Sign in to follow this  
Mozdog

Animal Mounts

I recently got my own ridable cow but I was hoping it would be good for travel. It only goes about 12 km/h and regularly walking without heavy items is 17 km/h. Is there a way to get the cow to go faster or is there another animal I can ride that is fast? Sadly I am not a premium member and cannot ride horses and some other fast animals. So is there another faster way on travel (NOT BOATS) and should I upgrade to premium if I want to get the features I want?

Next best you can do is to breed a 5 speed cow I suppose, otherwise there is nothing faster available.

Yes, you should upgrade to premium if you want get higher skill, better mounts, faster timer, ect.

I have actually bred speed trait ed cows before and they do go faster. I haven't yet managed to breed a five speed cow tho.

Saddle works on cows I think, if you get a good QL saddle enchanted with wind of ages, you will ride on your cow around 2-3 km/h faster.
Its not easy to get those, they might be costly, but if you can strike a deal with a player for some labor, maybe you can get it.

5 speed cows work too.

We are up to 4 speed cows and they do go faster.  We are working towards five speed Battle Cattle as my friends call them.  You will need help from Fo priests along the way so they can get rid of the bad traits and you need a high AH person to help with breeding them so you have a better chance of retaining the speed traits in the offspring. That means you need support from premium players any way.  It takes a long time to get to the five speed trait cows but I guess if you are set on getting faster mounts without buying premium this is one way to do it.

• Like 1

We are up to 4 speed cows and they do go faster.  We are working towards five speed Battle Cattle as my friends call them.  You will need help from Fo priests along the way so they can get rid of the bad traits and you need a high AH person to help with breeding them so you have a better chance of retaining the speed traits in the offspring. That means you need support from premium players any way.  It takes a long time to get to the five speed trait cows but I guess if you are set on getting faster mounts without buying premium this is one way to do it.

I will have to use that term for my future 5 speeds, Battle Cattle! Love it. I think even only two speed traits maxes out to 15kms? Been a while since i rode a traited cow. I could be wrong. What speed does a 4 speed max out at?

• Like 1

One thing the OP can consider is though his normal walking speed is 17 km/h, and the riding cow only goes about 12 km/h, I believe if he has a heavy load in his inventory that would normally make his walk slower than 12 km/h, that riding the cow with the load in his inventory would then be faster than his walking with a heavy burden.

Just a thought...