Sign in to follow this  
butterflygirl25

Ideas for new horse color, and animal objects

I would really like to see a new horse color. So was thinking what would be a good addition.

Paint horses! You guys proved you could make multicolored animals, with the Cows. So why not a multi-colored horse? It gets boring seeing the same horse colors. lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Paint_Horse

*Idea*

stars+%25281%2529.jpg

Items I have thought of:

Water Trough; We drink, why cant horses and cattle drink? Usable with a fountain nearby?

Hitching post; and able to 'hitch' an animal to the post.

Riding Crop; Increases speed while riding,

Feed bags, which attach to a halter/bridle, you put like 20x corn in the feed bag and the animal can feed while your away. Or while your riding it. that way you dont have to stop and feed it(especially carted animals)

On that note; Halters for bison, and cattle. For hitching and for attaching the feed bag.

http://www.horse.com/item/nylon-feeder-bag/BSE10/

Its just some ideas. What do you think?

• Like 22

Add a feed trough (food version of water trough), or just allow trough to hold food OR water, and you get a big +1

• Like 1

+1    A food trough would be good to feed pigs too - could put grass/hay in it for the horses, along with whatever they fancy - and yes, why not a water trough, with a hitching post - other things would be good, like saddle bags ! 

• Like 2

+1 000 000

Yes, please yes!

I've been wishing for this from the start as well. It would make breeding so much more exciting and fun. I actually was going to make a suggestion post about this because this weekend I've been making a visual chart of all kinds of colors we could have. But before posting, did a search to see if there were any recent similar suggestions and found your thread, so will share here instead. 

WurmHorseColorsbyMalena.jpg

• Like 57

Great idea ! and wonderful job here Malena :D yes deff it could be something cool :wub: I love animals in wurm, especially horses, as far 7 traits 5 speeds.. New breed of dogs would be handy too ;)

• Like 3

+1 :D

Hire her!

Edited by Rosie
  • Like 2

We can only hope to get such expanded color variances in horses. I'd be happy with just an extra 2 or 3 honestly. They did just fix the "bug" that all wild horses were grey, with them now spawning in colors. Seems like this might be an easy implementation through new skins and a bit of coding to recognize those new skin colors/patterns.

If legally possible, I'd be happy to do the reskins for free if needed. (I'm a 2d/3d artist who does this sort of thing in my every day work)

Would just need the original texture PSD/TIFF and mesh. I wonder if Wurm has a color palette or other technical restriction though?

Edited by Malena
  • Like 2

We can only hope to get such expanded color variances in horses. I'd be happy with just an extra 2 or 3 honestly. They did just fix the "bug" that all wild horses were grey, with them now spawning in colors. Seems like this might be an easy implementation through new skins and a bit of coding to recognize those new skin colors/patterns.

I remember starting the game as a newbie and spending so much time out looking for horses other than grey colored ones. When I realized it was a feature that all wild horses are grey, it explained why I didn't have any luck! Somehow I have to say that I learned to kind of appreciate it though. In a way it was cool that wild horses were grey because it felt all the more special when you started to produce colors because of your amazing breeding skills! I'm kind of disappointed to hear that in actuality was a bug all along that has now been fixed. 

Edited by Malena

+1 Yes, different horse colors would rock. Especially re Malena's post. Make some of the colors rare like the Appaloosa pic.

• Like 1

Ah horse ranches...  Massive areas of land set aside for horse breeding...  Or as I like to call them "9 silver per 10 tile enchant goldmines".

+1 since there is someone willing to do the artwork for free and implementing it should not be that hard!

• Like 1

+1 Yes, different horse colors would rock. Especially re Malena's post. Make some of the colors rare like the Appaloosa pic.

When I was young, my auntie in England had a famous Appaloosa farm which had mostly the "dalmation" kind that were white all over with the spots and being a hard core horse fan as a kid, I remember how magical it was to visit their place, surrounded by fields full of white spotty horses. It was amazing! I should have made one of those as well. 

And yes, definitely something like that to be rare!

Seems like this is a good place to add my idea of a horsetack rack onto that list of horse things! A place to store all the horse-related equipment in the game. Of course I want more horse colors, and I love the idea of a hitching post, and the troughs! Would make it easier to feed chickens and pigs as well :D

Big +1 from me!

Edit: @Malena, what about a black horse with white mane and tail?

Edited by Aelfrey
  • Like 2