets half of what Vynora gets.

Magranon has double favor on door locks, while Libila gets half of Magranon's favor on them.

Same for Fo / Lib on square pieces.

Now, how comes... that when I sacrifize a 98.9 QL onion... I don't get ~20 favor like Libila does, but only 0.01 favor?

Even if Libila would still remain very special in this case, I think farming would even be a viable way for farming, IF the other 3 gods only got 25% favor.

However, I do deem this to be very unfair.

maybe, because Fo priests can make square pieces of cloth, Mag priests can make door locks, and Vynora priests can make yoyos

Libila priests may be getting good amounts of favor from veggies, but they cannot farm.

Now the argument "But they can buy veggies at 1k/1s of high QL" makes no sense because that is related to player driven market, the game is not bound to be changed because one player thinks that it is easier to get farm products.

Some may even say that its easier to train an alt with farming skill and then give saccable veggies to the libila priest.

Its not very difficult to get good skill in the double favor items that the vynora,fo,mag priests get.

You might be thinking "Its way easier to get 100 QL vegetables than to get 100 QL locks" But that is no excuse to not grind your skills? I am a libila follower on chaos and I still use door locks to sacrifice, and I got around 4 favor for a 50+ QL door lock, I do not think that would be bad for a magranon priest? he would get 8 favor for the same item. And it was very easy for me to make that lock at what? 25 locksmithing. It is easy if you grind your 2x favor skill, do not focus on farming, its your choice. (But people won't do that, they want veggies for hfc, and they can also get coordage from ropemaking if they choose that path, but they want it easier, because no body wants to grind a skill which doesnt contribute to their priesting, but guess what, libila followers do not get SD bonus from farming like other priests, they have to make a new account and grind farming on it which is a less efficient way.)

To sum it up: Its balanced, why?

1) Mag/fo/Vyn Can make their double favor items by themselves, not needing anyone's help with it. Whereas Libila priests cannot make their vegetables except foraging which is not a viable solution.

2) Many players owning Vynora/FO/Mag priests dont use their double favor items and comment on the basis of coordage sacrifice which they get from Ropemaking and farming.

3) If you want to get favor, grind locksmithing on mag priest, toy making on vynora priest, cloth tailoring on fo priest and see how easily you will get the favor you need. WL priests need farming for SD, and that is a reason why they choose to grind farming and use the wemp of high QL to do ropemaking. Their choice is in no way a reason why the bonus sac item for Libila priests should be changed. Refer to point 2 once and see how easy it is to get favor. Its understandable that people grind Ropemaking as it is supported by farming (wemp), but that doesnt mean they start demanding same sacrifice as libila priests get so that their priesting is made easier. Its balanced, people's choices are their own, no reason to change game because of that.

I know people(WL priests) who use 2x favor items, they have done grinding of those skills on top of FARMING. They havent grinded ropemaking, their Farming has only been useful for HFC and SD, but they do not complain because they get good amounts of favor from saccing thsoe 2x favor items. This suggestion "Veggies for us All" is yet another example of how people want their Farming skill to have utility everywhere, in ropemaking, in SD, and now in favor as well. Am pretty sure that even if the 2x items for WL priest are made 4x, people will still want to do ropemaking, because, who wants to focus less on farming which gives SD and focus more on carp(Toymaking), Locksmithing, Cloth tailoring, because they dont contribute to SD like farming does?

A very big -1 to the OP

Edited by Hashirama

You can start off by getting your info right to begin with because no veggie I know of gives "~20 favor".

Well, I don't own a Libila priest - so i couldn't test it. And the wiki doesn't state exact info here either.

Based on the hearsay that 90 Ql gives 10 favor, a 99 Ql onion prolly gives double of that, while I still gain as stated above... 0.01 favor

If you disable farming for all the other religions, sure.

It is not like Vynora, Fo or Mag can use their double sac items either without grinding it as non priests first. E.g. the Carpentry for high QL shafts / yoyos.

Libila can sitll butcher things and sac the butchering items.

maybe, because Fo priests can make square pieces of cloth, Mag priests can make door locks, and Vynora priests can make yoyos

Libila priests may be getting good amounts of favor from veggies, but they cannot farm.

Now the argument "But they can buy veggies at 1k/1s of high QL" makes no sense because that is related to player driven market, the game is not bound to be changed because one player thinks that it is easier to get farm products.

Some may even say that its easier to train an alt with farming skill and then give saccable veggies to the libila priest.

Its not very difficult to get good skill in the double favor items that the vynora,fo,mag priests get.

You might be thinking "Its way easier to get 100 QL vegetables than to get 100 QL locks" But that is no excuse to not grind your skills? I am a libila follower on chaos and I still use door locks to sacrifice, and I got around 4 favor for a 50+ QL door lock, I do not think that would be bad for a magranon priest? he would get 8 favor for the same item. And it was very easy for me to make that lock at what? 25 locksmithing. It is easy if you grind your 2x favor skill, do not focus on farming, its your choice. (But people won't do that, they want veggies for hfc, and they can also get coordage from ropemaking if they choose that path, but they want it easier, because no body wants to grind a skill which doesnt contribute to their priesting, but guess what, libila followers do not get SD bonus from farming like other priests, they have to make a new account and grind farming on it which is a less efficient way.)

