Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Meditation enlighten not working?

One char is Splendid on path of love, another is Goodhearted.  Yet the Splendid cannot advance the Goodhearted.  /inivitations was activated.  Can someone please explain why this may be happening?  Thanks.

Edit: As far as I can see he has enough meditation skill for the next level (his skill is 25.8 and only 20 skill is needed for the next level).

Edited by Fairyshine

Short and sweet, people where Leap Frogging accounts to level 11+ with enlighten, so Rolf was like "NOPE" and it doesn't work anymore. 

Rumor has it rolf "changed" it, but after the "Fix" it became apparent it did not work at all.

tl:dr It doesn't work anymore :(

It does work. Chances of you getting the question though are very low.

Source: I have been enlightened myself.

Enlighten only works if the person meets the requirements to advance to the next level.

It only replaces the need for the "special place".

[2014-11-16] [03:29:28] You attempt to light the path for playername.

[2014-11-16] [03:29:28] Playername does not grasp the question. She needs to meditate more.

[21:15:20] <#####> [22:15:12] You attempt to light the path for Aarontx.

[21:15:23] <#####> [22:15:12] Aarontx does not grasp the question. He needs to meditate more.

[21:15:13] ##### asks you a very confusing question. You do not understand it and need to contemplate more.

I currently have 28.299 points above the meditation skill required for the level I am attempting to reach, so how's this supposed to work?  It would be nice if there was an actual developer response regarding this, and not just player rumors/trolling that it might have worked for somebody.

If it's not supposed to work at all, remove it from the game.  

If it is broken fix it

If it is supposed to be as rare as being struck by lightning, let us know.

How hard is this?

It is extremely frustrating to have something in the game that most everyone I know considers to be completely broken, and have no response from the developers.

• Like 3

It does work and always has the difficulty is just great and grows with the desired level:

Rolf: it's not a skill requirement per se but there's a difficulty check

Rolf: like level you try to achieve *10 or so

Rolf: increasing meditation skill will increase chances yes

I have used it myself and can confirm it is not broken just stupid hard really hard (with good reason)

So, we're not the only one's with access to the wiki page on meditation, and you had it right first at "stupid".   I just want to know how long ago was it that you were successfully enlightened, and about how many tries did it take?  Does being on Epic have anything to do with it?  I've never been there, and just hear it's supposed to be Wurm on easy mode.

Some things are actually harder on epic than freedom believe it or not due to being messed over by the curve especially on creation only skills, if its too easy to make something good ql then you don't get the chance to get the lower ql items that actually give the skill ticks. It was maybe a year or so that I was using enlighten myself but I have advanced some others and watched others do it as recently as last week.

The lower levels are easier when your skill is already high say if you were just changing paths, personally I wouldn't bother trying to advance anyone beyond level 7 or 8 unless they had super high med.

One character trying to go level 5 to 6 with just over 30 skill I gave up trying after 2 hours. One character going from 6 to 7 with 60 med took 13 mins. Another character trying to go from 3 to 4 with 20 skill I spent an hour before I had to sleep and give up for them. From memory another player with maybe 75 skill spent 3 days trying level 8 to 9 I think it was, with no luck.

Basically the higher your skill the better chance you will have

The time also has to pass afaik? (beides haveing the skill)

7 days have to pass not the full time. Which is why folks attempt to use it, even when it's ridiculously time consuming to do. It's the balance on being able to shortcut the waiting period.

• Like 1

This is starting to make a little more sense.  I only wish I, and others, had understood more of this as I was waiting out the timers at the lower levels when I switched paths.  Everywhere I looked, and everyone I asked, said this was broken.  I know others who have attempted this for hours with no success, and they told me it was not worth trying.  At that point it was understandably difficult, pretty much impossible, to get another player to commit so much time to try do something that no one believed to be working.

It's a bit difficult to keep up with changes to things when playing between extremes.  I am not completely new to Wurm, but I work with so many people in game that have either been here when enlightenment could advance you well beyond your skill level to now where you have to be extremely lucky for it to actually work.

Can confirm that it works. Used enlightenment today with an 82ql exquisite rug. It did however take around two hours of trying, but it beats waiting 16 more days to get the question on a path tile.

Can confirm that it works. Used enlightenment today with an 82ql exquisite rug. It did however take around two hours of trying, but it beats waiting 16 more days to get the question on a path tile.

What level did you reach, and what was your meditation skill?

I would still be very interested in knowing the above from Alexgopen.

The lower levels are easier when your skill is already high say if you were just changing paths, personally I wouldn't bother trying to advance anyone beyond level 7 or 8 unless they had super high med.

This is the part where I have the most issue with enlightenment.

Levels - Delay to reach (Enlightenment useful?):

• 1 - 12 hrs (nope)
  • 2 - 24 hrs (nope)
  • 3 - 3 days (nope)
  • 4 - 6 days (nope)
  • 5 - 12 days (Saves 5 days if lucky)
  • 6 - 24 days (Could save you 17 days if lucky)
  • 7 - 24 days (Could save you 17 days if lucky)
  • 8 - 24 days (According to you not worth trying around this level, and above)

Keep in mind this all depends on talking someone else into possibly wasting hours of their game time, and you're telling me that this ability is only really useful for maybe two or three levels?  I am still having a hard time seeing where this isn't considered broken, or at least a bit too complicated.  Yes, I agree that it was completely broken before when you could advance people beyond their meditation skill, but changing it to where it's almost useless without wasting a great deal of other peoples game time seems excessive.  It is almost like it's some kind of punishment that we're all having to take now for those that got away with using it before to exceed their meditation skill.

• Like 1

you need to bump one of the suggestions to change it then, its not a bug

What level did you reach, and what was your meditation skill?

77 med skill, 82ql exquisite rug no enchants

Being enlightened from:

5-6 took 1 attempt

6-7 took a little over 1 hour of attempts

7-8 took about 3 or more hours of attempts

8-9 ive spent 5 days trying with no success

Edited by Alexgopen