Sign in to follow this  
Corvan

One Man Killer

((So I have decided to rewrite the next Continuing story. So as of right now this is the true story. One man army is as of now obsolete))

Sense the end of the last war with the Horde of the Summoned a form of peace had settled over the lands of Jenn Kellon. The Horde had retreated into the corrupted lands they owned losing much of their recently gained territory, But the armies of Jenn Kellon were stopped before they could push into real Horde territory. With that they set off back for their own lands to rebuild. With the Horde of the summon gone deep into their own lands Jenn Kellon became a land of calm and peace. For fifty years this continued. No war with the Horde, The Armies grew restless and so some started to fight for gold, some fought in newly rising Arenas for glory and fame. Others did it for the brotherhood it brought them. Having people at their side to watch their backs. Several training schools rose up over the years. From a Army Officer Corps school, which was a private training school for officers and Cadets in training for the Jenn Kellon army, To Gladiator schools and Mercenary schools. People who came to learn how to fight either went on to become Gladiators or Mercenaries, Sell swords and the like. One School, which was also one of the first ones, Simply named The Island for it is based on a Old Island. This school trained some of the top fighters for the last fifty years. The first head Master was Corvan, a Convert from the Horde who became a outcast of his people. A very dangerous man who fought in the last war to earn the land which he would turn into the School. Years before he died Corvan had a son, whom he trained himself and pushed harder then any other of his students. This child would become the next headmaster of The Island. His name was Corvis. At the Age of thirty he now rules the Island and continues the traditions of the Island making sure every member meets the standards set by his father..But now a problem has spilled out into the lands of Jenn Kellon unknowingly..who..or what is it..what do they want..and why.

((this is the introduction to the next saga. I will do my best to add onto it here soon when I am not as preoccupied))

• Like 3

(life is crazy, but it is life.)

Within the capital city of Jenn Kellon. Kyara has grown and grown into one of the largest cities and the largest trade hub in the known world. Within this large city in a high end noble quarter of the city, guarded and patrolled night and day and within this quarter was a manor, and within the Manor was a man named Farris Dorn. The house itself was a well furnished home and thick stone to keep it warm on cold nights like tonight. Guards stood outside and inside the house with servants moving about tending to their nightly duties.. Farris sat at his desk bent over reading rolls of parchment. A middle aged man with thinning hair, clean shaven face that was full and fat much like the man himself, from his years of eating a little to well.

Farris was just not a noble though he was a member of the council for the King of Jenn Kellon and also the head of the Secret police. The parchments in front of him told him of a series of murders along the country side of farmers and general house holds. No reason could be had of why these people and families were murdered, though the households and farms were ransacked for anything of value from gold and jewelry to food. Quietly Farris sat in his chair re reading the parchment hoping to find a clue in the details of the murders but nothing would come up. All were killed in various manners from stab wounds to throat cuts and dismemberment. "There is no reason to these murders besides theft..but why kill them.."Farris shook his head and leaned back in his chair sighing heavily in his chair hand over his eyes as a headache started to come about from the work tonight. Several minutes he had sat in his chair and was almost asleep when a hard knock came at the door. "Yes.."he said quietly. When the door did not open he ignored it until a minute later the door was knocked upon again this time with two hard knocks. "What is it!"He called out. Again nothing from outside the door and with a grunt of annoyance pushed the chair away from his desk and walked to the door. Each step cause the floor to creak from his weight and as he reached for the handle to the door, it suddenly slammed open coming off the top hinge and knocking Farris to the ground.

"Ahhh!"Farris screamed as the door hit him sending him flying into the wall on his left and then to the floor grunting heavily. Attempting to get up Farris was suddenly pinned to the ground by a heavy foot. Looking up, Farris saw the man pinning him to the floor. He was a fairly large man with short dirty blond hair. He wore armor that was mix of steel plate and chain armor with a wicked looking sword in his left hand that spoke instantly of enchantments. The man was built as well, Not massive like some of the men he employed himself but larger then most and stronger then most from how he looked and held him self. He also noticed a single scar down the man's face from his left eye to his chin. "Get off of me! do you know who i am!"Farris screamed as he struggled to get up. The man only grinned at Farris and that is when he saw it. His eyes, they were yellow..not bright but a dull yellow."Blacklighter..'he said softly suddenly very afraid. At this though the man frowned and reached down to grab Farris by his neck and lift him to his feet with what looked like little effort. The grip was like iron and Farris found himself being thrown across the room and onto his desk with groaned with effort to not break from the sudden force being forced onto it.

"DO not compare me to those worms!" the man shouted. His voice was strong and deep. Farris struggled to get up but the man again pinned him to the desk. "Get off of me..you will hang for this!!" This time the man grinned. "You do not scare me..Farris the head of the Secret Police..yes I know who you are..and tonight..you will be the start of a new era...with your..."he grinned like a skull wide and teeth showing"Sacrifice.."Farris went pale and even paler as the sword was raised above the mans head. It was then Farris realized at least who the man was."Your the one who has been murdering the people in the countryside.."Farris said trying to by time for the guards to arrive. Blasted guards were are they anyways!"No...not me...We..are"The man let his grip loose enough for Farris to see several men now inside the room. each one more evil looking then the other but they all showed the same dull yellow eye. The room had become dark and the sounds of chanting in deep quiet voice could be heard but the words Farris could not make out.

