Sign in to follow this  
Endair

Starter Deed Gank WTH

Okay people. I'm very sorry about any face palms, face desks, how does this guy tie his laces etc. I overreacted and acted quite stupidly. After googling his name, I found that he was not a newspawn, and I've taken all your advice and have been trying to join a kingdom. I honestly was acting on teenage hormones and my anger. I'm probably gonna have a bad rep for a while, and I'm not gonna pull the new player excuse, I'm made a mistake and I'm acknowledging it. HotS seems like the one I'll be joining, if they're willing to take me. Maybe I'll see some of you there and redeem myself.

Thanks,

Edited by Endair

I just get ganked outside The Landing on Chaos. Spirit Templars do nothing... he has drake armor i am a noob wtf am i supposed to even do?

Templars don't protect you from godzilla, just the local wildlife for the most part.   

As a noob, spawn at one of the other sites, and next time apply to one the kingdoms before joining Chaos.   Every kingdom tends to be a bit suspicious of newbies around the spawn sites, as often they are spy alts.   

Edited by Battlepaw

He is not a newspawn since googling his player name shows he has a history of attacking people when he has with no armor/weapons. 

Either no armor & no weapons is secretly overpowered more than we know, once you get Unarmed Fighting high enough, or you could contact a GM to check if you feel it was breaking game code (as you were alleging in global chat).

If the facts turn out different than you reported however (like, you were AFK and he found you), you set yourself a bad rep (calling people a hacker in global chat just because they kill you in a newbie area could cause you longterm trouble on a PvP server)

post his name

step it up son

If you have global chat logs on, check those as there was a discussion including player names

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Moved to Town Square as there is no suggestion here.

(This thread seems to serve absolutely no point...)

• Like 2

So, I'm wearing Iron chain, and I have a Iron longsword 34QL, I walk into The Landing and a new spawn floors me with one PUNCH.

So you edited this... from this:

I just get ganked outside The Landing on Chaos. Spirit Templars do nothing... he has drake armor i am a noob wtf am i supposed to even do?

What the HECK?   *faceplams*   *FACEDESKS*
Edited by Battlepaw

Here is a Blueprint motivation for u Endair.

1. Move to the safe freedom maps with no pvp
  2. Grind up your skills and items
  3. Return to Chaos and join the opposite kingdom of your Nemesis.
  4. Take revenge during the next raid.

However, my guess is you have ragequit wurm within a week.

Wurm pvp system is designed to kill the game.

• Like 1

This has always happened.  Move from the starter areas, and join a kingdom for some safety and help getting skills up.  Those areas are notorious for enemy spawn camping.

Personal experience:  I started 3 years ago at The Landing during Wild, was spawn killed off and on for 2-3 weeks by Tonygreen and Zarmazarmax before Jenn Kellon came and cleared them out, finally ending with Tonygreen being banned.

Moved to Town Square as there is no suggestion here.

(This thread seems to serve absolutely no point...)

Should be moved to the pvp forum section where those well acquainted with these types of situations and individuals can respond accordingly.

=Ayes=

Should be moved to the pvp forum section where those well acquainted with these types of situations and individuals can respond accordingly.

=Ayes=

Not if the OP does not have the forum permissions to post there.

Also, how long do you think the thread would last in there? :D

Not if the OP does not have the forum permissions to post there.

Also, how long do you think the thread would last in there? :D

Since this event occurred to them on a pvp server they well could and should arrange permission to post in those sections.

As for how long this thread would last there, that is for those pvp players to decide accordingly, eh? You imply that it is "safer" for pvp players to post their issues here then?

=Ayes=

• Like 1

It is better for the pvp drama to be posted out here so players can see what it's like in there ;)

Since this event occurred to them on a pvp server they well could and should arrange permission to post in those sections.

As for how long this thread would last there, that is for those pvp players to decide accordingly, eh? You imply that it is "safer" for pvp players to post their issues here then?

=Ayes=

If only that meant every thread in town square relevant to Freedom would be requested to be moved to their respective sections

We all play the same game and this is the proper section for it

I am a bit confused.  I'm not sure if Endair is just trying to go the attention seeking route or he has a legimate complaint.   First he complains that he got ganked by some guy in drake while at a spawn site,  as if we should make some earthshaking changes because an advanced character killed a noob, something very unremarkable in any PvP game. Then he changes his story to try and sound like he got killed by some fresh spawn or something and not one of the vets.     