1) Mag/fo/Vyn Can make their double favor items by themselves, not needing anyone's help with it. Whereas Libila priests cannot make their vegetables except foraging which is not a viable solution.

2) Many players owning Vynora/FO/Mag priests dont use their double favor items and comment on the basis of coordage sacrifice which they get from Ropemaking and farming.

3) If you want to get favor, grind locksmithing on mag priest, toy making on vynora priest, cloth tailoring on fo priest and see how easily you will get the favor you need. WL priests need farming for SD, and that is a reason why they choose to grind farming and use the wemp of high QL to do ropemaking. Their choice is in no way a reason why the bonus sac item for Libila priests should be changed. Refer to point 2 once and see how easy it is to get favor. Its understandable that people grind Ropemaking as it is supported by farming (wemp), but that doesnt mean they start demanding same sacrifice as libila priests get so that their priesting is made easier. Its balanced, people's choices are their own, no reason to change game because of that.

I know people(WL priests) who use 2x favor items, they have done grinding of those skills on top of FARMING. They havent grinded ropemaking, their Farming has only been useful for HFC and SD, but they do not complain because they get good amounts of favor from saccing thsoe 2x favor items. This suggestion "Veggies for us All" is yet another example of how people want their Farming skill to have utility everywhere, in ropemaking, in SD, and now in favor as well. Am pretty sure that even if the 2x items for WL priest are made 4x, people will still want to do ropemaking, because, who wants to focus less on farming which gives SD and focus more on carp(Toymaking), Locksmithing, Cloth tailoring, because they dont contribute to SD like farming does?

A very big -1 to the OP

You may have some valid points, but you also prove my point. You use door locks to sacrifize.

The same option is not even available for Vynora, Mag or Fo, since the amount of favor gained is ridiculous.

I see that there is a balance... at least somewhat. Hence, I stated "even 25% of the favor gain" would be nice.

Well, I don't own a Libila priest - so i couldn't test it. And the wiki doesn't state exact info here either.

Based on the hearsay that 90 Ql gives 10 favor, a 99 Ql onion prolly gives double of that, while I still gain as stated above... 0.01 favor

It is not like Vynora, Fo or Mag can use their double sac items either without grinding it as non priests first. E.g. the Carpentry for high QL shafts / yoyos.

Libila can sitll butcher things and sac the butchering items.

You may have some valid points, but you also prove my point. You use door locks to sacrifize.

The same option is not even available for Vynora, Mag or Fo, since the amount of favor gained is ridiculous.

I see that there is a balance... at least somewhat. Hence, I stated "even 25% of the favor gain" would be nice.

Yes i agree Mag/Vyn/Fo cannot sac veggies for lots of favor, but Libila priests arent farmers, they can not get coordage which the other 3 priests can get, i would say it is balanced in this case as well. 

Now the argument "But they can buy veggies at 1k/1s of high QL" makes no sense because that is related to player driven market, the game is not bound to be changed because one player thinks that it is easier to get farm products. (I can agree with that in thoery, but reality is different and i wont even go on with the statement that your villagers can farm)

Its not very difficult to get good skill in the double favor items that the vynora,fo,mag priests get.(All others need alteast 2 skills exept Lib, who needs a skill they cannot use)

You might be thinking "Its way easier to get 100 QL vegetables than to get 100 QL locks" But that is no excuse to not grind your skills? I am a libila follower(CHAMP) on chaos and I still use door locks to sacrifice, and I got around 4 favor for a 50+ QL door lock, I do not think that would be bad for a magranon priest? he would get 8 favor for the same item. And it was very easy for me to make that lock at what? 25 locksmithing. It is easy if you grind your 2x favor skill, do not focus on farming, its your choice. (But people won't do that, they want veggies for hfc, and they can also get coordage from ropemaking if they choose that path, but they want it easier, because no body wants to grind a skill which doesnt contribute to their priesting, but guess what, libila followers do not get SD bonus from farming like other priests, they have to make a new account and grind farming on it which is a less efficient way.) - FOR THIS I WOULD ADD THAT WITH 90 FARMING YOU WILL GET 100% QL 90 VEGGIES, very different for FO, VYN or MAG.

