Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 45

Thank you for the tapestries! For those who want to know the history behind the figurative ones, do a search for Bayeux Tapestries.

Dresses will be next?:D After bridges, of course;)

Nice stuff... But could you pick the statuettes model (or the colossus one) and upscale it a bit (or downscale on the colossi-might even be better because resolution) and make it a character sized (or slightly bigger) statues we can place at our temples??

Now if only we can get pushing/pulling skills for the hours we'd be moving these things into place.

Or... we can just get an improved push by measurements lol

Hmm, one of the tapestries appears to be depicting men wielding spears with shields...  

Hmm, one of the tapestries appears to be depicting men wielding spears with shields...  

Ancient civilization technology, too advance for us.

• Like 1

Yay the wall art coming to Wurm! Thanks for tapestries! :)

Now how about that new coolection of wool cloth designs and very weird request please can a Lady have a dress in this game ?

• Like 1

Nice stuff... But could you pick the statuettes model (or the colossus one) and upscale it a bit (or downscale on the colossi-might even be better because resolution) and make it a character sized (or slightly bigger) statues we can place at our temples??

Well, the colossus would actually need to be retextured if downscaled. Just think about it, all those bricks and then downscaled to character size = tons of tiny miniature bricks.

Not a bad idea though! It is always good to find reuse of assets.

But as always it is hard to make them a priority with so much already in the pipeline hehe.

Why was Magranon left out?

I believe it may be because the statuette for Mag is already kind of polygon heavy, so perhaps they left the hardest for last?

Why was Magranon left out?

Those two models are just what is currently worked on. He will get his time in the spotlight as well ;)

Any possibility of having a cool new animation when we use the statuettes Johan? maybe like holding it with two hands?

lion-king-alternate-ending-gif.gif

Any possibility of having a cool new animation when we use the statuettes Johan? maybe like holding it with two hands?

And maybe the ability to push/pull them when they're just sitting on the ground..?

Edited by Huntar

Well we have some new player animations planned for a bit later so I will see if that would be an easy addition to get in the pipeline whilst we are doing it.

Cant promise anything but I know what you are talking about, the current animation leaves a bit to be desired ;)

And maybe the ability to push/pull them when they're just sitting on the ground..?

That should not be a problem.

There really aint no specific reason why you can not do it at the present time.

Other then the obvious fact that the game will not let you hehe.

• Like 1

Soon there will be something revealed I am pretty sure no one expects.

Will this be something we, umm, LIKE?  It sounds like one of those ancient Chinese curses, "may you live in interesting times" sort of thing ... 

Yay for tapestries! Yay for "sound falloff"! Yay for Thursday New Updates from RedBaron_Johan, we all look forward to these!!!!

My lips are

seal.jpg

To put it in an ironic play on words ;)

• Like 4

Really? I will quote my post from another thread as it seems to apply nicely here:

I'd take bug fixes over seals any day.

Whilst art devs don't code, they do put in new designs that require server side coding one would assume, thus taking time away from dev's who could be fixing bugs, to implement these trivial and useless additions.

I'd take bug fixes over seals any day.

Whilst art devs don't code, they do put in new designs that require server side coding one would assume, thus taking time away from dev's who could be fixing bugs, to implement these trivial and useless additions.

Something tells me that if we only had a game platform but a completely bug free game set in an environment of ugly placeholder graphics, no animations and floating cubes representing the creatures.

You would happily agree that there is need to balance both art and code to be an appealing game experience.

Fortunately one does not have to exclude the other in this situation.

• Like 6

Something tells me that if we only had a game platform but a completely bug free game set in an environment of ugly placeholder graphics, no animations and floating cubes representing the creatures.

You would happily agree that there is need to balance both art and code to be an appealing game experience.

Fortunately one does not have to exclude the other in this situation.

+1

and look there is a balance of fixes,

• Fix so that dug up gems and bones are correctly placed in inventory

To those complaining about bugs: I get it. I'm pretty sure we all get it. The game has bugs. Hell, every game has bugs. The game will likely always have bugs given its need for consistently updated content. 

That said, the game also needs nice things to give realism and 'new things to do' for one's home. This game has no real 'end game', so it is what you make it. Decorating one's house is something this game desperately needs as it's something we have all been asking for, for a very long time. Tapestries are a good step toward fixing those walls of "another stone/wood?"

So we get that you're pissed that things don't always go how they should and that bugs are annoying, but we/you also need to concede the fact that bugs can be a huge undertaking depending on why it is buggy. One bug may require drastic changes all over the code, or even complete changes to certain mechanics. So let's do the dev team a solid by giving them some patience and acknowledging that they are one of the only dev teams I've ever seen that push out content every week. . . and not just 'piddly content' -- good content. 

And so what about the bridges. . . . they're excited that they might actually be able to implement them - why the hell wouldn't they tell us that and let us know they're working on it? Even if it takes two years, I still want to hear about their progress, regardless if it seems all they say is that "it's hard."

So that is all from me for now. 

Edited by Necromateur

Why is everyone so grumpy these days :o

Good work! Keep it up :)

could be this

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that's related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you're like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody. Less often, SAD causes depression in the spring or early summer.

Treatment for SAD may include light therapy (phototherapy), psychotherapy and medications.

Don't brush off that yearly feeling as simply a case of the "winter blues" or a seasonal funk that you have to tough out on your own. Take steps to keep your mood and motivation steady throughout the year.

I believe it may be because the statuette for Mag is already kind of polygon heavy, so perhaps they left the hardest for last?

As far as I can tell the new statuette is just a new texture that puts more detail onto the same model.  I haven't looked at a wireframe of the models, though, so I may be wrong.

Code bugs are handled by a separate group of people, so it doesn't really detract from such work.

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date... the communication is great.  :)

Yay! More non bridge news reworded so it doesn't look like a cut and paste of the last 12 months progress updates. Awesome.

Hows about some fixes to the utterly broken religious domains on Xanadu instead of tapestry fluff and slightly less ugly statuettes to distract us all with?

Maybe because the guys who squish bugs are a different department than the guys who add content and visual goodies? And trust me... you don't want someone who usually produces game props and items to work on debugging... When that happens whole games crash lol.

• Like 1