Sign in to follow this  
KanePT

Split Furs

So basically once upon a time most people kept their furs in a alt because there was no good way of preventing massive decay on them (kinda like how pelts still work). Rolf decided to be magnanimous and allow that furs (and pelts for a short time) be stored in bsbs to halt their decay. But since at the time there was only one item that used fur (beds) and the type of fur was irrelevant, when storing them into bsbs they all get mixed and become just "fur".

So far there has been no real reason to change this since rugs, the item that changed this, are mostly cosmetic, and seriously, for me at least, i wouldn't see myself needing a bunch of these.

But with the new bear hats (and who knows what else the future holds) having furs stored by type became relevant.

So the suggestion is that the system be changed so that furs can be stored like logs, differentiating from Brown Bear, Wolf and Black Bear furs. The current generic "fur" can be kept as is, and as a bit of a relic of the past, or changed to their original status (if there's data for that) or randomly split between the 3 types.

Discuss.

• Like 4

As a leatherworker who has to deal with this regularly, +1

The fur type is more relevant to me for rugs than it is for these silly wool hats. I'd be surprised if I make more than a handful of those things. :P

Anyways, I'll give it a +1. Currently, I just combine a type of fur with the plain furs to get what I want, but I wouldn't care if the bsbs logged each type of fur as their own type.

Especially since furs have gained more usage, very reliant on type now.

if this was done with furs it could be done with pelts as well to retain their weight

but i rather liked having to go out and get a fresh one

i was kind of hoping they would require fur to imp tho even if it was generic

To me it works perfect as it is now: I make rugs of all the animals I kill (fur animals) and when I fail I just combine the labelled (wolf bear etc) fur with some of the plain fur I have in bsb.
Actually, you can have one labelled fur and add/combine as many plain as you can carry to it and then make loads of animal rugs, from that one labelled fur.

To me it works perfect as it is now: I make rugs of all the animals I kill (fur animals) and when I fail I just combine the labelled (wolf bear etc) fur with some of the plain fur I have in bsb.

Actually, you can have one labelled fur and add/combine as many plain as you can carry to it and then make loads of animal rugs, from that one labelled fur.

This is true, its actually much easier to make tons of bear helms under the current system as you can keep adding "generic fur" to a "bear fur" until it is a massive size, then make a ton of rugs then a ton of helms. Gives you a way to use up all the black wolf/bear furs that would otherwise pile up.   Which actually sounds like an exploit so maybe campaign for separate BSB categories to stop the bear helm exploit bug :P 

I'd like to see what their plans are for fur, we might down the road appreciate the current ability to convert generic fur at will to specialty types and wonder who was responsible for ending that perk ^_^

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

+1 

LOL and to think I killed a ton of bears to get enough furs for the bear helms I made for Christmas presents LOL.  Also, the horns should also be differentiated.  Currently you see horns and horns but not unicorn horns and say bison horns, you only know which type you are dealing with after you take it out of the bsb.   And yes, pelts really should be able to go into a backpack.

BIG ASS + 1 from me on this one....i'm a Leatherworker to and would really like this to be added tot he game.

As it is now i have to hold all my Fur's on an Alt to stop them decaying and we can't BSB them as they all turn into generic Fur....which can only be used for old style beds.

I would also like to see the same done for Pelts as well as i can see Lion helms / Wolf helms entering the game at some point......but we all know that's NOT going to happen.....Rolf did try it....but changed it back so he must not of like something about that. :(

Anyway even if we get this idea in-game ....it's a step closer to getting both. P

P.s Please remember to Like the OP at the top.....it helps the Dev's quickly find idea's which they might add tot he game. ;)

Edited by Garit