Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

A market chat tab

Tabs for a global market and a local market tab IE how GL-Freedom and Freedom tabs work so people don't have to spam freedom chat tabs with their WTS and auction threads.

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 17

+1 but it will require more CM's. So its only used for trades. Anyone that start discussing or crticizing anybody else prices gets a warning and eventually muted

Edited by topkos
  • Like 1

+1 let it have 30min cooldown timer before u can post again.

Easy to moderate, and it wont give spammers unfair advantage

• Like 2

+1 let it have 30min cooldown timer before u can post again.

Easy to moderate, and it wont give spammers unfair advantage

Thats great too and because we are a small and pretty good community i hope nobody will use several alts to spam

No more double post Freedom/Global, No more seeing your post disappear with the latest gossip dominating Freedom/Global no more jumping to Forums every three seconds.  Needs to be rules, other than that I definitely support this. +1

+1 good idea, it also makes it easier for buyers to see what was being advertised recently :) and people who don't wanna see ads, can turn the chat off

If you put it on a delay you will limit the amount of non-trade chatter. Some sort of pop-up when you try to send a message to it with the string you typed already in the blank, along with an explanation of the rules and how it works. First message pops up 5 mins after you send it in, with repeats every 30mins so long as that account is logged in. Trying to send another message to the channel on the same account would just replace your existing ad.

• Like 1

+1. And I love Silakkas idea of it giving it a 30 min cooldown timer too, so people can't just spam away freely.

+++1

I'd like to see a single tab for all market posts.  If I am posting from an alt on Xanadu, my post gets the prefix: "(Timestamp) Xanadu <Wurmhole>" buy my stuffs!

That way you can see what server people are posting from, without having a local and a global tab to worry about. Tabs take up precious space.  Also, allow a server filter within the market tab.

Another awesome thing would be item linking for the market tab, which would allow someone to click the link and see all the specifications of the linked item, but I bet that takes some time to code.  Maybe it can't be done with java?  I sure love that feature in other games.

• Like 2

Freedom Chat is a form of punishment: its like watching a tv channel that is 90% ads (WTS, WTA, linking to forum posts)

This would solve that problem

Ooh, this would be very useful, especially with a 30-min cooldown, as Silakka suggested. +1

Would be a good idea for an additional Tab devoted to Sales. World of Warcraft had this and at least it did cut down some on players posting their sales on other channels. Not really a cure all for ad spam on other tabs though but in Wurm would be a helpful centering location for them.

=Ayes=

To avoid ad spamming have posts in that tab slowed down, especially posts from the same char.

• Like 1

just rename global freedom,solve two problems

If this ever was a thing could also make it so forum links automatically show as a hyperlink with the title of the thread