Sign in to follow this  
Jet

Make Cross Server Pm's Default set to allow Any.

I know this has been floating around for a while. I see it when ever I'm online, and the same explanation in chat every time. Would be especially good for the new players, so why not make Cross server pm's Default set to allow "Any", with the ability to then switch it off you prefer.

Edited by Jet
  • Like 5

good idea +1

further i dont know why this option is implemented, pm´s should be open to all servers at the first time normally

have a nice day

Eject

+1    I get very tired of having to explain how to switch the cross server / kingdom on - ofc it should be on, by default!

+1 Seen it being mentioned loads. It should just be disabled maybe for pvp servers. 

+1 as long as I can opt-out by a toggle and have the game permently remember I want them off. That way we all can still choose. (since I personally don't agree with cross server PMs or GlobalChat being ingame). I can understand why some Players would want this on by default, just don't forget to allow some of us to choose to turn it off again.

Edited by geode

good idea +1

further i dont know why this option is implemented, pm´s should be open to all servers at the first time normally

have a nice day

Eject

To my understanding the option was implemented so that in PvP you can disallow cross server/kingdom PM. As it gives a "[22:43:53] <System> <player> is not currently available, please try again later." message when disallowed or offline and no error message when the person is online, such info can be used strategically (when you checked all scariest enemies and none of them are online, it can be a potentially good time to attack); this option allows for avoiding that info to be obtained if you choose it.

My guess is that it was set to disallow by default when it was first implemented so that PvP people who either missed the implementation or were on a break, still had that set to disallow.

I think it's time for a change in that default now, though. I boldly assume that all new PvP players will get some quick list of things to check/do to get themselves ready to go when joining a kingdom, this 1 option extra on that list won't hurt.

The to my understanding bigger pool of new PvE players tend to only find out about that option after people already try to contact them etc.

+1 to make cross server PMs set to allow any from hereon, for all the new players and such.

Making Cross server pm's not default is very similar to turning global off by default, counter productive in my humble opinion. +1

+ 2 make this default ON for any PM or have a popup when you start your character asking if you like to disable it

Edited by Nyonic

To my understanding the option was implemented so that in PvP you can disallow cross server/kingdom PM.

This thread is about the cross server pm not cross kingdom

greetz Eject

if they change that now everyone will have to re-do their settings, unless it somehow does not affect older player settings.  (Reffering where deed settings for pickup/push/pull were automatically turned ON instead of OFF). 

Edited by whykillme

if they change that now everyone will have to re-do their settings, unless it somehow does not affect older player settings.  (Reffering where deed settings for pickup/push/pull were automatically turned ON instead of OFF). 

If they are able to change just that one setting I don't think this would be half as bad, the worst thing that could possibly happen is someone gets a cross server pm before they turn it off if that's there desired setting.

Edited by Jet

Agreed. This is so hard and confusing for new players, like they don't have enough to do.

Things like THIS are the problem for new players, not eye candy furniture.