Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Spoiler - New Things on Test

What the motherfluff is an acid pole?

For caustic dancers?

• Like 2

@Kegan

Shooting horses is the first step to engaging an enemy to prevent escape and hinder mobility. Allowing this ability for NPCs will be bad, no doubt. Allowing NPCs to use ranged attacks could destroy PvP. Here are the possible problems if archer NPCs are added:

> NPCs may be too strong (better than players) 

> possible shield skill exploits (blocking for skill)

> farming arrows

> archers shoot players instead of horses (useless, players will block/leave range)

> archers shoot horses instead of players (balance issue, prevents escape without any real input from players)

I really think they should scrap the whole Challenge idea, but the archer towers will be broken regardless of which servers they're on (not on Epic please, thanks).

• Like 1

I'm one of the more vocal proponents for fairness between PvE and PvP. (eg. I'm one of the Louder, Whinier PvE'ers who got angry at the complete disregard for PvE all of last year.)

PvE has been ridiculously spoiled with the recently additions given to us by the Art Team. I think we do a disservice to kick, scream and whine just because PvP is getting new toys to play with.

We're getting new toys too - even if they're not exclusive, they're still toys that were created with PvE'ers in mind.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Yes because all that stuff will be great for a 400+ slope dirtwall with long houses of several floors, trenches, moats and minedoors.

And also what good are most of these if dirt walls are the primary defense for any pvp deed that knows what it's doing?

I'd hope that one of the first things that gets tested on the challenge server is removing super-high dirt walls. It's amazingly bad design.

Whoever spends time digging dirtwalls on this server should be shot.

Dude, you're talking about Wurm and bad design, but you're singling out only dirt walls? :rolleyes:

Archer towers should be manned by player archers.

when  logged out THEN the NPC Archer Guards can spawn.

imho

An archery tower is something players stand on to archer people over houses and walls from a long range. Not a new type of guard tower. Everyone is freaking out over their own bad ideas.

Edited by Judicator

An archery tower is something players stand on to archer people over houses and walls from a long range. Not a new type of guard tower. Everyone is freaking out over their own bad ideas.

Because the description+Rolfs past decisions are totally peoples bad ideas.

• Like 1

[11:16:46] Inside this building live fanatic guards who spend all their time awake shooting arrows at every enemy in sight. It is made from oakenwood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 45.28351, Dam: 0.0.

This to me would suggest otherwise. But I am just going off the description provided.

The archery tower is stationary and will not move but the ballista and acid pole you can pick up. (i did not try to load the archery tower)

I would test more but i used the tp over there to go to the pvp side and it bugged my character resetting his characteristic skills and taking away my house writ where i used to test from so i can not get inside anymore to my stuff.  

I'd imagine you can use the new siege weapons to take out said archery tower? (and maybe even normal towers?)

I'm one of the more vocal proponents for fairness between PvE and PvP. (eg. I'm one of the Louder, Whinier PvE'ers who got angry at the complete disregard for PvE all of last year.)

PvE has been ridiculously spoiled with the recently additions given to us by the Art Team. I think we do a disservice to kick, scream and whine just because PvP is getting new toys to play with.

We're getting new toys too - even if they're not exclusive, they're still toys that were created with PvE'ers in mind.

Unfortunately, most of the actual coded mechanic changes (not models, sound, etc.) screw over both PvP and PvE, regardless of which it was supposed to help, both are negatively affected. It's time for a code split. Also, most of the PvP community doesn't want the Challenge server, so they aren't our new toys either (I hope).

99ql venom arrow farming.

fixed Edited by SotG_is_OP