Sign in to follow this  
Lielu

Porticullis Gate idea - NPC Guard

I think the new Gate should come with an NPC Guard that doesn't do anything but stand on the inside of the gate, opening and closing it for people who are allowed entry. He would also refuse to open it if anyone not "on the list" approached. He will not fight, like normal guards. His only function would be to open/close the gate!

• Like 11

I agree. This would actually give them a function, and then they wouldn't just be for decoration.

• Like 1

lol just had that tought today srsly.. reminded me we should have option to manage house doors just like at cave doors and a guard standing there, but req should be to have guard tower in ~20-30 tiles vicinity AND there comes use of 50+ ql guard towers aswell, so at 60 ql tower you can have 1 gate guarded and so on..

anyway +1

• Like 1

Love it.  I had been thinking of putting up a similar post for hiring NPCs from the King, for various tasks.  filling off deed lamps, door opener, kitchen help, etc.  Just mainly appearances and no skill based functions.  They should be hired and not simply part of the "portcullus", as we don't want excessive amounts of NPCs scattered around.

NPC would be great but when the suggestions come up people go o noooo real people make the color and game environment, the problem is we suck so bad at it.

A bunch of NPCs would help flesh out the game world and feel.

+1 as long as he looks like this, and farts in your general direction if you don't have rights to get in.

dv6FUzy.png