Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Tapestry Competition!

Alyeska there are at least 5 or 6 from your set that I would make at least one tapestry of, maybe several copies ^_^

I especially love  Forest Giant, Horse, Shoreline, Livestock, Garden

I also adore AbsolutelyNobody's Golden Caravel, Nordvind78's Herne the Hunter, Kegan's Man vs Bear, Ehizellbob's Tall Ship at Sunset, several of Zalifears (especially the first two), and almost everything  in this thread featuring nature and trees.

I want to see about 12 of these designs ingame!!!

If there is only one winner please have a dozen "honorable mentions" that make it too

Perhaps one new one added per month???

RedBaron_Johan this was a brilliant idea and I hope we see many of these in our homes the coming year. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

TKnE5AJl.jpg

Thats looking so cool, you got it in a higher resolution too?

I hope this gets ingame :)

Edited by Army
  • Like 2

Thanks,

I have it in high resolution aswell. Could also do the same with other screenshots pretty easily.

My desktop background is crying tears of joy.

Can we just make the whole game look like this?

In the style of "ingame wurm"  and "cattle and pumpkins" (wink wink)- omg I want to be able to make paintings ingame so badly now. (Is there a limit on submitted designs? I just love look through my screenshots to make these pictures!)

Festival Cove Collosi, Deathcrawler Minion, Black Dragon & Farms

collosi-painting-small.png

deathcrawler%20-%20painting-small.png

dragon-painting-small.png

farms-painting-small.png

Since people like the screenshot submissions so much, I decided to try my hand at a couple of my own. I know they said that we don't have to make it look like it's on a tapestry but I found that it really added something when I did. I may play around with some of the medieval woodcut styles too and see if I can come up with anything.

Xanadu

GQbqoSo.jpg

Habour

lb7regi.jpg

Bear Riders (players: Journeya and Seancarl)

RINFubu.jpg

Scorpion Rainbow

M3UOv8c.jpg

Guard Tower

twOTIkj.jpg

Battlefield

6wA0Kc5.jpg

Lake Rainbow

V0AD6az.jpg

Inn

wGlYJXO.jpg

Meditation

vYQKT18.jpg

Hope

HZFN48M.jpg

Mountain Rainbow

BqLQNwN.jpg

Colossus Lake

eyrNZZO.jpg

Ravenstone

d7m09pG.jpg

Devout

8uLklXj.jpg

• Like 9

I agree that all the screenshot tapestries look great and I would love to see some of them added to the game but I feel like the people who have put a lot of effort into creating paintings or drawings for the competition should get higher priority in winning, Seems a bit cheaty to me if you just take a screenshot and slap a filter or two on it :P

I am going to build this HUGE new 20x20 five story building that has no other purpose, than to display my new tapestry collection.

I WANT THEM ALL.

I also agree that original art deserves our special appreciation.But  I don't think the screenshots are "cheaty" only because I think the winners are the players, not the people who submitted the entries. And if we have a dozen "winning" entries, not just one, this can be reinforced.

(There is as far as I know, no "prize". If there were, I would want that prize awarded to an original work of art.)

• Like 3

Loving some of these, particularly from Alyeska (Sea Serpent, Meadow, Garden, Caravel are my favs) and Brash (all really), although Lulus's painting is my favorite - I would love to see this through the filter.

Using specific named locations as the subject matter seems a bad idea. They will lose their context before long.

• Like 1

wow, so much nice work.I have to say the Sea serpent by Aleyska is my favorite,

I heard the summon of Brash_Endeavors....

Not sure if I have time to enter, I am gravely occupied on work, and pretty sure those screenshots rendering looks better than my cartoony stuffs. But wurm is free to use my already-made images for this (or anything else honestly, just let me know).

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

I am posting this submission for my wife, Awen, of Astoria! This is an original work she just completed.

10750274_10203136877929713_4811903761791

• Like 5

Since people like the screenshot submissions so much, I decided to try my hand at a couple of my own. I know they said that we don't have to make it look like it's on a tapestry but I found that it really added something when I did. I may play around with some of the medieval woodcut styles too and see if I can come up with anything.

