Sign in to follow this  
BibiWaffles

Yosemite & 2 clients

Having some issues with the new Mac OS and running 2 clients from the same short-cut. Never had any issues with this before at all on the Mavericks system. 

If i try to download a new installer for Wurm, ofc the wonderful Mac doesn't recognise it as its not an apple product. 

Any tips on what i can do here, unfortunately for me I'm without a PC so my crappy lappy is all i can use for now :(

I have had this issue with Mavericks, if I understand you correctly. After hitting the play button from the Wurm website i get a downloaded file. When opened, it starts the game but also puts a shortcut on my desktop. If I use this shortcut to open Wurm, everything is fine, but then when I use the shortcut to try to open a second client, it just switches to the first client as if I ctrl+tabbed to it.

I've resorted to using the file that was downloaded from the website to open a new client.

That is exactly my issue. With the previous OS i never had this, silly me never created a back-up of my old OS so I'm slapping myself for that now.  

Using the download does work, however its very frustrating than just clicking the dock icon to launch another client up :(

Edited by BibiWaffles

Actually may have found a way to sort this!! Locating the file in finder and then pressing control and click to open seems to have made the shortcut work for multiple clients, not sure if this is fluke or if it is actually a way to get the OS to run clients from the same icon... 

I have always resorted to putting the wurmclient.jnlp file directly on my desktop as opposed to the Wurm icon. It is not as clean as working from the dock, but it is less frustrating

Rename the java file to just Wurm and hide or remove the extension. It still runs. You can even paste the game icon onto that file.

I've always run the below command line in the Terminal:

open -n -a "Wurm Online"