Sign in to follow this  
butterflygirl25

Ideas for new horse color, and animal objects

I love it I love it I love it. Can I press the like button a few more times? +1

• Like 2

+1 000 000

Yes, please yes!

I've been wishing for this from the start as well. It would make breeding so much more exciting and fun. I actually was going to make a suggestion post about this because this weekend I've been making a visual chart of all kinds of colors we could have. But before posting, did a search to see if there were any recent similar suggestions and found your thread, so will share here instead. 

WurmHorseColorsbyMalena.jpg

BUMP and +1 to all suggestions of OP and especially more horse colours!!

• Like 1

BUMP and +1 to all suggestions of OP and especially more horse colours!!

As I was saying before, I'd be absolutely delighted to make the reskins for free if the original assets were provided to me. From what I've understood, Wurm has a lot of things built by the players as well? Can anyone tell me how this process works, who I need to contact etc? 

Understandibly, this is not only about some extra skin files, but to get it working in the game would require the coding side as well and for the game designer to decide whether this is something that would impact the "balance" of game play and also to design the circumstances under which such spawn happens. For instance, it would need the extra effort to make it so that some of these colors would be rarer than others.

Something I think that would be fun as well is that some colors would be genetic mutations - colors that come very very rarely and do not carry over with breeding. It would surely add a whole new element to the value of horses and breeding. Would be so much fun!

Malena I love that chart.  I want you to have my babies!

*Watches as Malena runs screaming*

Wait...what the...?  Oh.  OHHH!! No no, I meant my baby horses!!!  Come back...

+1

• Like 3

As I was saying before, I'd be absolutely delighted to make the reskins for free if the original assets were provided to me. From what I've understood, Wurm has a lot of things built by the players as well? Can anyone tell me how this process works, who I need to contact etc?

Unsure how the devs handle volunteer gfx work now... talk to either Art Dev, Wox or Saroman.

• Like 1

*drools over all the pretty horse colors*

Edited by butterflygirl25

Bump.  Please bring in all of these horse colours!

Secondly, please bring back unicorns!

• Like 3

+1 Please for colours and other suggestions of the OP.  Would get me back into Wurm.

Too many good ideas in this thread = You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.  :huh: 

All of the items in the OP post have been suggested before and I even started threads for a couple of them myself so:

+1 x 1000

From me  :D 

*bumping again with a side note that I always wished we had dun colored horses instead of gray ones as the wild ones - it would feel so more realistic (not to mention I just love the color)*

Unsure how the devs handle volunteer gfx work now... talk to either Art Dev, Wox or Saroman.

Since this thread refuses to die out and people seem really enthusiastic about this, I've sent a message to these guys. Let's see what they answer.

• Like 2

horse tabards for specific kingdoms. have mentioned it earlier, still mentioning it.

• Like 3

Also thought of another good idea, Saddle bags, which would be a little extra space for horse items, such as brush, crop(if implemented) food for horse, Maybe even horse armor?

• Like 1

Also thought of another good idea, Saddle bags, which would be a little extra space for horse items, such as brush, crop(if implemented) food for horse, Maybe even horse armor?

Saddle Bag has been requested before, and unfornately denied as carts already exist as well as player backpacks.

As far as more colors for horses. I'd love to be able to see variations more than just the standard, flat colors. Black, Grey, White, Gold and Brown? Lets see a little more variety, would be wonderful! Even varying degrees of the colors would be nice. Pale Browns, Darker/Lighter Greys, Dark Golden, Pale Yellows..

Varying color degrees would add more to breeding two different horses together than just traits. A black and white horse, giving birth to some Grey Version of horse? ^.^

• Like 1

I would really like to see a new horse color. So was thinking what would be a good addition.

Paint horses! You guys proved you could make multicolored animals, with the Cows. So why not a multi-colored horse? It gets boring seeing the same horse colors. lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Paint_Horse

*Idea*

stars+%25281%2529.jpg

Items I have thought of:

Water Trough; We drink, why cant horses and cattle drink? Usable with a fountain nearby?

Hitching post; and able to 'hitch' an animal to the post.

Riding Crop; Increases speed while riding,

Feed bags, which attach to a halter/bridle, you put like 20x corn in the feed bag and the animal can feed while your away. Or while your riding it. that way you dont have to stop and feed it(especially carted animals)

On that note; Halters for bison, and cattle. For hitching and for attaching the feed bag.

http://www.horse.com/item/nylon-feeder-bag/BSE10/

Its just some ideas. What do you think?

Carted animals will feed while moving, if you pass over grass. ;P Same with riding them, see it all the time in Events.

A hitching post would be nice though. It comes down to you either saddle it, pen the animal or leave it hitched to a cart/wagon.

Personally I rather they be able to roam around in a pen, but for realism purpose on the go, a hitching post would be nice. Adds some Roleplay Emmersion to it.

Riding Crop: I think this might be a little out of place, unless it's intended to 'encourage' an animal to use their speed boosting traits. Then again, the "unmotivated" is suspected to cause the animal to seldomly use them in the first place.

Saddle Bag has been requested before, and unfornately denied as carts already exist as well as player backpacks.

As far as more colors for horses. I'd love to be able to see variations more than just the standard, flat colors. Black, Grey, White, Gold and Brown? Lets see a little more variety, would be wonderful! Even varying degrees of the colors would be nice. Pale Browns, Darker/Lighter Greys, Dark Golden, Pale Yellows..

Varying color degrees would add more to breeding two different horses together than just traits. A black and white horse, giving birth to some Grey Version of horse? ^.^

It is not that they do not want to do saddlebags just that the way horses are currently coded you would have to keep them tame to access the saddlebag contents so that would not be very useful.  Once they get them re--coded to be more vehicle than animal then they might be able to add them and make them useful. 

It is not that they do not want to do saddlebags just that the way horses are currently coded you would have to keep them tame to access the saddlebag contents so that would not be very useful.  Once they get them re--coded to be more vehicle than animal then they might be able to add them and make them useful. 

Well, since now you don't need to have an horse tamed to get full access to inventory, I hope this gets implemented soon.

Well, since now you don't need to have an horse tamed to get full access to inventory, I hope this gets implemented soon.