Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

WTB ~95ql smelting pot.

WTB ~95ql smelting pot. I have no idea about a price.

Reply to this thread or pm me in game.

wanted to send u a PM really, but i dunno why, but i cant see the option to PM you. Maybe u have it deactivated or private or something.

my adivce is buy Bigsteves 70ql one.

since the hidden wurm game code seems to be X * 1.4 = max QL

so a 70ql claypot u can smelt a 98ql item and still get a 98ql lump from.

• Like 1

hey guys im newb why would someone need that high qlty smelting pot? if cap is 50qlty

as says on the wiki

The smelting pot is used to smelt metal. You can get rid of spare tools that you've created to grind skill by smelting it back down into lumps. Lumps are capped at 50 quality. You must use the smelting pot as you would a tool, by activating it and right clicking on the tool you wish to smelt. The item you want to smelt must be glowing from the heat. Keep in mind that if your tool is not large enough to smelt into a lump, the smelted tool will simply vanish.

Edited by trader101

@ Tissotx: Ya, I've had forum pm turned off for months. I just don't like pm's. I do deal with them in-game because we lack so many market or trade facilitation features. I can make a 70ql one.

@ Trader101 & Tissotx: The wiki is often wrong when it comes to specific numbers and things derived from formulas. The wiki is player made and Wurm players rarely ever thoroughly test things, publish the study for discussion and finally update the wiki with well supported information. (imo) It's dumb as heck that Wurm developers don't document things but that is just how it is. So ya, I generally assume the wiki is wrong and test thing for myself.

my info is not coming from wiki.

im 92+skilled plate armor smith

i use clay pot alot to refine up my steel QL. I smelt down 80ql steel items just to get a 80ql steel lump

i made 50ql myself claypot. Traxx helped me and made a 70ql and a 80ql and a 90ql

u lose 10% of metal weight of item, and clay pot ql * 1.4 is the max ql lump u can get

Edited by Tissotx

my info is not coming from wiki.

i use clay pot alot to refine up my steel QL.

okay, thanks for sharing.

ooo, "Refine up" is an interesting idea. I wonder how much metal it will take for me to turn say 75 ql iron into 90+ ql by imping and smelting large anvils.

To be clear, when you talk about 'refining up', do you mean making a (say) 50QL item, imping it to (say) 70QL, then smelting that to get a 70QL lump? 

Also, are you confirming that the info on the wiki is wrong (i.e. you can get higher than 50QL lumps back from a smelting pot)?

Baby smiths want to know :)

To be clear, when you talk about 'refining up', do you mean making a (say) 50QL item, imping it to (say) 70QL, then smelting that to get a 70QL lump? 

Also, are you confirming that the info on the wiki is wrong (i.e. you can get higher than 50QL lumps back from a smelting pot)?

Baby smiths want to know :)

greater than 50 ql...read Tissotx posts..."since the hidden wurm game code seems to be X * 1.4 = max QL

so a 70ql claypot u can smelt a 98ql item and still get a 98ql lump from." Offhand I don't remember if you can get greater than 50ql.

refine up...imping tools are not ql capped, where as a resources like lump is. Since the resources is only required about 20% of the time its possible to imp item to ql in excess of the lump ql you're using. I suspect this is only feasible when you're getting large ql increases from an improve. I been thinking about the break even calculation for this but is complicated, especially I don't have a formula for the ql jumps.

since the hidden wurm game code seems to be X * 1.4 = max QL

so a 70ql claypot u can smelt a 98ql item and still get a 98ql lump from.

Didn't know that, thanks for sharing.  Will have to do some tests myself.  I'm assuming from context that you get the max QL every time so a higher ql pot wouldn't deliver a better chance of the max QL?

Also, I can do 90 ql for sure, would need better tools to hit 95 ql though so not really an option for me right now.

oh well let me first say that this is not any overpowered way, its very time consuming, so the high skilled metallurgy and coalmaker player would maybe deem it inefficient to gather high ql steel

the max ql item i smelt is between 70 and 80ql, and it for sure hurts to smelt a 80ql plate item that u know u can sell. but u use the lump u get from it to craft more items to 80ql that u sell.

with a high ql smelt pot u 100% of the time get the max ql lump

smelting 90-95 ql items for a lump is not good, since that high up u should know how much fails and lump tries it is.

The refining up method only works when u can get hugh ql increase between the times it needs a lump click

Lets say i have a 60 ql item and click one time a lump. If im luck this item can go all the way to like 70 ql before i need use 1 more lump. then it maybe goes to 75 before next lump, and then to 80 and i smelt

This method is also good when u r grinding skill in PAS, since u recycle items and get more lumps to work with for a longer time.

Edited by Tissotx