Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Is there a German voice chat?

Since I know that there are a few German (or German speaking) players among us Wurmians I was wondering if we have an active German language voice chat somewhere?

(I'm just curious. Although I generally have no problems communicating in English, I *do* find it easier to chat in my own language, especially when it comes to voice chatting. For us non-native (English) speakers it can be hard at times to make sense of all the various British, US, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian... accents, dialects and slang terms - not to speak of all the sometimes cryptic words that some non-native speakers believe to be proper English ;) )

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

Capi or Eject might know ;)

Otherwise best maybe asking ingame in /gshout. Maybe a tiny alliance in xanadu or somewhere is keeping one up.

Capi or Eject might know ;)

Yes, they have one or two German IRC's running, see Eject's recent post.

I've been there once or twice, but just forget to log onto IRC since there wasn't much traffic and I feel just as happy communicating in English. :)

I thought I remember a TS being linked in the IRC MOTD, but looking at the post I linked above I'm probably mixing it up with some other channel, since they were still looking to set TS up.

Edited by Marshlander

Well, this is an old thread - and I believe we don't have a German TS anymore.

Let me try to resurrect this topic :). Anybody interested in an occasional native-language chat?

I'm going to set up a voice chat on Discord (new and very powerful yet easy to use chat tool). Read about it here: https://discordapp.com/

So, who would be interested in joining? (Will only make sense if more than one or two players are interested :) ) Please reply here.

• Like 1

I just dug up this old thread. Anyone interested?