Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

Public Kyklops Slaying Attempt

An awfull GM decision, seems it's one rule for some and a different rule for others :(

Due to Enki's decision to side with Lunn I would like to congratulate him on playing us all. He has managed to manipulate both the wurm GM's, the community, and the good feelings of the players for his gain. May it serve him well in his future endeavors.

Unfortunately Ping, good intentions won't get you very far in protecting anything within Wurm. Always I find it best to plan ahead, such as others have suggested by creating a deed for this purpose. Not that I have any interest in participating in these unique slayings but knowing you I realize that you wanted an enjoyable and fair experience for everyone involved.

As noted, some fewer get their kicks from the opposite effects. Typical of any online game where little accountability can be held for selfish and opportunist actions such as this. Trusting the player base as a whole is unwise. This just being another example and cautionary tale of the results.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

Lunn is a boss, controlling GM's. Becareful MR rumor has it hes going to chaos next, with his manipulative powers over GMs. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 2

And thats how you loose all your faith in the admins of this game.

Good work!

• Like 2

Also, diverting the attention and blame to the "GM's" for this situation is foolish, only enabling the perpetrator to further hide behind their arrogance. Use some common sense, eh.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Also, diverting the attention and blame to the "GM's" for this situation is foolish, only enabling the perpetrator to further hide behind their arrogance. Use some common sense, eh.

=Ayes=

Perhaps you should use some of your own common sense, if it wasn't that person it would have been another.

• Like 1

Don't know why people are beating on the GM over the situation. I rarely go to these events anymore unless asked to by friends in case there's some sort of drama.

At the end of the day, there's game mechanics everyone knows about which can protect you from this sort of shittery. It's up to you and the 30 other people that attended the hunt to use the mechanics which are given to you to protect the hunt from going wrong.

The route problem is yourself. You chose not to protect it and some stole it. Live and Learn, if you're given the tools to dig a hole, why are you still using your hands?

Don't know why people are beating on the GM over the situation. 

Because rules or no rules the decision they made is just morally wrong. Anybody who has an ounce of conscience would agree with this. Plus as it was previously stated their opinion before was different on stealing a corpse in a public slaying ... 

Edited by Nikab
  • Like 2

Lets make this VERY clear,

#1 Public fight on indy. Red dragon. Enki shows up and threatens to ban anyone who ninjas the corpse. (no deed).

#2. MR Elite Squad Vs Aum.  In this case Aum is deemed to grief by healing and the Enki kills it to prevent more "griefing". MR awarded the loot.

#3. Public fight on celeb. Kyklops. Malevolence ninja's the corpse and Enki declines to get involved. You tell me this is right?

Edited by Pingpong
  • Like 3

Did you consider that it might have been the wrong decision to assist the previous slayings?

By helping in these situations in which the players can avoid themselves, means we depends more on the GM's who likely have more work than required than dealing with in-game drama.

The sooner people learn the GM's won't help in situations you personally could have chosen to avoid, the sooner they will help themselves by protecting it these events rather than relying on a GM to save the day.

Which one do you think helps everyone in the long term? A. Getting the GM's to save everything or B. Having the players stop it from the beginning?

Edit: People keep saying the rules keep changing but I personally haven't seen any rules about public events, unless I've missed something.

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 1

Don't know why people are beating on the GM over the situation. I rarely go to these events anymore unless asked to by friends in case there's some sort of drama.

At the end of the day, there's game mechanics everyone knows about which can protect you from this sort of shittery. It's up to you and the 30 other people that attended the hunt to use the mechanics which are given to you to protect the hunt from going wrong.

The route problem is yourself. You chose not to protect it and some ###### stole it. Live and Learn, if you're given the tools to dig a hole, why are you still using your hands?

Maybe because there is not clear rules.

One day the rule is don´t do this, the next day there is no rule against this, etc. etc.

Or maybe the people involved in the Deli Red killing is more valued and deserve GM protection and somewhat we don´t deserve it in this case.

ALL WURMIANS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME WURMIANS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.
Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 1

Did you consider that it might have been the wrong decision to assist the previous slayings?

yeah, we should totally allow griefing of events on a PVE server and the GMs are wrong for getting involved and trying to make the game more enjoyable. Tools or no tools given, someone is griefing, and it's being allowed. There's the problem.

