Sign in to follow this  
JDBooker

Moving the Token

Now that we have had 1-way deeding for a while and we all like it, we know there's no reason the token has to be in the middle of the deed.

So.. to save the costs in disbanding and rebuying land that's already yours, i propose that the mayor has the ability to push the token 1 tile at a time in any direction with a new menu option "settlement -> move token -> north" (other directions are available),

this will charge you 20i per move (per tile) and will readjust your N/E/S/W deed size values accordingly. (prices may vary according to devs discretion)

Edited by JDBooker
  • Like 11

I'm all in favor of being able to move the token, though if possible, being able to select the landing tile rather than pushing would be preferable (and either have a flat fee charged for moving it, or a cost by distance). Otherwise buildings and the like might get in the way making it either impossible without some demolition, or more costly if having to go around if the fee is distance based.

• Like 2

-1  not for epic

ok i can see that as an issue for token draining moving it while they're trying to drain it ...so maybe not available while under siege, hostile mobs on deed, or hostile players in local.

Why we should be able to move the token, that tile where we decided to start our deeds.

A bit strange feature but i may agree on pve.

-1 for all pvp servers. Please first think about the consequences on pvp not as when wagons and other stuff was implemented.

Why we should be able to move the token, that tile where we decided to start our deeds.

Some people like to redesign their deeds, some people might buy a deed, and they may wish to change it, some people may not be able to plant a deed where they want for some reason, but later on, the option to expand/shift may open up, at which point, it's nice to allow them the chance to move the token without having to disband and replant.

Just some ideas :)

Also, there are still deeds that were planted before even the option to create rectangular deeds was possible.

• Like 3

I'm not really sure why there even should be a cost to move it. Being able to move it just makes sense, and it should be free.

Of course there should be some limitations...

not available while under siege, hostile mobs on deed, or hostile players in local.

To which I'd also add a cooldown between moves, of perhaps once a week.

However, having to pay to move it seems like it would punish the poor villages for no reason.

if the cost was based on distance then the cost would be less for poorer (small) vilages, cos they wouldn't have far to move it anyway! ..in theory

Edited by JDBooker

That may be true to a degree, but I don't think the size of a deed and average income scale together.

Nevertheless, I still don't see any reason why adding a cost to it makes sense. Deeds are already money sinks, I don't think we need yet another way to throw our money at them.

I'd like to add another limitation to the above though, there should also be a delay timer before the token moves. Maybe an hour. If any hostiles enter the area before the delay terminates, it will freeze the countdown until it is all clear again.

• Like 1

I like this idea but as suggested let's not have to push it.  Walk to the tile and just go to the settings on the deed papers and "Move token here".  Cost is X% of the upkeep and may only be done once per 6 months.  Same location/position rules apply to founding.

• Like 1

I'd like to add another limitation to the above though, there should also be a delay timer before the token moves. Maybe an hour. If any hostiles enter the area before the delay terminates, it will freeze the countdown until it is all clear again.

I'd probably put the delay at 24 hours to bring it in line with banks, as PvE deeds have no reason to rush.

+1 to terminate action if hostiles enter the area

+1 to single-action move

+1 to no-cost action

And at least a week's cooldown on moving it again.

This should minimise the impact to PvP while allowing the freedom of added functionality.

I can think of several deeds on Freedom that I know of personally that would benefit from moving their token to a more publically accessible spot, as we have no reason to hide them in the deepest, darkest, most heavily fortified areas of our lands, unlike PvP. And I'd guess the inverse is true on Epic.

I love the idea of being able to move the token. 

I like this idea but as suggested let's not have to push it.  Walk to the tile and just go to the settings on the deed papers and "Move token here".  Cost is X% of the upkeep and may only be done once per 6 months.  Same location/position rules apply to founding.

^This. It seems to solve the problem on PvP.

+1

2 from my 3 deeds have token in inappropriate place, just because it was center of area, when that deeds were created and there were none other choice

ok i can see that as an issue for token draining moving it while they're trying to drain it ...so maybe not available while under siege, hostile mobs on deed, or hostile players in local.

I love the idea of being able to move the token. 

^This. It seems to solve the problem on PvP.

The issue is more having the token not in the center of the deed, it can already be difficult to find when it is in the center.

with 1 way deeding i often set my deeds to have offcentre tokens. sometims it's for aesthetics, and other times because i dont want it found!

+1, my current deed was created when tokens still had to be in the center, this forced me to put the token in a very weird spot. Right now the token is no longer in the center of the deed because I enlarged the deed during the last year. I'd love to be able to move the token into a more logical spot aesthetically without having to first disband the deed and then found it again, as 50-60s for just moving the token is a bit overkill...