Sign in to follow this  
Wizlawz

Deed Laws and KOS

so according to some tokens visitors are allowed to do some things, whatever that may be as long as it is permissable by the set settings.

You shouldn't be able to be put on KOS by being allowed to do what you are allowed to do as per the permission set of the deed laws (whatever)

dont get me wrong im not complaining it just don't make sense.

seems like a deed owner troll / greif to me.

and when you challenge them on their "laws" you get something like this:

[07:24:03] <Name removed for name and shame by Wizlawz> I won't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and win with experience.

imho if you are allowed by the deed token settings to do things then the KOS should be blocked and they should change their deed laws, otherwise they are just trolling and grefing the un-weary who are just following the "laws".

and now it is suggested on server im on to be KOS by all,...when i am only following the game mechanics and the deed laws as set no, not by new players but ones who have been on for quite awhile it seems.

http://www.wurmonline.com/wurm-online-game-agreement/

or in any way attempt to disrupt the playing experience of other players.

• You must abide by the Wurm Online game rules, forum and chat rules as published by Code Club now or in the future

it is quite interesting.

Edited by Wizlawz

You can KoS someone because you don't like their hair. If it makes sense or not, it's by the rules. If they KoS you, I wouldn't want to be around them anyway as it's a good indication they don't like you.

You can KoS someone because you don't like their hair. If it makes sense or not, it's by the rules. If they KoS you, I wouldn't want to be around them anyway as it's a good indication they don't like you.

got a link?

KOS is the right of the mayor no matter the circumstances, Doesn't matter what another player can do on that deed, it isn't their property, and if the mayor doesn't want them on it so be it.

KoS (Kill on Sight)
It's the right of any mayor to KoS anyone as they see fit, except for any deed covering a highway. In such cases the village waives any right to KoS anyone.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/7-game-rules/

KoS is a no trespassing sign. And don't you have like 3 minutes to get off it? You can probably pass through on your merry way in that long.

Edited by Audrel

kos is also a tool for players AGAINST griefers...and there is rules restricting the usage (if your deed is covering a highway) and kos ed people are getting i think 5-10 minutes warning before guards attack.

besides I wonder why even bother doing something on someone elses deed, if you are not part of it? just because you CAN doesn't mean you should, without asking. Some people have reasons for allowing specific laws to be open, to make work with neighbours and friends easier (the amount of people you can add to deed roles is limited)

Hmmm you are kosed now on my deed too. Reason you talk too much

• Like 1

aye good to know.

interesting. well i guess when i deed  up  i can see lotsa advantages to this.

thx for the info

Honestly, I have never had an issue with this on either side. Most mayors will use this as an absolute last resort, In this game your name is everything and in the end all you have. It's bad business for a mayor to place KOS on a whim or even to troll. On the flip-side and as a rule I would have to say being placed on KOS must have taken days if not weeks to set a Mayor off in such a way. This is my experience anyway.

On a side note I feel this is the only "last" resort a Mayor has to protect his lands and should be left as is.

well why dont they just put up signs saying if you take what you are allowed to take you will be KOS.

i mean my first few days that was all i could do, and newbie player may do the same only to find they will get dead, very confused, quite aggravated, and etc.

Edited by Wizlawz

Here's the scenario you need to be thinking about:

Out of courtesy a deed owner leaves a useful permission open like digging (they have clay on the deed) or loading/unloading (it's a common market area or has good docks on deed). One jerk abuses the courtesy and griefs the deed, its owner or other visitors.

Which is better?

1 - KOS the little turd.

2 - Change the settings so nobody can do that anymore regardless of their intentions.

Whenever you are on someone else's property you should defer to them and/or leave. It's their property. No doubt you got called an idiot because you started an argument over their rights vs your rights when they clearly knew more about the game rules than you did. If you get a "get off my lawn", then get off it or expect a templar to come at you.

• Like 1

Meh, I'll feed the troll.

Wizlawz, you first cropped up on CA Help a week or so ago, asking questions about stuff you had already been told the answer too. You claimed you were a new player then said you had played on Chaos. Then you started talking about being a looter and taking anything not nailed down.

I added you to my KoS for the consistent "playing dumb" card when I know you are anything but that, you know what is right and wrong and how the game works sufficiently enough to know where the wiki is, not to just take stuff of active deeds and that Wurm only survived this long because of the community that built it. You are never going to get far with your current attitude in Wurm.

You were added to KoS for the deed above because you parked your boat, came ashore, and started looking for things to take with people in local actively telling you not too. As many have said above, KoS is a last resort for most deed owners when some players fail to listen.

I know of at least 6 deeds now that have added you to their KoS.

As I said before, Wurm is about community and so on that note, I do hope that you change your attitude and become and useful and active member of the community as we would love to have new players (however new) to join the game.

P.S My suggestion would be just to shut up, keep your head down and learn the game through valid questions, the wiki and the forums and not go round looking to take anything not nailed down.

All the best.

• Like 1

i didnt even get off the boat.

look this is what i had understood:

wurm is friendly community, they help each other on pve.

someone also once told me if its not locked it's there to help others along the way.{forget name as am still trying to gget head wrapped around a few things}

NO i am not a troll. get off it already.

i ask what i ask in ca because a lot of the lnks i hit in the wiki lead to "oops sry page dont exist"....although others say the link works i put up that doesnt for me.

i was also told as long as the setting s  in deed allow it your all good.{i guess it was i who was trolled}

sure i say i loot, cant i roleplay?

and sure i ask a few times a similar same question in ca JUST to be sure i am Understanding it, if you dont have the patience dont ca.

like i said i am not complaining it just didn't make sense to me, until that link i asked for, which is a lil contradicting but i get it now.

everything else i am learning hands on the hard way, so what no big deal, life goes on.

it all comes down to "thier stuff" as it is being said:

• You have no ownership in the account; this is a service provided by Code Club AB.

ye i get it but dont act like you own it. {unless there is something  else i missed which is more than likely}

yes ok i understand now, god forbid we play the game mechanics and the set deed rules with no warning signs posted which would be in the very least polite as well, instead of going through bs like this.

==================================================================================================================================

"As I said before, Wurm is about community and so on that note, I do hope that you change your attitude and become and useful and active member of the community as we would love to have new players (however new) to join the game."

for the most part.

I think that this thread won't go anywhere productive from here...

*Click*

• Like 1