Xanadu

GQbqoSo.jpg

Habour

lb7regi.jpg

Bear Riders (players: Journeya and Seancarl)

RINFubu.jpg

Scorpion Rainbow

M3UOv8c.jpg

Guard Tower

twOTIkj.jpg

Battlefield

6wA0Kc5.jpg

Lake Rainbow

V0AD6az.jpg

Inn

wGlYJXO.jpg

Meditation

vYQKT18.jpg

Hope

HZFN48M.jpg

Mountain Rainbow

BqLQNwN.jpg

Colossus Lake

eyrNZZO.jpg

Ravenstone

d7m09pG.jpg

Devout

8uLklXj.jpg

The devout one is awesome! Actually the fact that you  went the extramile to put it into tapestry frames likes this is awesome. Very good work/submission. Really want.

I also loved "Devout" -- there is something very appealing about the monochrome background and the faithful in the brighter colors. This is another one that will go great in both personal living areas as well as "holy churches".  I also liked from that same series "Xanadu," "Meditation", "Inn" and "Guard Tower," but Devout was one of my favorite of the whole thread.

I'd like to see several categories of winners, please!:

1) Best Original Work ("not a screenshot", give this one the #1 slot)

2) Best Landscape

3) Best Daily Living

4) Best Adventure & Combat

5) Best Devotional

6) Best Wildlife

7) Best Abstract

8) Best Buildings and Architecture

Maybe people can even nominate/vote for their favorites in each category, unless the art team would like to maintain control over "winners" so that they can select the ones that best fit actually implementing them into the game. 

(I need to think up a few more categories to further my PLOT if getting them to pick at least a dozen total ^_^)

"...and then lets paint a happy little bush over here. I know its not actually there, but it will be our secret."

This! This is what we want! More interaction with Artisans Bench! :D

Been painting since 5 years old.

[iMAGE]

I've never stated that I was the official painter of this object. Only making other to assume it was.

I apologize for my trolling. :)

Edited by Easter
  • Like 41

This! This is what we want! More interaction with Artisans Bench! :D

Been painting since 5 years old.

TiCByG7.jpg

I would love this one! I hope it wins 

There are so many good entries, but if I had to vote for one, it would be Easter.

Figured I tried something nobody else has done yet:

1lISQqOl.jpg

OH that is NICE

I would love to see this one ingame

• Like 1

Hello Everyone! 

I decided to give it a try as well :) But I have question to Devs. Are you looking for textured screenshots or you need some inspirational art works with medieval motifs and patterns? Whatever it is I think I can be useful to you.

I am freelance 2D artist and professional photographer. I work for stock agencies around world and my main customers are game developers, website designers, advertisement companies etc

If you looking for different art work and interesting texture techniques here are some of my art ( which I sell as limited edition prints ) that maybe suitable for Wurm.There is no copyright issue because all art is my and  all images are high resolution, just PM me and I will send them to you.

Please notice, all frames created by me too and you probably could use them in game as addition to tapestry frames that you have now. I can send those separately as well. These are examples of my work based on my photography and I can turn any screenshot into such art , if it is what you looking for, please let me know and I will upload some nice screenshots with textures, ( textures I used in these images are: burlap, embroidery, tapestry and fresco, only 1 image used filter, the rest created by my own technique ).

I w'd love to see some of my art alive in this game which could be great addition to my portfolio :P

2a5ljs9.jpg

And here are 3 new art works that I created specially for this tapestry contest.But It is not just tapestries, I got different idea ;) what if we could have whole sets with matching tapestries, carpets and new Banners designs? Anyways, these are just examples, I can change anything in these images from texture and color to different frames and elements. All files available separately in any format (psp,psd,jpeg,png)

2yoxu8y.jpg

o9mkba.jpg

ny9ve8.jpg

All elements in images that you just seen belong to my old  collection of textures and psp tubes "Medieval dreams" that I created for sale at old 3DCommune which sadly not exists anymore. But I still have a lot of interesting, high quality textures of wood, metal, stone and isolated images of medieval decor elements . I can convert psp tubes of deco elements into png or psd files and textures are in  high resolution format. To give you idea what else I got, here are few promotional renders that I made for this collection long time ago. As you see, I used some of elements such as door knocker, handle , stone and wood textures and created door just to show how these can be used. It seems it can be useful for Wurm 3D artists. Only few examples, I have more stuff to offer :) Just let me know what you looking for, I might have it!

2mzjk9w.jpg

206etmf.jpg

• Like 5