If you disagree with any of these ideas then just assume it would be a full conversion or different game entirely that code club could develop if they wanted too.

So to start off I think it would fun to have threshold skills and what I mean by threshold skills would be a Current skill value that starts at zero and is limited by, a Threshold skill value which would be where your skill increases from, up to... and a Maximum for each specific skill so like a cap say thousand. So when your in a house for example(safe) your loot skill's (a skill that allows you to hold onto some(Current less then thousand) or all of your items(Current equals thousand) on death which is skilled by dieing in battle) Current decreases if above zero to zero. Now your saying what if you purposely die a lot well you could also have like announcements like player1 looted player2 and people would see that player2 keeps dieing so they could try to prevent that because it was announced.

This next idea has a lot of ideas tied up into the main idea of the start of the game (can be tweaked) and trys to simply describe the basics. If you enjoy my ideas I can try to get more specific just send me a pm.

Another idea would be a newtown that is a castle on the king's island and you are tasked with talking with each tradesman to learn the specific trade sort of to fill in your knowledge(gui) or have the ability to skip but get warned that you wont beable to use the help channel but every so often or risk being attacked or something to promote learning the trades. Then once you've learned all the trades you go to the king and he gives you a small boat that will be located at the docks. Docks would be one of two ways to access an island being the supposed safer way the other being mooring offshore(random position) and risking your boat drifting away or crashing into the rocks after a time depending on weather(if you were an enemy kingdom or kos to this island or don't want to be logged possibly). Now you can travel to a public server or click Search for a new land which would be like trying to find a random pocket universe. By pocket universe I mean players can go to the docks and buy faster and or bigger boats or go to the king and charter a new island for real money. So you would always have an option to leave and return to open water and search again. Basically a pocket server would house npc and players alike at the choosing of the lord(owner). Now there could be like houses for npc families that could grow up to become guards (barracks building) that would provide cheaper or free guards or just craftsman, merchants, wizards etc. This would all be in first person perspective not an rts. So essentially you start off with some of the kings people and you can always request more and you pay them to do jobs but you charge them to live there. There's also a weather wizard tower that can be built that would ofc control the weather pry on a cool down. Fields would need rain or watering. So basically you have your own island which you are lord and may complete missions like send X number of guards to assist the kings campaign etc. The rewards might be cheaper rent prices etc. Also you can choose the public server which is kingdom controlled so there is more frequent raids and events these would be like hubs for what a kingdom controls. You could build a house to live in or you can commission a village from the lord then plant it with your own rules if there's room.

Seems to me that you want to remove a lot of the sandbox element, and turn it into just PvP

maybe more kingdom attacks but pvp would be deterred if it were properly covered

edit: also say someone was a badass fighter they would have to always be out fighting to have their threshold filled like it would go up with time while your out and about think like seasoned and there could easily be like a notoriety system where guards would attack people... some people live for that shiz

Edited by ghosthunter

makes no sence whatsoever

This was my thought exactly while reading the OP. I even read i twice to try to figure it out.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it is in some variant of post-modern americanese, perhaps 201st or 202nd decade. Although the source may just be poorly translated from another tongue. I will attempt to translate:

This could be for Wurm or another game.

A skill/stat ('loot skill') that allows you to keep your gear (or perhaps skills) when you die. The higher the skill the more you keep. This rises up when you die. When you are in a safe place it drops down to zero. 

A new tutorial area with a castle on the King's Island with NPCs that train you in each skill/trade. You can skip them but they tell you if you do, and you spam the help chat  you'll be punished. 

Once you finish the tutorial you get a small boat that might crash on rocks if you moor anywhere but the docks. You can use this boat to go to a normal server or you can go to a random, instanced island - a paid for, private server.

the private server will be populated by NPCs as well as invited players. The npcs would live out their lives and have jobs like guard, wizard, craftsman etc. The owner would be the lord and send them out to do jobs or quests.

There would be a weather control device/tower in the private server. You would have to control and balance the weather to grow crops.

You can also make the server public so people can raid you or you could join a a larger group for events.

and later, 

Somehow PvP won't be a problem(?)

But someone that is a badass will have a really high 'loot skill' from fighting all the time.

There can also be a reputation system (Wurm equivalent = karma, KOS) so guards attack badasses.

• Like 1

ty im a lazy typer but what I forgot to say is that your skills also would increase say woodworking in a workshop the "current" to your threshold over time.

edit: this way it takes time to switch between different jobs like you get better then when you switch you have to relearn yourself. this way you can rely on other people that are specializing in workshop skills etc instead of some guy just instantly being great at everything.

edit: also that's a very loose translation...

So complete rundown for threshold skills

Example: Woodworking *requires workshop* also theres a "current" variable, a "threshold" variable and a maximum and minimum.

Inside workshop: "current" variable goes up to "threshold" variable over time

Outside workshop: "current" variable goes down to minimum variable over time

Creating or Improving something : increases the "threshold" variable by some percent of "threshold" - "current" (to create a in the zone effect*replaced by a constant if zero*) to a possibility of maximum variable. then you also factor in how close you are to the maximum to get the amount of skill increase

Edited by ghosthunter

Not sure if this is already done but scent combined with wind direction and unbandaged wounds would make wolves more fierce and track you down.