Farris looked to the man once more but before he could say anything, There was a flash of steel and the world became quiet and black.."At least..there is no pain"Farris thought as his head fell to the floor with a small meaty thud and blood sprayed across the floor and desk. The dirty blond haired man looked to the others"We have begun...take the head..stake it outside the walls and leave the message..we have a old...friend to reach out too my brothers..and then..We can begin our work for the Arrival.."They said nothing but instantly began their work. One left with the head while the others gathered up items of value. As the supposed leader of the group left the room, and walking towards the exit, he turned to look around at the house for a moment, All of the servants and guards had been dragged and beaten to the center chamber of the house. Two men stood guard over the group. Silently a small person came from the shadows wearing dark leather and held a dagger. "Master..what shall we do with these..servants.."The dirty blond haired man looked at the group for a few seconds before turning and opening the door "Make examples of them.."before the first scream could even escape the door closed quietly with a small click. Pulling up a hood the man walked out into the cold night and silently vanished into the night. Not a single scream could be heard from the house.

(and I cut if off there for now. I have several days off in a row so hopefully if things go how I want them to I will be adding more tomorrow. Who are these men..what is their purpose and for the Arrival of who? or what? stay tuned)

Update time. So having some discussions over the last few weeks with my fiance. One of our biggest common grounds is roleplay and story telling. I had not forgotten about this story, but as many of you well know by now my real life is usually a bit chaotic. Having a brush with several hard times and some very hard choices I have had to make over the last year. I had to really focus on my time in RL and just getting myself back.Still having some struggles with things. I also lost my motivation for writing which has been the hardest thing to get back for I have so many stories to write down now that I have created in the long hours of my work.

For those of you who are still hoping I am continuing with my story, Have no fear I am going to continue it simply for you fans who have been loyal to reading One man outpost over the years it took me to write that. And from what I can tell..thanks to all of you..it has been the most viewed roleplay story out of all of the others and that right there is a big boost for me seeing that it was at over 11k views over the years. yes it was from a long time ago but the fact it was viewed so many times has given me a big boost in a long road of recovering my motivation in Writing once more. I have written stories on other game sites before and the positive reception I have gotten from them and remembering some people even defending me when the site was sadly corrupted and all of those posts were lost. Luckily I had backed up everything so I reposted it. Though reception was much less though People defended me which I am grateful for.

Also for those of you who have read One Man Outpost in its entirety I thank you for your time in reading that jumping mess of when I was much younger and still not all that skilled..I am happy to report that I will be taking the basis of One Man Outpost and turning it into a real book. No it will not be based in wurm. Character names and anything even related to wurm will be rewitten out so as to avoid copy right issues. It will take me some time to go through this and redo everything but fear not. It will get done. I am thinking of also starting up a site or something so people can follow the progress, get first looks at some passages I am writing and just generally see how progress is coming.

I do have to credit Rolf for having this game go to were it is today. Without you Rolf..in truth this story never would of came about and I probably would not be considering what i am doing now..so for that I thank you.

Don't let it go to your head though! still a sperg lord :P

Other then that I hope to have a new chapter to this story up before monday so that you can finally wonder exactly what the hell I am doing :D

Edited by Corvan

As the sun rose that next morning, a light fog had drifted into the town of Kyara. At first shop keepers would awaken and begin their usual day of work, of preparing their wares shops for the day. From smiths to leather workers, slowly the town would become a hive of activity, but today it would not be that usual activity, some could sense the dread that had settled over the town others could not. Outside the gates of Kyara, the two men posted up by the main gate, at first did not realize there was something on the side of the road. The fog was too thick at first and slowly it would dissipate. At first the two guards thought it was one of the early rising merchant traders from outside of the town, but when it never moved, the two guards began to wonder what was going on. So one of the guards left to check out this mysterious figure. Less then a minute the man gave a shouting cry of surprise and he his fellow guard came running, his sword drawn ready to defend his friend. The guards on the wall heard the shout and prepared to attack or defend. The wall captain gave out a shout. "Whats going on! Argen! Dorn!" When they did not respond to the captains shout, he started to give out orders to send a squad out, but was stopped shortly when one of the archers spotted the two men returning carrying something. "Captain!!"one of the men shouted out. The captain bounded for the stairs and within seconds was coming out of the gate. "What in the hells is-"the captain was cut short when he saw what Argen was carrying. "It's Farris Captain! Someone has murdered Farris and staked his head outside the walls!" The captain looked down in horror at the twisted expression on Farris's face."Seal the gate!"the Captain shouted."Argen get the general now! and find Morgan! tell him to get his squad up and to Farris's house now!" Argen did not hesitate and ran as fast as he could through the town, shoving people out of his way as he made his way towards the Castle.