I'm not sure if he thinks we are idiots, or that he needs to step back and tell us the full story.  Either way though I really don't have a ton of patience anymore for players that have played the game like Endair, long enough to know what drake is, and to get a general feel for the game who don't join kingdoms and expect things to work out when they prance around the spawn sites as the default kingdom.   Its a freaking pvp server, with full loot. If you can't understand that it's a bad idea to run around with no clue what you are doing on Chaos with no one to help you with the local politics of the area or kingdom territory you play in you shouldn't be here, because your wasting your time.   

• Like 1

I am a bit confused.  I'm not sure if Endair is just trying to go the attention seeking route or he has a legimate complaint.   First he complains that he got ganked by some guy in drake while at a spawn site,  as if we should make some earthshaking changes because an advanced character killed a noob, something very unremarkable in any PvP game. Then he changes his story to try and sound like he got killed by some fresh spawn or something and not one of the vets.     

I'm not sure if he thinks we are idiots, or that he needs to step back and tell us the full story.  Either way though I really don't have a ton of patience anymore for players that have played the game like Endair, long enough to know what drake is, and to get a general feel for the game who don't join kingdoms and expect things to work out when they prance around the spawn sites as the default kingdom.   Its a freaking pvp server, with full loot. If you can't understand that it's a bad idea to run around with no clue what you are doing on Chaos with no one to help you with the local politics of the area or kingdom territory you play in you shouldn't be here, because your wasting your time.   

While I do agree with everything you said there, I think the game also needs to make this A LOT clearer to new players, or at the very least, to accounts that travel to a PVP server for the first time. A warning in the form of a tutorial message at the border before crossing to chaos, or after you spawn/sail there, explaining how PVP works (full loot, etc) in Wurm would go a long way.

There have been quite a few players in the past who set sail in a random direction from freedom on their first rowing boat, only to find out after they've been killed that they sailed into a PVP server, with no kind of warning from the game itself. Then they're in K/GL chat later (or here) wondering what the heck happened to them.

It'd be unfair to PVP players to warn anyone they "think" is new, because that isn't want it is about (kudos if you do that though :)).

Its up to the game + developers itself to manage it and provide warnings so that new players aren't blindly walking into PVP with no clue on what awaits them. People who actually want to be on a PVP server, knowing fully what its about, will most likely make it more enjoyable to them + other people on said servers too.

Edited by syncaidius

Just as well make it where you have to click a box and join an existing PMK the way Wild is thesedays

He was probably killed because someone thought he was a spy alt. You could blame the players, but I think it's about time the GMs scrap the "any premium character is a main" rule and start policing this crap. We shouldn't have to worry about alts doing stupid stuff, and noobs shouldn't have to worry about getting killed out of suspicion. The someone makes a post here and makes all of PvP look bad.

Alts ruin the game for newbies and vets alike and should be restricted.

He was probably killed because someone thought he was a spy alt. You could blame the players, but I think it's about time the GMs scrap the "any premium character is a main" rule and start policing this crap. We shouldn't have to worry about alts doing stupid stuff, and noobs shouldn't have to worry about getting killed out of suspicion. The someone makes a post here and makes all of PvP look bad.

Nah I don't even blame the JK for doing it, as is likely.  Honestly though from some of the responses and his own behavior here in this post I don't think he is being straight with us.    Alts are a pain in the butt, though this isn't the kind of game you can play without them and get the most out of the game, or at least not without some sort of alternate characters to use as priests, etc.   They do cause immense disruption in PvP, but we have been getting good response when trying to fix individual problems that are caused by them in some cases.  

As for a warning there is already enough warning, and this guy isn't fresh from the tutorial so I'm not cutting him any slack.    If you are around long enough to know what drake is, get basic weapons and armor, etc you should dang well know better from all the stuff on the forums, and the constant effort most Chaos players who are passing through Freedom and on the server themselves go through to try and help new guys understand what's up.  

Edited by Battlepaw

A freedom kingdom spy alt that can't do much outside of the landing if he doesn't want to die to tower guards?

ok

A freedom kingdom spy alt that can't do much outside of the landing if he doesn't want to die to tower guards?

ok

Thanks to stupid tower guard nefts, anything including our pet turtles can outrun a tower guard.  

ok

Landing isn't that bad IMO, its Hunters Lodge and Gold Coast that is so much worse

• Like 1