3) If you want to get favor, grind locksmithing on mag priest(GRIND MINING AND LOCKSMITHING), toy making on vynora priest(GRIND WOODCUTTING, CARPENTRY, CT AND TOYMAKING), cloth tailoring(AND FARMING) on fo priest and see how easily you will get the favor you need. (NOT THAT EASY). IF YOU READ CAREFULLY HE IS NOT ASKING TO GET THE SAME FAITH THAN BL, HE IS ASKING TO GET THE SAME FAITH AS BL GETS FROM DOORLOCKS, SQC AND YOYOS. WL priests need farming for SD, and that is a reason why they choose to grind farming and use the wemp of high QL to do ropemaking. Their choice is in no way a reason why the bonus sac item for Libila priests should be changed. Refer to point 2 once and see how easy it is to get favor. Its understandable that people grind Ropemaking as it is supported by farming (wemp), but that doesnt mean they start demanding same sacrifice as libila priests get so that their priesting is made easier. Its balanced, people's choices are their own, no reason to change game because of that.

I know people(WL priests) who use 2x favor items, they have done grinding of those skills on top of FARMING. They havent grinded ropemaking, their Farming has only been useful for HFC and SD, but they do not complain because they get good amounts of favor from saccing thsoe 2x favor items. This suggestion "Veggies for us All" is yet another example of how people want their Farming skill to have utility everywhere, in ropemaking, in SD, and now in favor as well. Am pretty sure that even if the 2x items for WL priest are made 4x, people will still want to do ropemaking, because, who wants to focus less on farming which gives SD and focus more on carp(Toymaking), Locksmithing, Cloth tailoring, because they dont contribute to SD like farming does? - We all know that biggest SD comes from HFC, farming is nice, but not that much. Now if you would think more, then you would see that alot and i mean alot of FO-s are grinding CT not ropemaking, Mags grind locksmithing not ropemaking. No idea where you take this, but i am 90% sure that only Vyn priests do ropemaking as yoyo is pretty stupid to make. If you get the info from the favor sold on forums you should think before posting as that situation comes from the fact that Vyn is the most profitable priest meaning everyone has 1 pretty much. Meaning there is more demand for that kind of favor on the forums. Pretty much every Fo and Mag priest i know uses their double favor items and i do know alot of them.

A very big -1 to the OP

A very big -1 to Hashirama and still +1 to OP.

Edited by Argustin

Which is still not correct seeing as a 90ql veggies is not 10 favor.

Well, I don't own a Libila priest - so i couldn't test it.

So why the hell are you making a suggestion? based on hearsay? get out.

Which is still not correct seeing as a 90ql veggies is not 10 favor.

Well, thanks for the pointless input.

Whether its 10 favor or 9.5 favor does not really matter here. The point is that every other religion gets 0.000000001% of that. Yes, that last number is made up.

If you want to be precise here on numbers, please enlighten us and do the maths.

Yes i agree Mag/Vyn/Fo cannot sac veggies for lots of favor, but Libila priests arent farmers, they can not get coordage which the other 3 priests can get, i would say it is balanced in this case as well. 

Well, Libilas sacrifizeable items used to be corpses - which could only be sacced at the bone altar. Hence it changed to butchering / Healing Cover items.

Libila can butcher.

Vynora / Magranon / Fo can butcher.

Now, why does only Libila get favor for these?

To end the debate about farming. ;)

What puzzles me is why woa is still viable on freedom - shouldn't we be flooded by cheap botd casts? (not to mention WA & RT)

Seeing as lib favor seems to be (at 10 fav per veg) about 20 times cheaper than cordage, one enterprising individual should be able to supply cheap enchanted tools to like half of freedom, reducing vyn priests to casting only skiller tools. That this didn't happen makes me think that there's some other issue that would make this hard, but perhaps this only didn't happen yet, and when it will, then we'll get 10 threads like this one every week :)

Edited by asdf
  • Like 1

Ah I get it "they suggest something I don't agree with so i'm going to suggest something equally as unthought out"

Still gonna say -1  (and I haven't even read the linked suggestion, just seen the OP is BL)

Just proves your bias to this suggestion.

I did not disagree with the BLer in the linked suggestion at all, just his information was completely wrong and based "hearsay" - just as much as my numbers on favor are based on hearsay. ;)

If BL would lose their overpowered item, it would be the end of BL priests and all they overpowered advantages. +1.

I dunno if it's my 18" geordie Le forge visor but I cant see the op nature of veggies for favour.

-1 You got mycelium, 99 nutrition all day to grind at your heart content .....if that is not OP, I don't know what it is.

Religion need a revamp. All the faiths need changes. Yes. I could be crying all day long about my Mag Priest too.

What if BL priests got some favor for sacrificing raw meat? This isn't bad because it requires hunting and cannot be mass stored, but is not difficult to find. Large bonus for human meat because they are the only ones who can get it.

Remove the huge favor for veggies, it just doesn't make sense.

Edited by RadioVoice

What if BL priests got some favor for sacrificing raw meat? This isn't bad because it requires hunting and cannot be mass stored, but is not difficult to find. Large bonus for human meat because they are the only ones who can get it.

Remove the huge favor for veggies, it just doesn't make sense.

Giving us a favor item that we can not store for long does not make sense.