When the royal guards tried to stop him at the main gate of the castle, he shoved them aside and bolted past them, shouting for the general. The general was a decently large balding man. he was only a few inches taller then most. Wearing only a pair of leather pants and half pulling on a cotton shirt.

General Atilus, was a combat vetern of over a hundred fights. One on one duels to small hundred man battles. Atlius had become General for a reason and the King of Jenn Kellon had choosen well. Atilus though aging now with most of his hair gone was still fairly fit for his age. Standing just under six feet tall and easily weighing almost two hundred pounds. He also had a greying goatee that was kept short and tirmmed. But his most outstanding feature was his Blue eyes, They were bright and piercing, as if they could see into your very soul. If you had one of course.

"Private what are you shouting about!" Argen came to attention the Moment Atlius entered the room. "at ease private..now what is with all this bloody shouting!"Atlius was obviously angry at being woken up so rudely. "General..We found Lord Farris's head staked outside the city walls..We have a unit of men heading to his manor now." Atlius simply stared at the private for a few seconds before it fully hit him."No..this is bad..he was the head of the Secret Police..Wait you said Staked outside the city gates?" Argen nodded"Yes general..I found it myself" Atlius nodded"No one has done something like that in a  very long time..and the last man who did something like that..died some years ago..I would know..I attended the funeral..So its not him..but..No..impossible" Argen knew full well of what Atlius was talking about but said nothing. "I will go to the Manor as well..You have the Captain of the wall shut down the gates. The city is now on lock down..if we have to inact Marshall law we will."Argen did not wait but saluted and took off to do that, but before he did, Argen turned and went up a set of stairs next to the entrance of the castle. These stairs would take one to the messengers tower. At the top of the tower were many greyish birds used to carry messages throughout the Kingdom. 

Quickly Argen took out some parchment and wrote down hastily onto it wasting not time with details.  taking a near by bird, he scouped it up into his hands and whispered to the bird. After tieing the parchment to its leg the bird took off without waiting. "Corvis..we have a serious problem.."Argen said to himself and head back down the stairs to warn the Captain of the generals orders.

Over a day and a halfs ride from the Captail city of kyara, was a part of the land completely walled off. A mote dug and fed by the natural lake this place was built next to. Over the years this place has grown into its own village. Not a large village like the one at the base of Kyara, but a decent size village none the less. But it was not just a village, this was a school of fighters. Home to a guild of fighters and some of the most deadly men in the Kingdom of Jenn Kellon. This was The Island. It never took on a fancy name or something of historical sense like some of the other training schools have. It was simple for this land was at one time A island with a narrow wooden bridge its only means of crossing without swimming. But the walls surrounded the entire place. It now had a cobblestone road leading up to a massive Iron and wooden gate. This place did not look like a training school but instead a fortress, and with good reason. This was the school that Corvan had started all those years ago.

it was a Day after the head of Lord Farris was discovered when the bird arrived at a wooden tower which was also the messengers tower in the middle of the island. There a young man with very short hair stood guard in the tower and when the bird arrived he took the note and hurried off towards a rather tall building. This building was the main office house of the island and the young man raced inside and up three flights of stairs and knocked on the door at the top of the stairs. "enter"came a deep voice from within the room.

The young man entered without hesitation. The room was dark save for a single large window on the fair end of the room. Candles burned in various parts of the room. On shelves, a desk and on candle holders placed sparingly about the room. It was also a sparse room save a few bookhshelves, a desk and a few glass display cases. There was also the large desk and a high backed chair. At first it would be hard to tell who was in the chair, but after adjusting you would see a man in his mid twenties to early thirties sitting in the chair. Jet black hair down almost to his shoulder, pale skin and a trade mark pale yellowish glow in his eyes which would show as they do now in a dark room. in light, they were just pale yellow. You could not tell how large or tall the man was, the shadows hid his form to well. A hand was held out and the young man moved forward to place the rolled parchment. "did you read it" The man said his voice deeper then before. "No headmaster"The young man said. "Stay then..and listen.." as he unrolled the parchment the young man took a more relaxed stance and waited for the Headmaster to read the parchment. "Corvis This is Argen, Lord Farris is dead. Head staked outside of Kyara. Will report more when available." There was a heavy sigh at the desk and the man sat up. His figure now easily seen, you could see that he was a well built man, not bulky but toned and muscled for his size. "Gather the instructors..and the Fighters Guild Leader as well...we may have a problem..If who did this who I think it is..we will have a problem."The young man nodded and turned out the door to follow the Headmaster's orders. The headmaster sighed some and turned towards the will. This man was infact Corvis, the only son of Corvan, the first headmaster of the school..A dark legend.He sighed once more and turned to head out the door himself. Grunting in annoyance."Today was supposed to be quiet.."Corvis muttered to himself.

(A snip it of what I have done so far. I have gotten a better mode about writing and this is helping me get it all back, which i have been writing about every night now)