Sign in to follow this  
Da_Vinci

Basements - Building under houses

As the topic says, Basements? I think it would be great to be able to build under our houses and create basements. What do you think? :)

Edited by Da_Vinci
  • Like 2

What do you think? :)

Impossible due to game engine iirc.

Not impossible.  People used to do it on Wild.  In fact, when I was on Wild, I had nearly completed my house over a mine door.  Rolf disabled the feature only hours before I would have finished my house with a basement.

But that's a mine under a house, not a basement, so writ perms, beds and house stuff wouldn't work.

Ah, real basements as part of the house would be a problem, agreed.  You could approximate it by building a house next to a very high slope, but yea.

As already said, would be very very difficult to implement - so many checks to make, like dirt level to rock and are there any mines below etc etc.  What would  happen if the house was to decay or be destroyed, what would happen to the 'space' below.

Great idea, but probably wouldn't work in the wurm we know.

Ah, real basements as part of the house would be a problem, agreed.  You could approximate it by building a house next to a very high slope, but yea.

I did not check, but I recall people doing a donut house and a minedoor inside. That would be another approximation of having an actual basement.

I did not check, but I recall people doing a donut house and a minedoor inside. That would be another approximation of having an actual basement.

You can, but a mine cannot be created on flat rock, so the donut has to have a 3x3 hole in the middle, can't just be a 1x1, so it uses a lot of space and isn't especially 'basementy'

You can, but a mine cannot be created on flat rock, so the donut has to have a 3x3 hole in the middle, can't just be a 1x1, so it uses a lot of space and isn't especially 'basementy'

DON'T BURST MY BUBBLE! :(