Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Meditation Enlightenment fail

I've changed to PoL and I am trying to use enlightenment to cut down the wait period for next question.

Over a week ago I first used enlightenment to progress from level 4 (req. 15 meditating) to level 5 (req. 15 meditating) having over 30 meditating at the time. I first tried it 3 hours too early and got the appropriate message that I would have to wait to advance. 3 hours+ later, I was enlightened on the first attempt.

Yesterday I attempted the next enlightenment, having made sure I was past the 7 days cooldown, though I'm not postive by how many hours. This was for level 6 (req. 20 meditating) my skill is now 34.5. After 50 failed attempts with 1 minute+ cooldown each, we gave up.

The only thing I can think of in hindsight was that I typed /invitations after the first enlightenment attempt had been queued. We tried different rugs, a supreme rug, being mounted and being unmounted, anything we could think of. It just wouldn't stop failing.

I do not think it is unreasonable to suspect a bug in this. I believe other players have also been having difficulty very recently.

The difficulty is just really high.  Skill does play a massive role in how the difficulty plays out

Getting level 6 with 70+ skill is incredibly easy for example, only takes a few tries, maybe 20 minutes tops

Edit:  Enough time passed if you are able to try.  The rug used seems to not make a difference in my experience, or it's not really noticable

Edited by MrGARY

Other players have been having the same problem since it was 'fixed' 10? 12? months ago.  Working as intended I think, that was answer we got.

If it is indeed that this is how it is supposed to work, would it be unreasonable to desire some further guidelines in the wiki on what to expect ? Both as a player seeking advancement on the path, and as a path leader who may be requested to perform an enlightenment ? After getting an enlightenment on first try before, I didn't feel uncomfortable about seeking a player I didn't know to perform the next advancement, and I had no idea that I would be asking for more than 10-15 minutes of their time allowing for bad rolls.