Sign in to follow this  
Zamiel

WTS: 4000 Charcoal 57ql [SW Xanadu]

4q8mnMT.jpg

Same deal as last time, lets see what the offers are.

Can deliver to Corbita-accessible areas.

Edited by Zamiel
  • Like 1

Hard to nail down a price on coal it seems.

Last time I got price checks ranging all across the board from QL / 10 per 1k down to QL / 20 per 1k, but few people actually buying.

Had one guy try to be cute and PM me an offer of 4s for this 3k lot instead of posting it publicly, that was good for a chuckle.

Would you deliver to west coast deli? I've not dealt with coal before but clearly you want me than 6s for the lot :)

Would you deliver to west coast deli? I've not dealt with coal before but clearly you want me than 6s for the lot :)

Southwest maybe, I'd have to catch some really good wind on both servers though.

So what is the price for 1k coal ?

I'd tell you if I had much solid info.

I had standing a standing offer but that person seems to have disappeared, noone else who put up a price was actually buying.

Not a big enough market to have a solid Price:QL ratio defined it seems.

Edited by Zamiel

Just had this conversation with people in my alliance about coal prices.

Best price we came up with was 3 silver per 1000 not just based on actions but the timeframe it takes to make it all work.

So if I needed it I would offer 3 silver per 1000 units

I think the problem with coal is there is more then just a 1k actions timeline. 

I can go mine 1000 ore or dig 1000 dirt  or panfill 1000 actions and its easy to count once its done its done.

With coal piles you have to cut down trees.. cut up trees.  stuff 20 logs and 2 dirt into a coal pile and at 50ql it sits there and burns for 4 RL days before you have all the coal out of it.

Add certain woods and you get more coal i think I got 25 coal per pile out of mine max.  

This and that people dont want to imp steel tools or people think its to much of a pain makes plate the primary use of it.

If the plate market aint that great then the coal market price wont be plentiful.

This would equate to taking what you can get when you can get it.

I still stand by the 3 silver per 1000 coal.  You use 1000 90ql ore with somebody that has decent metallurgy you could probably sell the steel in the right circles.