Sign in to follow this  
Redrick

Active Pvp server with most free land?

Hello there,

Haven't played in quite awhile. I love the idea of Pvp and was hoping to hop in on chaos where it appears the majority of pvp happens. Personally, I'm not a fan of personal pvp, but I love the danger surrounding the idea of a harsh land that requires you to watch your back at all times. With this in mind, which pvp server exactly has the most land up for grabs at the moment, but is also fairly active with people.

I am not itching to log in and find myself a midst hundreds of others on my screen, but to have a fair reasoning that I may come across someone at some point would be a great feeling. 

Thanks

• Like 1

A lot of the Epic players have left Epic for Chaos because there is not much going on there at the moment by way of action.

Chaos, though, is one single server. All you really have left to do is choose a kingdom which suits your playstyle and you're good to jump right in. Going it alone on any PVP server is a one-way ticket down the red-tunnel express, so don't expect to make it alone.

I would recommend joining Deliverance it is the closest pve server to chaos and is where all the kingdoms have their pve deeds at. If you are new you will not survive long on chaos without a kingdom and once you find what kingdom you want to try/join then they can take you over to chaos with them. 

Edited by Kegan

Epic, whatever server you choose will have lots of freeland.

• Like 1

Epic, whatever server you choose will have lots of freeland.

This.

Affliction probably has the most free land since it only opened a month ago.

But Serenity have more people and even a deed of enemy alts.

Oh! and Radni, you can't match Radni.

While chaos seems cool, in the end it is a server where if you don't want to grind HIGH stats and spend MANY silvers to buy drake scale free walkers etc you're at a huge disadvantage.

Epic has a lower stat need for pvp, atleast 30 is recommended for a lot of the pvp but hell come try it at any level. Skill gain is two times as fast and skills are on the curve. The only "elite" thing on epic is shield of the gone, which is just a 6month timer of meditating and not a 100 euro+ scale set etc.

Edited by Radni

I'm gonna get a chance to start Wurm tomorrow. I'm reckoning that you folks think I should get some skills up before heading over to the EPIC servers? And thanks for the many replies. 

Just go to the Epic cluster, and choose whatever server you think is best.

Also, if you want to have a remote chance of seeing anyone on local, pick Serenity.

Edited by Alec

Come to Deli I have a huge PVE deed on chaos border and I'll take you over to my deed/ kingdom and you can join us :) it's true you won't make it alone in chaos no doubt. And as far as epic, I honestly can't bash em it does sound like fun to me but I can't see getting double skill gains I'm so used to normal grind in my opinion :) but it does sound cool

I'm gonna get a chance to start Wurm tomorrow. I'm reckoning that you folks think I should get some skills up before heading over to the EPIC servers? And thanks for the many replies. 

Epic skills and Freedom/Chaos skills are separate. When you go to Epic through a portal it's like creating a copy of your character with 0 skills. They don't transfer back and forth between the two when you go/leave (but you don't lose them when you go back and forth either). As such, it takes no preparation to join Epic.

Seeing as you are looking for lots of free room, Affliction is definitely the place for you. The map was reset just about a month ago and now it's a brand new awesome map, with lots of free space available, and lots of people all working together to get something up and running right away. And if it's the pvp you crave, there's no better choice than to come to Epic and join up with the original Jock who will be glad to show you the ropes.

Unfortunately, both PvP clusters are extremely one sided in terms of who wins. Often that side that side also abuses overpowered, broken, or unbalanced features or unforeseen effects of those features.

Basically, Epic changes often regarding control. After the Mongol Empire disbanded, control switched to Jenn-Kellon as they gained numbers (mainly ex-Mongols), then somewhat to the The Horde as they champed people and gained numbers, then back to Jenn-Kellon when the champs lost their power, then back almost completely to The Horde due to a gain in numbers and realization of broken/unbalanced/overpowered spells. A lot of people on all sides left Epic recently - Jenn-Kellon because of losses and unbalanced features, The Horde due to boredom, and others because PvP is broken and only keeps going down hill.

On Elevation, BL is dead, JK is kinda alive but won't fight when MR is involved because half of them have Gone (see my name).

JKH doesn't defend itself very well, BLH is worse now that a lot of their fighters left. MRH has great home server defense and probably the only group with balls and the PvP knowledge to back them up. Everyone feared them more than MRE until EC all got 70 meditating and could safely leave deed again.

This is all likely to change in a few weeks to a few months as Epic and its player base change, or if by some miracle PvP gets fixed.

Chaos is more like this: BLE all went JK on Chaos to fight MR. MR relies on crappy features to get cheap kills, sets up 11x11 deeds to block tower capping (really cheap), and uses karma and /vinivite /vteleport to port around the server to these deeds, usually so they can close a 1,000+ tile gap instantly (5 MR vs. 10 JK to 20 MR vs. 10 JK in a couple seconds - like I said, fix PvP). Then there are two BL PMKs - Ebonaura (gets raided by JK, didn't lock its doors for months lel) and Black Legion (gets raided by MR). Both are kinda small. Basically, MR wins because of numbers and cheap tactics, everyone else loses because ally feature was removed, so their collective numbers don't matter.

Oh yeah, forgot that half the Chaos server population at any given time is just alts (and mains /sarcasm).

• Like 1