Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

healing

can someone clean this up for healing.  I just use high power only and hardly fight so don't use it too much.  But edits have happened and pages don't match up anymore.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Healing_Guide

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wound

one says fixed 10 damage from a severe, one says fixed 15 damage as a good example.

I used to go by the old damage/3 rule to give the damage per tick but someone before said it had changed.  now it seems changed on wiki too.

also bruises i've had heal as high damage medium and i never used healing covers on them but not much is said about that at all.

the info should match.  also clean up the medium wound, it states a hc is requied but this is not true.  Many times i let my medium heal on it's own and it used to be based on the damage/3 rule and if bandaged it would be enough to heal at 17 or below i think if I remember right which is still a medium wound.  I suppose you could consider 'treatment' to be a bandage and not a hc but everyone always seems surprised you may not need a hc and so the general info out there is a bit off.

if you need i can help out on test server when i'm around.

• Like 1

I can't test in game, but the fact that a lot of the information doesn't match makes me believe that all of it is at least partially incorrect. I tried the given formula on the healing guide, and the solution does not match anything else. Using an initial wound damage of 8, the formula gave an end damage of about 5.67 after the tick, which conflicts with the stated end damage of 4 in the examples section. To make things worse, that "example" lists a change of -4 (1-5), indicating a heal of 4 points. The formula indicates that this change is about -2.33. Then the wound page lists a fixed base change of -8, which would fully heal the wound. Obviously, more testing is needed to determine new values or even a new formula.

What do you mean by "high damage medium"? Do you mean in the higher range of medium wounds? If so, then something is definitely off, as the formula gives an end damage of about 33.67 without a bandage, or 32.67 without, which would indicate that a 29 damage wound cannot heal itself regardless of bandaging.

Also to note is the fact that water damage (drowning) heals itself regardless of wound size and rotting touch/infection wounds have a different regen rate - they can supposedly increase in size below a medium as opposed to healing, and will heal slower with covers on. This could get very complicated.

Seems to be a fixed rate now depend on wound severity. Since nutrition matters for healing rate now I don't know base rate but with 93 nutrition:

All medium healed 2

All bad damaged 1

severe damaged 1.5

bandage only added 0.5

Healing cover also about 0.5 per power but need better testing.

This thread is form over teo years ago. But once i get home and am back on my computer I will take a look. The first link that Mamadarkness posted (the healing guide) is going to be outdated due to it being a olayer made guide. We can no longer edit player made guides. With such a small wiki team it is just to much work to keep up with that information. 

I've been planning on rewriting the healing guide entirely, but for various reasons haven't done so yet, and don't have access to my home PC lately so I can't get my hands on the information I gathered for this.

The information is there and has been confirmed; it's just a matter of writing it all up.

• Like 1