Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 45

Very cool!

Would love to see crafting themed tapestries, so we could place in our crafting areas.

Leatherworkers tanning leather, miners, farmers, tailors, weaponsmithing, the list goes on. :D

Oooh yes. Also:

Tapestries with a tree on them. one tapestry for each tree!

Tapestries with an animal on them! like one for a horse, one for a unicorn, a seal, a shark, a cow, a pig

Lol just suggestions. But very time consuming, I assume.

The new decors are great!

• Like 3

I'm loving these new tapestries, they look great! I'm really glad there are different motifs of them too, that's fantastic. Loving the suggestions in this thread for adding some crafting-related, animal-related and tree-related motifs as well -- the more the merrier, right?  :D

I'm aso glad to hear the work is progressing in regards to bridges too, and glad to hear there are some new sounds. I'm excited about the sound falloff and about being able to judge distances by sound. Also excited about animals getting sounds at the attack stance -- it will be immensely helpful to know something has just started chasing you, rather than not noticing it until something is already attacking you.

Thank you for the update, they're always so appreciated! 

Wow has Tuesday downtime for patching. Wurm has Thursday news updates. Wurm wins!

Excellent update!

Bitter and negative! Why are you even here?

It's hardly bitter or riddled with negativity. It's a statement of fact that we are being repeatedly told the same non committal news about bridges which hasn't changed in a year. "We're working on it and it's hard" can only be spun so many ways and we've heard it every which way now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to get new stuff but not when it's pure (teased) fluff while there are major issues which have been ignored for months that urgently need sorting.

To be perfectly honest I'm tired all all the teasing of "secret stuff" that always pops out when the community starts getting tired of feature delays and lack of solid information. It smacks of desperation and an attempt to distract people from the continual delays of major planned features or game breaking bugs with something cheap and glittery to buy some more time.

Just give us a realistic road map of what's coming in and when it's expected so we can plan our time accordingly. 

• Like 3

How about long tapestries that can be pushed into a wall on the 3rd floor, then when 3rd and 2nd floor scaffolding is removed, the tapestry hangs all the way to 1st floor? Also same for rugs. Long runner rug, like for leading from front entry, all the way to the throne, over several tiles. Probably mentioned before.

Also, would be awesome if there was a way to take a screen shot and "weave" it into a custom tapestry. Or make it a painting?

would much prefer the time wasted on crap like tapestries was spent fixing bugs, maybe player retention would improve.

You want artists to fix bugs, and thus code stuff, something they likely don't even know much about? (that's just as likely to increase the bugs in the game as it is to decrease them...)

Or are you saying that Code Club should they fire their paid artists and hire more coders with that money?

Great news as always!

Question: How does decay work on bridges?

Why is everyone so grumpy these days :o

Good work! Keep it up :)

• Like 4

Tapestries and new statuette models look absolutely fantastic   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

These updates are always awesome to read, love the update. Tapestries!!!

That picture of the bridge with the character standing upon it looks very cool. I like the way it sags down gradually into the middle, makes for a very realistic look. Does seem like that person is gazing out into the Wurm forums, puzzled at the various responses within. Well done!

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

would much prefer the time wasted on crap like tapestries was spent fixing bugs, maybe player retention would improve.

Next week: 10 new bugs but here have some hanging lamps!

Really? I will quote my post from another thread as it seems to apply nicely here:

Devs fix bugs and get yelled at for not adding enough new content. Devs add new content then get yelled at for not fixing enough bugs. Where is the logic here? :blink:

• Like 9

Cool stuff!

Also, we need capes and robes! The armies of battery priests get cold as they stand half naked around altars, praying once in a while.

• Like 1

Yes, tapestries! Those will be awesome to be able create. Perhaps with the new sheep wool? Also anxiously awaiting bridges and I'm sure the sounds will only further enhance the experience of playing Wurm!

FoIngame.jpg

I know exactly where this picture was taken!  I found those statuettes on the test server and could not figure out why they were just sitting there.

Great news as always!

Question: How does decay work on bridges?

I'd assume it'll be either similar to house walls or fences, or it'll just be normal decay.

Cool stuff!

Also, we need capes and robes! The armies of battery priests get cold as they stand half naked around altars, praying once in a while.

...Pray for warmth?

Soon there will be something revealed I am pretty sure no one expects.

Will this be something we, umm, LIKE?  It sounds like one of those ancient Chinese curses, "may you live in interesting times" sort of thing ... 

Yay for tapestries! Yay for "sound falloff"! Yay for Thursday New Updates from RedBaron_Johan, we all look forward to these!!!!

*And what this intricate dance will lead to is soon to be revealed.

How about some unfocussed/blurry confusing pictures of this mysterious new reveal.You could make a competition of it to see who can guess what it is :)

those tapestries make me think that it's time to allow player made images to be uploaded (1 per player) which allow custom textures to be displayed on signs/tapestries etc