Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Sheepskin

Sheep pelt + salt = Sheepskin

Would look like a rug, without the head-graphic, but require less leatherworking to create.

The only other consideration is that would be that it would be nice to make sheepskin items like boots and coats and hats, so if salt on a pelt could make a sheepSKIN, but not a rug per se, this could then be used to craft other items from.

• Like 3

edit: do they drop pelts? I have not tested

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

edit: do they drop pelts? I have not tested

not that I've found

Oh, sheepskin could be used to make vellum, then papyrusmaking could be made even more useless. :P

Edited by Nmenth

Yes, a sheepskin rug is very soft and durable. Anti-allergic this rug can be used to make your rooms warm and cosy.

Oh, sheepskin could be used to make vellum, then papyrusmaking could be made even more useless. :P

:D I think you mean parchment. Vellum is calf-skin and preferably from a pure-white breed. If they are willing to introduce cow colours, only white calfskin should be able to be made into vellum in order not to cripple papyrus.

Vellum is calf skin etymologically, and is sometimes still used in that strictest sense, but it can refer to any animal skin.

It would be interesting to have parchment, but they'd have to make more of a use for paper first.