Sign in to follow this  
Reevi

Nerf - Hell Hounds!

As we all know, Hell Hounds are OP, ive heard that they have been tweaked down from what they originally was, but im trying to be Newbie friendly here and if i struggle to kill a hell hound at 70FS, 55 sup wep and 54 sub shield, theres a problem.

Im not saying give them this massive nerf, but just make it so they hit a bit lighter and dont hit so often (At the moment they are hitting me average of every 2 seconds with a very hard or extremely hard)

I think there is a problem with your shield skill and shield bashing skill.

Edited by Alec
  • Like 1

They are hounds from hell, not kittens from heaven.

They will eat you alive.  I say leave them.

• Like 3

I have 52fs and 30swords skill and 13 sheild skill and I have no real problem killing them. They deal about 50% hp damage per fight what kind of armor are you using?

I have 52fs and 30swords skill and 13 sheild skill and I have no real problem killing them. They deal about 50% hp damage per fight what kind of armor are you using?

Is fun that with mid-high shield skill and some shield bashing you don't really need armor at all.

Tortoises are even stronger. A lot more. Well they are even more stronger than hell scorpiouses

Edited by Stinky

Im using 80ql shield with 80ql plate?

No weapon? Fighting with no stamina?

85ql Medium maul enchanted over half stamina

You have been cursed by Rolf, then.

• Like 1

Instead of nerfing them, how about adding more reward for killing them?

My thoughts.

I don't consider them over powered, just not worth the effort. The butchering rewards in Wurm seem a little backwards, you can usually get a much nicer haul from the creatures you can kill with a well-placed sneeze than the ones that shrug off a maul to the nose like a gnat.

My thoughts.

I don't consider them over powered, just not worth the effort. The butchering rewards in Wurm seem a little backwards, you can usually get a much nicer haul from the creatures you can kill with a well-placed sneeze than the ones that shrug off a maul to the nose like a gnat.

I agree, hell hounds particularly doesn't give much good stuff for the FS required to kill it.

Don't change em! They are suppose to be hard! If one target's you and you don't have the skill to handle it, then you should run like heck! And pray you don't get stuck on a ledge or something.. I actually love them! I have no where near the FS to fight one nor the armor.. So unless a guard tower is near by I have to run! Hell Hounds have a pretty nice aggro range as well, which makes it a bit more interesting! I live on Xanadu, so with the ever small creature count, being chased by a hell hound is as exciting as it gets! 

Leave them as they are! 

I avoid them because they hit hard, are hard to hit, and are lousy FS gains for pain and effort invested. They are a deliver to a templar mob for me. You get better mileage cleaning out a spider nest than killing a hell hound. But they don't need nerfed. Just avoid them or hand them off to guards/templars.

I've never much liked hell hounds, especially not since they spawn in such a large number and pretty much never stop chasing you once they've got you targetted. You can put people down by saying "u so dum get moar shield n beter armor" all you want but I'm not ashamed to say that I find them to be too hard.

Edit: Gotta love all the boo boo about how the game couldn't handle easier hell hounds. The game did just fine without them, the game doesn't revolve around them.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

-1 for so many reasons (most of them already explained by others)

I was soo happy when i've killed my first hellhound, it's a challenge of the game that i don't want to see removed.

Please stop the suggestions about making the game easier, i would put a +1 for more challenging creatures.

I'm generally against weakening any mob that can be taken solo. There needs to be some danger in our "PvE-lite" game play.

Reducing their aggro range, making them more apparent from a distance, buffing their drops and fs gains...these I think are good ideas.

Edited by Othob Rithol
  • Like 1