Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Challenge - Build the Battlefield!

personal deeds on pvp servers are in general a bad idea. that info is still accurate and yes poorly defended deeds will be easily raided and drained.

my suggestion is to try to get in with a group of people. power in numbers.

At the end of challenge the deeds will be disbanded. (if still have coin for upkeep). and the owner will receive the standard half of upkeep back at the end.

So basically you only need enough upkeep to pay for the month and your guards (if you have any).

At the end of challenge the deeds will be disbanded. (if still have coin for upkeep). and the owner will receive the standard half of upkeep back at the end.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that.

However, if it's applied to a server where it's not you who chooses to disband, but rather the game itself that imposes it, then there is something profoundly unethical about this. And it is there that this whole Challenge server which nobody seems to want makes sense for the dev team: it's a cash grab.

Edited by Vetarnic

However, if it's applied to a server where it's not you who chooses to disband, but rather the game itself that imposes it, then there is something profoundly unethical about this. And it is there that this whole Challenge server which nobody seems to want makes sense for the dev team: it's a cash grab.

One final thought - I see a lot of posts fearing that this will split the PvP community more, but you're forgetting that this might be the thing to push some PvE players over to PvP for the first time. For myself personally, the idea of PvP in Wurm isn't appealing, simply because when you die, you're out of action for a week while you re-craft all of your lost items, armour, weapons. 

WTF?

Many people write nonsense but the developer is required to better idea.

Epic was destroyed by bad changes over the last year.

• Like 2

This post will likely get largely overlooked considering how large this thread is already, but here's my view on it:

Every time a new server or idea comes up, there are always a few posts asking for something like this, "Why not have a small server that resets every x months?". This is that.

In order to make the resets less harsh, there are largely sped up gains and action timers - this is great.

Back when Epic first came out, there were a TON of people that tried it our for a month or two, then slowly drifted away - so a server that is constantly reliving that first month might work, though this remains to be seen. What better way to figure it out than testing it though - I know I'll likely be heading over there with a new char to give it a go.

One final thought - I see a lot of posts fearing that this will split the PvP community more, but you're forgetting that this might be the thing to push some PvE players over to PvP for the first time. For myself personally, the idea of PvP in Wurm isn't appealing, simply because when you die, you're out of action for a week while you re-craft all of your lost items, armour, weapons. A server that resets monthly with faster gains/timers? That is pretty much the thing that would tip me towards giving PvP an honest try, because losing that stuff won't really matter in the long run since everything will be deleted anyway.

I think it's an interesting take on things, and will definitely be playing there for the first month at least - what's the worst that could happen, the server doesn't pan out and the idea is cancelled? Cool, then back to Freedom. No need to bash this thing into the ground immediately without being given the chance to experience it for ourselves.

Hello Budda

As i cannot speak for majority(but am sure many people feel the same) i'll just speak for myself. As a paying customer i really didn't expect a new server to come, a new server that may even worsen my current in game experience(especially on epic cluster). I really expected developement time(for which i partially paid) was used for improving my ingame experience and for fixing what we have now... for example a thing that you already mentioned like wurm combat or memory leaks, or anything else that will let me feel some progress. I think developers should focus on people who actually are paying their monthly fee instead of chaising "TON of people that tried it our for a month or two, then slowly drifted away" .

• Like 2