Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Challenge - Build the Battlefield!

The only thing i can agree on is this needs a portal and if you want to make some money off the server to pay for itself charge a one time fee for each mission/challenge cycle  when they first enter. After the cycle has been paid then we can teleport over as much as we like with a timer like for epic.  Then when the cycle is complete the characters get automatically teleported back to refresh the map/missions. 

One question I do have about this server is, why would you want to spend money a deed on this server? If it lasts for a month then decay protection is out. Protecting your stuff is also a lot less relevant as it will only be there for a month anyway. So why spend money on a deed and guards if what you could protect is effectively useless?

Sounds to me like this entire server shouldn't use silver, because it's just pointless on a server that resets so often.

It is sad to Watch like my beloved game dying because of such stupid ideas and splitting PvP community. Is It realy THE END of real Wurm?

Edited by Gamurin
  • Like 1

Im losing faith in the direction wurms going.. i thought with all this new content and new models you guys were finally focusing on what youve already got.. and the moment you just seem to not be able to make up your mind to what exactly wurm should be and your only shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like 1

Could you possibly give us an idea of how long you envision each 'season' to last? 

I mean, if we're talking months and months, there is no reason to play on Epic and Chaos any more, no one is going to want to grind in two places. 

But if each one is short enough that the winner isn't automatically the person who turbonerds the longest to get the best skills each time, if there is some point to coordination and team work, it could be interesting. 

One tough thing about pvp is that no one wants to lose the things they spent so long or so much time acquiring - if I'm not afraid to lose my stuff I'm a lot more likely to throw myself whole-heartedly into pvp.

I am not as skeptical as a lot of people here.  I'm willing to give this a chance, if done right I think it has tons of potential.

One thing tho, if someone pays for a deed and the world resets to often, why would anyone waste money on a 1 month or less deed?

Also what about dirt walls? They take weeks to make. Other than that, it seems like a nice project however i hope it is accessible from anywhere and it will not just be a new server, make some sort of portal that you can enter, you do not keep items or skills when you use it just like the freedom-epic portal.

Edited by ownerpure5

Rolf can't fix existing features, only add broken new ones.

Epic features are broken since the start, better add a new server with new features that won't get implemented.

• Like 1

Hi,

will you guys ever learn that it's just a small minority that enjoys your "PvP" in Wurm at all?

Will you guys ever learn that Wurm is insanely great in a whole number of things - but PvP isn't among these?

Will you guys ever realize that it takes quite a lot more but a new server, to make Wurm the PvP game Rolf dreams of?

Wurm is IMHO, regarding PvP, among the least appealing games I ever played. Wurm PvP combat is primitive, dull, and poorly coded. You need to have certain armor, and certain weapons, and certain mounts, and all opponets will have them, too ... (As it is to be read in this forum, by the PvP ppl)

Active balancing doesn't exist, and any tries to are blocked anyway by the unhappy connection to the PvE code (that's where the money comes from, for such experiments ...)

(Have you guys ever tried GuildWars?)

With this, the already poor PvP population will be stretched even more (they'll rejoice, be sure!), while the PvE population will suffer from even more delays when it comes to removing bugs - they now learn that all development power is on another PvP adventure ... (they'll rejoice, too, be sure!)

Will you guys ever learn how to handle a game, and how to handle your customers?

Will you guys ever learn NOT to shoot your own feet?

I'd not mind any improvement of PvP at all - Wurm urgently needs such, IMHO!

I'd not mind any improvement of the current PvP situation at all - what my PvP brethren tell me, it's urgently needed!

But wasting precious development time to such an adventure, well, you lost me here.

Will you guys ever learn?

Have fun!

PS: Actually this isn't a this bad an idea. Epic should have been like this, wasn't it promised this way back then?

But now, a 3rd PvP server - you're kidding?

Edited by Xandra
  • Like 4

A server with a new action packed, competitive version of Wurm!

Challenge is a very different platform where we will host competitive games with different themes and goals.

Each challenge ends in a Scoreboard of all participants, winners of prizes and a total reset of both World and Skills.

So each challenge we start will be unique and everyone starts with the same stats.

The only thing you keep between rounds is titles earned, any remaining currency you have and what you are refunded from deeds etc.

We will announce that, prizes and competitive categories later.

The aim with this very new take on Wurm is to have a place for those who want as little grind as possible and focus on fun and competitive play.

Keeping this in mind let me list some of the core features in the initial Challenge.

• New Raid functionality which will include things like more siege weapons, defensive turrets and expanded functionality for the guard towers.

• Ultra fast skilling even on failed actions.

Super short timers.

No repair for walls and fences while in combat.

Strategic Resource spawn points which gives the kingdom that controls them an abundance of building and crafting materials.

The first challenge will last one month and we’ll see how it feels

Initially we will make this available for you free of charge so everyone can try it out.

So every account will be premium on the challenge server.

It is completely separate from all other servers and you can not travel there except from the tutorial area.

You will need to create a new account specifically for the challenge server.

Question.

Is this the usual, tired Kingdom vs Kingdom affair or completely open, village vs village, alliance vs alliance or what?

Best part is, this is probably rolfs secret project, another thing  he spent a lot of time on that shows how out of touch he is with his playerbase.

