Sign in to follow this  
Miggy

Give woodcutting some luvin'

When woodcutting, you get get body strength and body stam.

When digging, you get body strength, body stam and mind logic.

When mining, you get body strength, body stam, mind logic and soul strength.

It's unfair for those of us who woodcut.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Don't you get body control or something when woodcutting?

If you have less than 20 huge- or longsword skill, and you use those swords to cut trees, then yes you do.

If you use a hatchet (which is supposed to be the tool used for woodcutting, mind you), you don't.

definetly +!

i wants more stats to match what mining/digging get  >:( >:(

+1

This is what I've been saying - I have also been saying to get some sort of random event for digging and woodcutting, like you randomly get a gem occasionally while mining. Woodcutting, I thought you could have a birds nest with a medium value item in it.

+1

This is what I've been saying - I have also been saying to get some sort of random event for digging and woodcutting, like you randomly get a gem occasionally while mining. Woodcutting, I thought you could have a birds nest with a medium value item in it.

i smell rooensskaiypp

+1

this is hilarious.

i would like to see, of all things, and egg in the nest. Maybe it could hatch into something fun or unique? Or perhaps like an easter egg that decays into salt or cheese or a gem

+1

this is hilarious.

i would like to see, of all things, and egg in the nest. Maybe it could hatch into something fun or unique? Or perhaps like an easter egg that decays into salt or cheese or a gem

Or maybe you just find some amber, which works in all ways identical to gems.

Although I don't really think that such random event should be implemented in woodcutting.

+1

Weren't gems with mining because it is harder to get to higher skill with or something?

+1

runescape?

When mining, you get body strength, body stam, mind logic and soul strength.

It's unfair for those of us who woodcut.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Don't you get str and stam faster faster from woodcutting then from the other two though? I've always thought this to be the case... truth be told I never did any real scientific testing of it but seeing as killing trees >> looking at gray surfaces for prolonged sessions I always told myself it was all for the better and did woodcutting <3

(PS: TDOW FTW)

Don't you get str and stam faster faster from woodcutting then from the other two though? I've always thought this to be the case... truth be told I never did any real scientific testing of it but seeing as killing trees >> looking at gray surfaces for prolonged sessions I always told myself it was all for the better and did woodcutting <3

I always figured the gain was identical, I don't think I gain enormous amounts of strength or stamina when woodcutting, and I have always heard mining was best for strength and stam. Digging is supposedly the worst for strength and stam, but I always figured that was due to the way digging skills up much faster, so it seems as if the stats go up slower in comparison.

Maybe it's one of those things we should ask Rolf about. ;D

And yes, woodcutting <3, although I seem to recall a new-map resolution we both made about grinding woodcutting to the ability of our carpentry skills, so we wouldn't have to rely on other people for logs, and while I reckon I'm doing a pretty good job of it, I think you have forsaken your roots, so to say. ;)

Meh, woodcutting could be balanced a little more with digging, but I think it's fine to have mining give more, being as, it's something like what, 15 seconds tops for digging/woodcutting as a newbie, whereas mining starts at 32 second timer?  Seems fine to me.

Woodcutting could be made more intesting though.  Woodcutting is just something that needs doing, where digging can actually be very enjoyable

Meh, woodcutting could be balanced a little more with digging, but I think it's fine to have mining give more, being as, it's something like what, 15 seconds tops for digging/woodcutting as a newbie, whereas mining starts at 32 second timer?  Seems fine to me.

Woodcutting could be made more intesting though.  Woodcutting is just something that needs doing, where digging can actually be very enjoyable

Mining takes longer to get skill too.

I enjoy woodcutting and mining too, but i don't like digging much. It's down to personal preference.

How bout if the tree when it is felled left a stump that requires to be dug up after.

How bout if the tree when it is felled left a stump that requires to be dug up after.

No, that sounds like a wholly unnecessary and grossly annoying update.

I also think the title should be changed back to Warden :(

Digging gives poo for strength

wurm200905292101_1-1.png

Keep in mind digging raises faster than mining and woodcutting. alot faster at that. It wouldn't surprise me if more people have [Digger] than [Trollslayer] :P

+1 to the suggestion.