Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

[Chaos+Epic] Reveal Settlements - All priests

Give reveal settlements to all priests on chaos and epic just like locate soul or remove it from Vynora on the PvP servers. Libila not having access to this spell makes it neigh impossible for us to locate settlements  that white lighters place but as soon as Black Lighters place deeds they are easily triangulated within hours and drains started.

Very unbalanced for kingdoms to expand.

Edited by Ruger

Erm, either I'm utterly mistaken about this spell or you are.

That said, I am member of MR Chaos and own a Vynora priest myself. Of course it is true that we locate new deeds, however, not by using the locate settlements spell but by using locate soul on certain players.

Afaik the locate settlement spell works much like 'get info' from PoK and only works for a local range.

I just used the spell for the first time in my life to check this:

[16:49:57] You start to cast 'Reveal Settlements'.

[16:50:16] You succeed.

[16:50:16] You receive insights about the area.

It didn't tell me anything. xD

To sum it up:

+1 lets give it to Libila as well, its as pointless as 'Bless' :P

Maybe give it to all priests and change how it works instead - kinda like locate soul where you've to enter the deed's name you're locating?

• Like 1

Give reveal settlements to all priests on chaos and epic just like locate soul or remove it from Vynora on the PvP servers. Libila not having access to this spell makes it neigh impossible for us to locate settlements  that white lighters place but as soon as Black Lighters place deeds they are easily triangulated within hours and drains started.

You know nothing about the spell at all, do you?

• Like 3

The spell just finds settlements within an ## x ## area, I'd imagine it's as big as reveal creatures which is around local distance depending on the cast.

The spell has very minimal use.

But I agree a spell like this, should be on all kingdoms (whether it's useful or not)

That is called locate soul, not reveal settlements...

• Like 1

The spell just finds settlements within an ## x ## area, I'd imagine it's as big as reveal creatures which is around local distance depending on the cast.

The spell has very minimal use.

But I agree a spell like this, should be on all kingdoms (whether it's useful or not)

+1

So... someone is cruising along, notices the "you have entered Jenn-Kellon" or something to that effect, then uses this spell to pin-point the location of associated settlement?

Before you say it, you're right, I've never used this spell nor seen it used.  I still think it should be removed entirely as camouflage should always be a viable option in warfare.