• Like 2

Hi,

will you guys ever learn that it's just a small minority that enjoys your "PvP" in Wurm at all?

Will you guys ever learn that Wurm is insanely great in a whole number of things - but PvP isn't among these?

Will you guys ever realize that it takes quite a lot more but a new server, to make Wurm the PvP game Rolf dreams of?

Wurm is IMHO, regarding PvP, among the least appealing games I ever played. Wurm PvP combat is primitive, dull, and poorly coded. You need to have certain armor, and certain weapons, and certain mounts, and all opponets will have them, too ... (As it is to be read in this forum, by the PvP ppl)

Active balancing doesn't exist, and any tries to are blocked anyway by the unhappy connection to the PvE code (that's where the money comes from, for such experiments ...)

(Have you guys ever tried GuildWars?)

With this, the already poor PvP population will be stretched even more (they'll rejoice, be sure!), while the PvE population will suffer from even more delays when it comes to removing bugs - they now learn that all development power is on another PvP adventure ... (they'll rejoice, too, be sure!)

Will you guys ever learn how to handle a game, and how to handle your customers?

Will you guys ever learn NOT to shoot your own feet?

I'd not mind any improvement of PvP at all - Wurm urgently needs such, IMHO!

I'd not mind any improvement of the current PvP situation at all - what my PvP brethren tell me, it's urgently needed!

But wasting precious development time to such an adventure, well, you lost me here.

Will you guys ever learn?

Have fun!

PS: Actually this isn't a this bad an idea. Epic should have been like this, wasn't it promised this way back then?

But now, a 3rd PvP server - you're kidding?

PvP in wurm can be very fun when there are players, it is not because you do not enjoy it that nobody does.

maybe the challenge server will be a decent testbed for improvements they want to make in the pvp/combat generally

I think they are feeling 'twitchy' about LiF...

also - I think the challenge server could quite easily be something which people don't play on all the time. At the moment the devs have no way of creating 'pvp special events' and if skills/equipment don't really matter (or are already provided) then you could see people logging in for the few hours these special events last for. As a reference from another game I use WW2OL which has intermissions between campaigns and special events hosted on different servers.

Edited by robino

You know those moves certain companies does that kills off a large chunk of it's playerbase and everyone later on talks about how stupid it was?

This is one of those moves.

You devs have had enough warnings from the pvp community already in this thread.

You will end up killing the pvp community if you try to divide it further, a major problem in wurm is the LACK of people to pvp with and you want to DIVIDE it further...

ps.

try to implement "New Raid functionality which will include things like more siege weapons, defensive turrets and expanded functionality for the guard towers." without adding it on the other servers and ALL of the pvp community will permanently hate you.

People ALREADY suggest a merge between epic and chaos due to LACK OF PEOPLE.

STOP

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 9

New servers is the solution to everything according to the devs.

Just a few more years and every player will have a server to play on alone.

At the rate things are going, soon we will have more servers than we have players. 

Just an update for the devs on player response. On the current poll, 36 players have casted a vote on whether they want the challene server or not, and 98% voted they do not want it. 1 person has voted in favor of the server

I just agree why?

We have an already split pvp community that isn't very big,

ADDING MAPS DOES NOT FIX FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEMS!

How about alter the HotA so it connects chaos and epic so players teleport into a zone that everyone gets a big standard 70/70/70 account and gear and they fight, die, have fun what ever and come home with a reward like the moon metals and statues...

Not allowing current accounts to the server is just another slap in the face for the players who have played for a long time and find your pay cheque...

Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 3

So with this being free for everyone (at least in the beginning), what is funding the dev time spent on this?

It sounds like you just want to create a server where skilling is fast and noone cares about dying to entice non-PvP players to give it a shot; to me it sounds like half of this could be achieved by just creating a new very small tournament (ie HoTA) map that people can teleport in from any server with their existing gear/skills and fight to the death with zero loss of gear or skills; just a fun server where people teleport in and duke it out for some small reward (ie glimmersteel)

As is; the PvP playerbase is really small and split over 2 servers; it's nice to read about all the plans you have for this server with leaderboards and whatnot but similar things were suggested for Epic and they never came to fruition; Epic is basically Chaos at the moment with a slightly faster skilling system and a valeri missions system which is completely broken. I don't understand why it would even be a consideration to add a third cluster when the existing ones have serious problems.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 5

You know those moves certain companies does that kills off a large chunk of it's playerbase and everyone later on talks about how stupid it was?

This is one of those moves.

You devs have had enough warnings from the pvp community already in this thread.

You will end up killing the pvp community if you try to divide it further, a major problem in wurm is the LACK of people to pvp with and you want to DIVIDE it further...

ps.

try to implement "New Raid functionality which will include things like more siege weapons, defensive turrets and expanded functionality for the guard towers." without adding it on the other servers and ALL of the pvp community will permanently hate you.

People ALREADY suggest a merge between epic and chaos due to LACK OF PEOPLE.

STOP

Agreed, good points. 10/10 would read again.

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 2

-1, Spreading the PvP community even futher is a very bad idea.. Merge the pvp servers into one or improve on the existing servers.

Almost all of the PvP community are asking for these plea's to be heard, now complete opposite happens  :huh:.

Edited by Karel