Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Challenge - Build the Battlefield!

I Do not understand the hate, i mean yes it is a new pvp server but who said you were forced to join it? It is most likely addressed to newer players who hate having to grind body for 2 months before even dealing 4% of DMG on a pvp battle. Are you guys implying that you are going to leave your precious homes and yourself stretch the community even further?

Are you guys implying that you are going to leave your precious homes and yourself stretch the community even further?

Sorry, but what?

It is most likely addressed to newer players who hate having to grind body for 2 months before even dealing 4% of DMG on a pvp battle.

What do you even?  Have you even been on the right side of a tab to know what pvp is even like?

• Like 2

I don't for one moment believe that newer players stand a chance on this ultra-fast pvp server.

Ultra-fast just means that the more knowledgeable group about grinding - and the one able to commit large chunks of time to the game - will dominate after 48 hrs.

While the newbs still look for that iron vein, the veterans will come descending on them in plate.

I fail to see the point of this except giving those veteran pvp players who look for more intense action a playing field (which is completely valid IMO) - but it won't be for new people, sorry.

Edited by Marshlander
  • Like 2

Reset's every month are why its good for new people, first time round they might fail hard, next time round they learn from their mistakes.... it turns new players into better pvpers through trial and error and most likely creates groups.

None of us know how this will turn out based off previous ventures from Rolf, no matter how many times things are promised to be 1 thing we can pretty much guarantee they will something different different... PvP is a hard thing to get right for a game like Wurm because it really isn't designed for that purpose and with PvP comes a passionate player base that want to improve their gaming experience but a lot of the time with biased views so you end up with an already bad mechanic getting either worse or going round in circles due to mixed messages or a stubborn group.

There will always be people who claim Chaos is the place to be for PvP and there will be people who claim Epic is where people should go to PvP and in between will be people who don't know which to spend their time on and so on. Rolf made huge mistakes by splitting the PvPers and now it seems like another split will happen BUT I hope it will be matched with defined control, Rolf needs to stop trying to play nice guy all the time and just cut his losses and start fresh.

Personally I would be happy to see Chaos and Epic both go and have one central location for every PvPer.

• Like 4

dont think they should make a new server but wnt be effecting me cause i play pve

It will fail hard ... in theory Wurm seems to be a great PVP game but in practice the lack of nice animations and rather boring combat system will always just attract a handful PVP enthusiasts. For me this new server is a joke and fixing the Epic idea would be a much better option ... This will just spread even more the already thin population.   

i dont know how long it takes to get to 95 fight skill on chaos but im guessing years?

epic you can get  70 fight skill in 2 days and 95 fight skill in a month if you know what your doing.

so i dont really see the point of the new server.

I haven't played in wurm for years and only come back to check for any new updates every now-n-again. I always loved the concept of wurm but could never completely get into it due to my character being stuck on Affliction and being unable to find a nice group there to play with. I considered creating a new character for the launch of Xanadu, but PvP is more my style and I was saddened to find out it was strictly PvE.

I would come back to wurm, buy premium and all the jazz - if this server opened up.

If anything it will create a gateway for us 'new' players to learn how to PvP before we grind and lose ourselves on Epic.

• Like 2

should merg epic and freedom before started a 3rd pvp server

how do your merge the skills and when some people are 2 different types of priests?

I think this would be an idea way to advertise a new combat system with new animations.  But to do throw people into this now with the text combat scrolling by on the screen is going to be a mistake.

Because in reality, we would never get epics player base to agree to server cross wipes on both skills and land right?

IDK why not? That is what epic was sold to us as in the beginning we were all on board....

I am one of those that decided to get both more deeds and more premed toons after that ddos and the move to the (better?) servers abroad.
I felt this was an awesome game and I wanted to support more time for Rolf and the devs to work on it.

The game we already had, that is.
And bridges...

And then we got Xanadu.
And then our homeservers sort of died,
Ok, so I got more toons and more deeds...
Ofc I can't bring my animals so I kept the deeds on the homeserver also.
Added some more to my monthly cost and support.

But recent changes in game has already made me decide to downgrade thou,
and now it turns out the devs used my and our money for this?
Feels like a move aimed to attract those that don't like the grinding game it really is,
feels a bit like CC can't decide what sort of players they want to attract.
I've decided I'll downgrade some more. :(

• Like 1

Im actually looking forward to the new pvp server. Im gonna make a new toon and enjoy carefree high-risk-pvping and general unresponsible behaviour. I hope the grinding really will be gone as I have no time or will for it since the server will be reset after 30days.

• Like 1

Like this "if you're ready?" ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V                               

Edited by Aetherion
  • Like 1

How will meditation work? is there still going to be the time between ranks? so no chance at rank 11?

How will meditation work? is there still going to be the time between ranks? so no chance at rank 11?

• Like 1

well some of the paths like love and hate would still be relative, but power and insanity wouldn't even with the skill on fails. Due to the wait between currently.

Just an idea, but how about renaming the kingdoms to ones not related to chaos and epic?

It'd allow people to choose whatever area they think looks best, rather than choosing the one they're apart of in chaos or epic. Besides this, it'd make it more likely that all the players are spread out a fair bit more between all the kingdoms, since MR's population is highest on chaos.

It's a really simple idea(that would be really easy to implement) and it'd make things simpler for alot of players to simply choose the landscape they like best.

Edited by williamwierd

Will there be more than 1 map we can rotate randomly each 3 month, after a few challenges? 

Could rotate the start city's too. 

Example: Challenge 1-3 this map. 1: MR in the NW, JK in the SE, BL in the SW, then 2: MR in the SW, BL in the SE, JK in the NW. then 3: MR in SE, BL in NW, JK in SW.

Challenge  4-6 different map. 

Down the road, I'd like to see 3-5 maps in total to switch between to keep everything fresh and new. 

Edited by Aetherion
  • Like 4

Since I haven't played on the PvP servers before, I have to rely on the Wurmpedia for information, which has in the past turned out to be occasionally woefully outdated. So, is this still accurate, and am I correct in assuming that this will also apply to Challenge (perhaps with some adjustments as to figures)?:

"On the Wild and Epic servers, citizens of the enemy kingdom can drain your token once all your deed guards are dead. An enemy draining your token will remove 15% of the monthly upkeep cost from the upkeep fund, of which the drainer receives half. Upkeep cost is treated as always being at least 5 silver, which gives a minimum drain of 75 copper (37.5 to the drainer). A drain can occur once every 24 real-time hours. Every time a deed is drained, the drained amount will increase by 50%. This is reset if the deed is not drained for 2 days. Enemies can drain from an adjacent tile and do not need to be on the same tile as the token, even if there is a wall or palisade in the way."

(Source: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Settlement )

The thing is I already can't possibly imagine anyone buying a deed that can be drained this way, so imagine if you were to tell me that the map is going to be wiped after a month anyway...

I suspect you don't and can't build defenses for a stronghold designed to last a month in the same way that you build one that's expected to last six months or more. (Even with the skill boosts, it still takes time.) Aren't you in fact going to end up with a server full of badly protected deeds hastily put together that other people will be able to raid and drain almost immediately?

If these mechanics are unchanged in Challenge, I'd be extremely wary about putting down a deed, and I don't think it's a coincidence that this server is being announced while the mechanics allow for Rolf & Co. to collect half of what's getting drained...

Edited by Vetarnic