Sign in to follow this  
Mahngiel

Are winds global or server-wide?

Title says it all. I have seen threads and game chat stating winds are regional/server-wide.  I crossed 4 servers today, and caught the same wind throughout.  A quick GL check yielded a gale across all the servers, tho many were apprehensive to agree this was more than a fluke.

Any opinions on this?

I have never seen wind change when crossing servers.  As far as I know, they are global to Wurm - every server the same.

• Like 1

I have never seen wind change when crossing servers.  As far as I know, they are global to Wurm - every server the same.

Yep, global. Anyone who thinks different doesn't get out much.

• Like 2

It's global BUT... there are times (usually after restarts) when the weather (and sometimes the server time) seems to go out of sync between servers.

I probably don't get out enough, I admit.

Pretty adamant responses. I don't think this warrants further debate?

You already asked this and it was answered extensively in chat .

Pretty adamant responses. I don't think this warrants further debate?

Its not really a matter of opinion. It is the same. I've traveled across servers a number of times, never seen different weather across servers.

Its like science and climate change... Its not really up to debate.

Edited by KanePT

The lands of wurm are flat therefor nothing can be global.  Wurm is a giant square mass floating through the cosmos.

• Like 1

Wurm is a giant square mass floating through the cosmos.

Wurm does not exist. Through the wonders of time displacement enhanced by the internet web of containments, these particles of digits co-align into perceptible patterns recognizable to human thought processes. Then bent by the god of Wurm into disjointed affiliates, they are able to collide into a restful state of interpreted patterns of similarity to unreasonable expectations that are rarely met with a casual glance askew.

Need I say more plainly what is not to be determined? I think not.

=Ayes=

You already asked this and it was answered extensively in chat .

I was prompted to ask the question in GL based on conflicting answers between players, threads, and a CA.  GL even had a user suggest they were regional, and then everyone confirmed the same winds across most all the servers.  The intent was to reach a wider audience since there seems to be a conflict here.

How about this, everyone reading the thread hit /weather, paste it here and name your server.  Case closed.

Independence

[19:36:41] A gale is coming from the southeast.

Pristine: [10:55:03] A breeze is coming from the west.

[10:55:04] If you keep going in this direction you will end up on another island.

[10:55:08] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.

Xanadu: [10:55:35] A breeze is coming from the west.

[10:57:59] If you keep going in this direction you will end up on another island.

[10:58:13] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.

Release: [10:58:44] A breeze is coming from the west.

However, I'm fairly certain weather effects can be different. Fog on one server and clear on another. Perhaps that's what people are thinking of?

• Like 1

Its not really a matter of opinion. 

Its like science and climate change... Its not really up to debate.

....did you catch  how "man made global warming" has morphed to "climate change"?

Seems that the climate has been changing for 4 billion years..give or take.

It's what climate does...change.  Just ask the smiledons [saber tooth "tigers"] about that.

Now, somehow..it's a political agenda...with all the lies and intrigues that go with that.

And that is not science.

The wind might come at same speed + same direction, but it's not always exactly same in 2 different servers.

I zigzag a lot with bad winds and have noticed that when crossing the winds are slightly different.

Also as people said.

A server restart will randomize the wind. This will happen even if just 1 server restarts, changing wind globally.

• Like 1