You can wear a bulletproof vest, does that mean the cops should not punish someone for shooting you in the chest if you weren't wearing it?

"Tools or no tools given, someone is griefing, and it's being allowed. "

Agreed. If i fail to lock my doors, it is still theft. If I have to pay every time to lock my doors (drop a deed); that is bs.

If the cops involved rule that unlocked doors on my car allow stealing; the thieves will run rampant. If Enki banned/did anything in this situation, others would think twice.

Now...It is truely a free-for-all. That is the message GMs have sent.

9 ) You should never challenge moderation in public. All issues relating to moderation should go to the moderator in question. If a satisfactory solution cannot be achieved then post your concerns to the Head Game Master.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/1996-forum-rules/

A decision was made by a GM, please follow the rules that you are all fully aware of should you wish to make a complaint about the decision.  No further discussion of the actions taken by the GM in this instance will be tolerated.

Edited by bwg

I don't get what people expect to happen, in a world where the GM's are paid to do their jobs then okay sure they should have to monitor everything all day. Last I checked they don't get paid to monitor all these dramatical issues, again I'm sure they have better things to do than monitor all the unique hunts (~8 a month?) and have a debate when it comes to thefts that happen.

As I've said, if players have the tools to prevent it from happening, they should make active use of them to stop it in the first place.

The greifing rule is open to interpretation of the player, but running through the rules again on 'Greifing' it doesn't state anything about stealing a corpse that no body owns.

• Like 1

By helping in these situations in which the players can avoid themselves, means we depends more on the GM's who likely have more work than required than dealing with in-game drama.

The sooner people learn the GM's won't help in situations you personally could have chosen to avoid, the sooner they will help themselves by protecting it these events rather than relying on a GM to save the day.

Which one do you think helps everyone in the long term? A. Getting the GM's to save everything or B. Having the players stop it from the beginning?

Edit: People keep saying the rules keep changing but I personally haven't seen any rules about public events, unless I've missed something.

Some people do not depend on the GMs to do their work, they try to do the right thing on their own, this is what happens mostly

[02:43:52] Hashirama slain by Emoo Garrettwademan Genocide Jukimo Redhawk Zivirt Mika Red Pingvinen 

I was camping at the landing with my boat, waiting for him to cross server as from his movements, it was pretty clear he was trying to go to chaos.

But no reason for you people of JK to say anything to your fellow member, because hes bringing you 3 sorcery items for FREE FREE FREE

Do remember that people in JK are also wurmians, and all wurmians trade and be good towards each others, always, but people are selfish nowadays, changing times, changing wurm.

Personally I don't think someone trying to do something nice should have to drop a deed to do it If they do then they are automatically entitled to a charge off the tome or whatever drops.

Oh look, had to be some moron to bring in Kingdom v Kingdom drama into this. What I expressed were my own personal views on the matter. I care 0% whether said player got banned or not. I'm not bothered about the unique drama in the first place, it just annoys me players bash GM actions for what can be argued their own mistake.

• Like 1

I mean, I can understand why the GM's can't do anything. It's part of the game-mechanics, and I thought it was well-known to drop a deed to prevent something like this. I'm sorry to hear it happened though, and maybe this can be used as a lesson on what to do next time. I've been very upset when similar things have happened on Deli, so I know where you all are coming from.

Edited by Rozwell

kinda scummy, bt ya know

i dont agree with it, happens.

• Like 1

I dont like to be involved in any drama, im sad and disappointed, not just because of the stealing, but because of this: "9 ) You should never challenge moderation in public."

Sure, we agreed the rules, but sometimes the rules has to be revised, because we cant really do anything to prevent one guy to ruin a whole community event.

Edit: we sailed many hours, along with some new players who never witnessed a slaying or been in any community event, way to introduce wurm to them.

Edited by Zkovacs
  • Like 1

I dont like to be involved in any drama, im sad and disappointed, not just because of the stealing, but because of this: "9 ) You should never challenge moderation in public."

Sure, we agreed the rules, but sometimes the rules has to be revised, because we cant really do anything to prevent one guy to ruin a whole community event.

Challenging moderation in public is similar to having someone's medical history or criminal record printed in the newspaper. It is bad publicity for both the moderator and the persons involved, and is of no benefit to anyone.

Please contact the HGM if you wish to take this further.

• Like 1