Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Meditation Enlightenment Change(Obsolete, please close)

As far as I can tell, enlightenment now is almost useless. I think it should be changed so that, instead of reducing the meditation skill required, it should remove or reduce the cooldown for path advancements. This way, it could be useful, yet not make it possible for people to get high level abilities without the required skill. It would also be nice for people to be able to change meditation paths with less wait time.

Edited by Darthryan
  • Like 9

I guess if you already have the med skill, you shouldn't really need to wait to repath. +1

As far as I can tell, enlightenment primarily just means you can't get the question wrong, or even be aware of what the question is. Most people seem unaware they could get a question earlier than the required skill level by doing so. But even if you do get lvl 7 at 27 skill instead of 30, you still have to get 47 skill to get your lvl 9, so where's the real benefit ?

As a repather, the wait time is the thing holding you back, so there's no benefit whatsoever.

I'd rather see enlightenment shorten the wait time by 6 days, with a cooldown of 6 days after an enlightment for another enlightenment, or after a question for another enlightenment

i.e.

• wait the default 6 days to get your level 4 question
  • wait 6 days, get enlightened and go immediately to get your level 5 question
  • thereafter wait 6 days, get enlightened, wait 6 days, get enlightened again, and go get your next question

This would halve the default wait-time for each level in the upper levels, and would require you to have the meditation skill requirement for each question anyway, which takes the longer time if you are skilling to qualify for questions. It would allow you to change paths more readily, and that's all.

Enlighten has had a one week cooldown that starts as of the moment of advancing path for a very long time

For clarity, it already works the way you suggested

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 2

so anyone at higher level can change path (for example they have 70 meditate) and just have one week between questions?

mhmm if they have someone to enlighten them though it does become very difficult at higher levels

Just thinking to save some time as i do have an alt with level but 21 days for cooldown :D

Is the wiki inaccurate then ??

Enlightenment

Leaders in paths are able to Enlighten others who are exactly three levels below the leader's current level. For example, a level 9 can advance a level 6 to level 7. Enough time must have passed since the student's last path advance for him to receive the question. You will not need to move or wait if the attempt fails, but multiple attempts may be necessary. There is a one minute cool-down between attempts, and a difficulty check will affect success chance (see end of this section).

Simple instructions:

• Leader activates a meditation rug
  • Student types /invitations
  • Leader right-clicks the student and looks for the Light Path option
  • Leader repeats this attempt until the student gets the path question dialog window that we're used to seeing for path advances
  • May 2013 update - there is now a one minute cool-down for enlightenment

Example of successful enlightenment:

• Path leader:

[12:07:16] STUDENT needs to type in the command /invitations.
[12:07:27] You attempt to light the path for STUDENT.
[12:07:27] You ask STUDENT a question. she seems to think hard.
[12:07:58] STUDENT has reached the level of Goodhearted of the path of love!

• Student:

[12:07:24] You will now accept invitations to change kingdom and religion.
[12:07:27] TEACHER asks you a question.
[12:07:58] You think 'Sounds about right'
[12:07:58] Congratulations! You have now reached the level of Goodhearted of the path of love!

• Failure (Path leader). If you get those messages just retry after waiting 1 minute:

[12:07:20] You attempt to light the path for <Player>.
[12:07:20] <Player> does not grasp the question. he needs to meditate more.

• Failure (Student). If you get those messages just retry after waiting 1 minute:

<Player> asks you a very confusing question. You do not understand it and need to contemplate more.

After a path enlightenment the leader cannot do it again for 7 days.

After the v1.1 patch a new difficulty check was added:

Rolf: it's not a skill requirement per se but there's a difficulty check

Rolf: like level you try to achieve *10 or so

Rolf: increasing meditation skill will increase chances yes

Rumour suggests that a successful enlightenment requires a meditation skill of approximately 75% progress to the actual required level to path up yourself. E.g. around 27 meditating needed to be enlightened to level 7.

Yep.  It will tell you wait 20 or whatever days when trying until the week is up, then the question attempts begin

• Like 1

I didn't know that, thanks Gary! This suggestion should most likely be closed then.

EDIT: Updated the wiki.

Edited by Darthryan