Sign in to follow this  
Stormblade

Poll Result: Decrease Size of FSB

Wox has suggested a poll to show intrest in decreasing the size of the FSB Model

As showcased here is a link the new FSB Model

*One of my main concerns about the current FSB is its absolute absurdity in size, will this be remedied or are these just new textures..?

I can change the size and make it smaller if you all want that. (if some have the urge to make a poll about it please do)

====

Updated, Size of the FSB has been decreased slightly as well as depth.  Closing the poll.

2. 15% (13 votes [13.40%] - View)

3. 25% (31 votes [31.96%] - View)

4. bullet_star_rated.png 50% (14 votes [14.43%] - View)

5. Greater than 50% (2 votes [2.06%] - View)

6. No Change at all fine as it is (33 votes [34.02%] - View)

7. Bigger is better (4 votes [4.12%] - View)

Edited by Stormblade
  • Like 2

i voted 25% and i would love to see an even front of boards and not the uneven version. pretty please.. pretty pretty please. this just does not look right and i don't see any real purpose for it.

• Like 1

Just make it so you can create a small and large FSB.. and the small one is half the size and only holds half the amount.. ?

• Like 3

i would love to see an even front of boards and not the uneven version. pretty please.. pretty pretty please. this just does not look right and i don't see any real purpose for it.

You need 100 Carpentry for that ;)

Personally I just want to be able to see over them, and I reckon 15%  reduction should accomplish that. Though the poll is somewhat incomplete without a 'no change' option, and it should probably include the option for trolls too: 'Bigger!' ;)

We don't get to vote "NO"? 

Thanks didn't realize i had put that in but forgot to hit save.

Fixed

You need 100 Carpentry for that  ;)

Personally I just want to be able to see over them, and I reckon 15%  reduction should accomplish that. Though the poll is somewhat incomplete without a 'no change' option, and it should probably include the option for trolls too: 'Bigger!'  ;)

Included a Bigger is Better option

Edited by Stormblade
  • Like 1

Wox already has solved the "uneven roofboards Problem" and has postet an updated version of the FSB in Post #59 of the mentioned thread.

Updated Version:              FSB_v2.png

I like hiding all my loot inside large models (forges, FSBs, HotA statues, etc.).

I don't really have a problem with the height or the width of the current model - it is the depth that is my issue. Unless it it is pushed into a wall, it sticks out and occupies half a tile. It has a bigger footprint than a bed, so yeah - a bit oversized in most rooms :)

• Like 1

I don't really have a problem with the height or the width of the current model - it is the depth that is my issue. Unless it it is pushed into a wall, it sticks out and occupies half a tile. It has a bigger footprint than a bed, so yeah - a bit oversized in most rooms :)

This is the main problem with the size, I don't mind the height or width but uhggg... It takes up half a tile!

And also the feet, the feet need chopped in half because they clip through flooring so badly atm!

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 1

Without changing the model then no i think it is fine. Now if you are going to change the model then okay but just this same thing in a tiny version..no thanks. (i am like everyone else the depth on this is the only real issue i have with this model)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I find it fine as is, and have never heard of anyone having issue with it until the past few weeks...

Like others have said, I'd be happy for them to not stick through the floor. 

Since I keep 5 in one room, I'd love if they were smaller, then I could have a room which wasn't only full of food! :P

As long as the volume isn't changed, why not?
The food storage bins are way too bulky for you to be able to decorate with them properly (yeah I know, they're remnants of the MrB plastic era) and quite frankly I've never cared for their looks.

• Like 1

I would like to have the depth decreased. the legs not show through the floor. I really like the updated new version with the fixed top.

I happy with these changes regardless if they make the bin smaller or kepted the same size.

Perhaps like we have large and small crates, a "small food bin" that holds half the amount of a current bin, but with a different model. I personally would perfer something that looks like a couple small, stacked crates and some bags of grain and pots.

RIS-35165-Food-Supplies-2.jpg

something like that (with less stuff laying on the floor but its the general idea) :)

Edited by Alyeska

Personally I'd like to see something with the same height as a dresser so all that storage sort of makes sense but with the width and the depth reduced at the same time.

Something like this

9LCNmfV.png

Chose 25%, but like most here - it's the depth that needs adjusting for me.

Poll can be closed, Wox changed the FSB´s size:

Toodaloo!

From the feedback in posts and the poll I did scale it down 10% in height and width (*0.90) and 25% in depth(*0.75)

Cheers!

Edited by Bekador