Sign in to follow this  
Kuba15100

Java issue

Hi!

This one is an issue I've never met with any other program and is quite unusual.

So, when I try to launch wurm, it does not launch. Would be quite normal if that would be all. I go to process list, and I see a new one! javaws.exe it is called. It keeps changing it's value, and while it is launched, cp usement is set to 100%. Tried to get a new launcher, does not work. Unstable? Nope. Help me please, and thanks in advance.

javaws.exe is Java Webstart which is used to download all Wurm resources and to start wurm.

If this does not work you could try reinstalling Java since this appears to be failing.

Java Webstart could also be blocked by a virus scanner or firewall which may cause this unusual behaviour. You might try disabling those to test their effects on Java Webstart.

Tried reinstalling java, does not work. Firewall is disabled all the time, and I doubt that antivirus would change anything (didn't do anything with it when the problem appeared)

Is this a windows or mac? Can we assume you have played ok since June 2014 and this just started? What are your basic system stats (operating system, ram, graphics adapter). 

Any recent major changes (a major windows update, hardware upgrade etc). Are you connecting from a university or workplace, compared to a private home internet? Is it connecting through a remote wireless connection?  

Try also making sure Wurm is installed to a folder that windows does not "overprotect" -- c:\wurm or c:\games\wurm is much better than c:\program files\wurm or c:\user\appdata\wurm type locations. Make sure it is not downloaded to some restricted location where wurm cannot set up its files. 

See if a file exists called HS_ERR_PID, maybe on your desktop or in the same folder as the wurm client. Look also whether there is a console.log file. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Java is always a problem

Stop spreading FUD, please.

• Like 1

Stop spreading FUD, please.

He has a minor point though.  Java is very hard to code for without causing memory leaks.

Other than that, however, I agree with you.

Not the only one with issues lately Ic ant get in at all.   If wurm des open it crashing during the pack update. at 59% and wont go any further.