Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Challenge - Build the Battlefield!

now you need to merge epic cluster into freedom cluster then this would be ok. :)

Please don't give them any ideas, that WOULD kill epic off then

I think the first questions which comes to mind is this:

Why are you splitting the PvP community even more considering it is already stretched far enough between two clusters?

Why dont you improve the Epic so that it represents something more like this rather then making a completely new cluster?

Probably because they are experimenting with a monthly reset thing to see how it works out. Would you really want to test out something like that on existing servers, especially when full resets (server + skills) are involved? That's probably also why everybody has premium for free on that server for now, to encourage people to try it out so they can collect more data on it. Maybe they will learn some things from this test and modify Epic or Chaos then, but I think it's a very good thing they are testing this out on a new server instead of messing up an existing one during the testing process.

• Like 4

I think something like this that would only be available on current PVP servers could be cool.

A server that links Chaos and Epic for a challenge. Skills would all be the same while on this temp server.

• Like 2

This sounds like Epic 2.0 and is just more segregation of an already way to small community.

Strategic resource spawn points and new raiding functionalities could for the same ease be imlemented on Chaos and Epic.

Why not fix the current issues? Sounds like a lot of fun. Cant wait to try it out.

Don't like the idea of a new server, spreading the population even more. I would like to see changes on epic or chaos instead. Why not implement this idea on the current servers?  :o

• Like 1

3 changes i would make:

1. merge freedom + epic (skills readjusted with math based on curve)
  2. a portal where we could teleport our main chars to new battle server with full gear and full skill
  3. if u die on that server u cant reenter it for the duration. Hardcore perma death. All loot and reward u bring back to main server.
Edited by Tissotx
  • Like 5

I think the first questions which comes to mind is this:

Why are you splitting the PvP community even more considering it is already stretched far enough between two clusters?

Why dont you improve the Epic so that it represents something more like this rather then making a completely new cluster?

qft

the pvp community is already the smallest

and this challenges thing was practically advertised at epics release, and pretty much skimmed every feature listed.

• Like 2

Why not instead make a mini-game that is accessible to anybody in-game from every server. Could have it everyone starts with the same skills or keep current skills. Everyone starts with the same gear. Then just a simple system where you capture villages and towers to gain influence for your team and kill other players, points slowly add up for the duration of the mini-game (probably something like a week) depending on how much influence you have. Every team gets titles/rewards based on where they finish.

This is a far better idea as anybody can access it from anywhere, meaning you're bringing the community together. Because no gear loss, even freedom people would try it.

Edited by warrior
  • Like 7

So this is what I heard Epic was supposed to be when it started(or at least that was what I was told by the oldies).

I just don't understand this move.

3 changes i would make:

1. merge freedom + epic (skills readjusted with math based on curve)

a portal where we could teleport our main chars to new battle server with full gear and full skill

if u die on that server u cant reenter it for the duration. Hardcore perma death. All loot and reward u bring back to main server.

Oh.. So the guy with 90+ of many skills dies over there and looses all of his months of grinding? Seems like more rage quitting and less players.

• Like 1

What's the long term goal for players on this? You get your name on a score board at the end of a month of fighting? That's it?

You make a character, that then gets wiped. All your work gets wiped from the server at the reset. Nothing you accomplished remains. 

Meh....invest time in fixing bugs rather than releasing something that already exists in a tweaked up form

Never seen a game with more potential than this, but neither have I ever seen a game with more bugs and broken things and 'wogic' responses (and the number of bugs grew since I joined instead of shrinking)

Remember your origins and how dedicated people were back then to a game with low-end graphics... the old wurm community - the one that helped you start up, doesnt need bling or spinoffs

Too much money grab, too little what the original wurm was about

Edited by Thorakkanath
  • Like 4

What's the long term goal for players on this? You get your name on a score board at the end of a month of fighting? That's it?

You make a character, that then gets wiped. All your work gets wiped from the server at the reset. Nothing you accomplished remains. 

Sounds like a rather shitty idea for a server

This isn't for us. This is for new players over Christmas who may eventually tire of resets and start over on Freedom or what comes after Chaos (lets face it, as soon as traders vanish so does the server). 

I don't think it's going to take away too many people who are already heavily invested in Freedom / Chaos / Epic but it will give people a chance to try PVP superlite for something different and talk to the proper noobs (who knows, maybe a Steam Greenlight is around the corner?) who will learn about the wonders of the real Wurm from the tourists and come spend their monies on my gear.

Or yours. Whatever.

It's a hook. And a good one at that.

• Like 3

What Warrior said, just make it a "quick instance" map available from every server instead. With like different "weekend competitions" that gives everybody an escape from their "real world" aka Freedom/Epic, where you could just go for some silly fun. That wouldnt separate the community even more like this idea would.

Honestly, i would never play on a server with skill resets. (When i started playing on epic the idea of skill resets had been overturned and i wouldnt have started otherwise)

Edited by permo
  • Like 5

Wow... That could bring Wurm to the top. If you guys do it right you could turn Wurm into a huge success story.

Edited by Goldenflamer

Please don't mess with Epic! I don't mind if players leave Epic to do this new thing but I like grinding hard and am appalled at the thought of resets. I just want to stay on Epic grinding away forever :)

• Like 2

Lame... i hope you didnt waste too much time on this project as tbh it would have been better spent improving the current systems and gameplay rather than just throwing more time into standalone concepts which just increase your workload and reduce the time and resources put into current features...

• Like 5

Get the hell out of here with new maps. Just add the features that are good to the already existing servers. No need to spread the population out even more. Are you trying to ruin the game?

• Like 4

I like the idea that some have mentioned already, and that is to make it so anyone can portal to the challenge server from there current server to join in the fun. I agree that this would bring the community together rather than segregate it and would provide a much better turn out to the challenge.

I plan on trying it out, but to continue to play on this challenge server I would need to be convinced to split my time between freedom and this.

• Like 2